Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Feb 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3025525)   #326
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
It's been told that a man wearing jacket with a three-pointed star was seen near the broadcasting center during the night and the onboard film hasn't been seen since...

Seriously: I don't know much about onboard cam technology and even less about 1999 standards but if they weren't following that car during that time, is it possible that the onboard feed was never saved?

If this hasn't been posted yet then I guess now is a good time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...lAJMUTuA#t=57s
Old 14 Feb 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3025570)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Scary!
Old 14 Feb 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3025645)   #328
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It's been told that a man wearing jacket with a three-pointed star was seen near the broadcasting center during the night and the onboard film hasn't been seen since...

Seriously: I don't know much about onboard cam technology and even less about 1999 standards but if they weren't following that car during that time, is it possible that the onboard feed was never saved?

If this hasn't been posted yet then I guess now is a good time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...lAJMUTuA#t=57s
A very interesting debate.
And thinking more about it, it's quite normal that we don't see any onboard footage of crashes.
I know that John Nielsen took flight a couple of times in the 80's, and Tom K has too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Scary!
Indeed, especially when the car lands in the grass and dirt flies all over the cockpit.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3026053)   #329
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm pretty certain the camera would have cut out on impact but who knows. It's probably just sitting in someone's loft at the moment.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3026097)   #330
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm pretty certain the camera would have cut out on impact but who knows. It's probably just sitting in someone's loft at the moment.
Or in a cardboard box at the Mercedes museum.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3026161)   #331
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm pretty certain the camera would have cut out on impact but who knows.
Yeah, but the impact was after the flight.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3026164)   #332
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
And for sure it didn't carry a film reel...
Old 16 Feb 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3026672)   #333
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...POXXDHk#t=178s
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3027911)   #334
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, goosebumps, quite literally goosebumps.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3028334)   #335
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't no if this has been posted. I think this 905 Evo 2 Supercopter is the one that sold last year for 1.029.168 eu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzyw6eaa2fQ
Old 20 Feb 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3028344)   #336
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR14/WSC95 View Post
Don't no if this has been posted. I think this 905 Evo 2 Supercopter is the one that sold last year for 1.029.168 eu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzyw6eaa2fQ
I know that Peugeot themselve own a supercopter, saw it at the museum muself. But how many there excist i dont know.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3028356)   #337
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are only two in existence. One on display at Le Mans Museum and this one. Wouldn't it be awesome to see this car run in the Group C race at Le Mans this year.

http://www.pixauto.net/cour-hotel-de...gers.php/#haut

The detail on this car is insane...
Old 20 Feb 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3028426)   #338
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
No Chance to see the EVO 2 in the Support Race . Maybe we will see a Peugeot 905 for some Demo Rounds .
Old 20 Feb 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3028428)   #339
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
No Chance to see the EVO 2 in the Support Race . Maybe we will see a Peugeot 905 for some Demo Rounds .
A fourth screamer alongside the Matras? I think we'd all like to see that... and a 905 on full song can probably outpace even the R18s around Le Mans.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3028481)   #340
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR14/WSC95 View Post
I think there are only two in existence. One on display at Le Mans Museum and this one. Wouldn't it be awesome to see this car run in the Group C race at Le Mans this year.

http://www.pixauto.net/cour-hotel-de...gers.php/#haut

The detail on this car is insane...
I don't see Peugeot selling their own example...
Old 20 Feb 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3028508)   #341
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd settle for any kind of 905 iteration at the Group C race. There's a chance it could happen this year I suppose but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3028519)   #342
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'd settle for any kind of 905 iteration at the Group C race. There's a chance it could happen this year I suppose but I'm not holding my breath.
If you will see the 905 you have to go to Goodwood or Silverstone Classic .
Old 22 Feb 2012, 15:09 (Ref:3029476)   #343
Nordschleife
Rookie

Nordschleife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howmet TX gas turbine racer in SPA. Very cool!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24c-7pJZeM

Old 22 Feb 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3029542)   #344
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Now , that would play havoc on your ears .Ive already got tinitus from turbine engines !!!
Old 23 Feb 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3030044)   #345
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Listen to this!!!!!!!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=IiowuZid5vo
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3030122)   #346
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
That link seems to have come out wrong.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3030130)   #347
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Corrected: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IiowuZid5vo
Old 24 Feb 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3030151)   #348
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Nice. There seems to a lot of very exciting stuff driving up those hills judging by youtube videos.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3035390)   #349
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6BXLEEGD4

Onboard BMW M1 in Zolder .
Old 5 Mar 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3035404)   #350
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Much superior video sound-wise (and no paddles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kxwzK9HE#t=58s