Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Mar 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4147042)   #1751
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonman View Post
One point I liked was the circuit familiarity . I remember the days of the smaller circuits and really liked the alternative of a street race . I guess one is now considered out of date or too ambitious . What alternatives are their I wonder. Multiple layouts available but currently not being used at silver stone and snetterton . Some May suit BTCC although silverstone GP circuit May not be one . Big empty spaces probably not the way to go .
I think Snetterton 300 is too long a lap for BTCC. I'd prefer the 200 be used.

Silverstone GP is another half a mile, so would be even longer.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4147043)   #1752
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
I think Snetterton 300 is too long a lap for BTCC. I'd prefer the 200 be used.

Silverstone GP is another half a mile, so would be even longer.
I don’t think there would be enough overtaking opportunities with the 200 layout.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4147045)   #1753
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I don’t think there would be enough overtaking opportunities with the 200 layout.
Also, and a slight oddity, is that when the 300 circuit is used, spectators near the infield loop see the cars for a greater proportion of time.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4147048)   #1754
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Also, and a slight oddity, is that when the 300 circuit is used, spectators near the infield loop see the cars for a greater proportion of time.
I visited both the current layout and the previous one . Your right that viewing is improved but extra length seems to take away some excitement. The old track always seem to have plenty of overtaking opportunities especially in days of group A but they had lots of power to weight and more skittish handling .
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:20 (Ref:4147053)   #1755
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The full timetable for each of the ten rounds is now published - https://www.btcc.net/2023/03/14/btcc...ed-timetables/
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4147060)   #1756
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gonna be interesting, especially as various weather conditions could play a big part this year depending on what time each of the races is on
Old 14 Mar 2023, 21:34 (Ref:4147088)   #1757
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange that more teams haven’t gone testing yet?
Old 14 Mar 2023, 22:37 (Ref:4147092)   #1758
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Strange that more teams haven’t gone testing yet?
WSR tried last week but it snowed, so they went home.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:28 (Ref:4147101)   #1759
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR out at Oulton today.
Old 15 Mar 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4147134)   #1760
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
WSR out at Oulton today.
Motorbase at Snetterton
Old 15 Mar 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4147138)   #1761
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Motorbase at Snetterton
Thought more teams might be there?
Old 15 Mar 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4147141)   #1762
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Thought more teams might be there?
excelr8 are there too
Old 15 Mar 2023, 11:29 (Ref:4147145)   #1763
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So we're just waiting for announcements from Speedworks and Dynamics and also to see if any other team joins the series
Old 15 Mar 2023, 11:47 (Ref:4147150)   #1764
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So we're just waiting for announcements from Speedworks and Dynamics and also to see if any other team joins the series
Speedworks just posted a press release welcoming in new personnel and announcing plans to grow into GTs (despite dropping out of BritishGT) so hopefully that’s a positive sign that their BTCC program this year is all good behind the scenes.

Feel like if something wasn’t up with Dynamics, they would’ve made some kind of BTCC related post to reaffirm their presence with all the comments they’re getting. Notice Speedworks have been just as quiet and there’s been zero rumours about them being in trouble. Hope to be wrong!

Highly doubt any new teams will appear with a month to go, unless someone with exceptionally deep pockets has done a deal with the potentially-struggling Dynamics a long while back…
Old 15 Mar 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4147151)   #1765
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Think we are waiting on last announcements at One Motorsport (BTC Racing) as well. 3rd Driver and whether there will be a 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 Mar 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4147154)   #1766
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Speedworks just posted a press release welcoming in new personnel and announcing plans to grow into GTs (despite dropping out of BritishGT) so hopefully that’s a positive sign that their BTCC program this year is all good behind the scenes.

Feel like if something wasn’t up with Dynamics, they would’ve made some kind of BTCC related post to reaffirm their presence with all the comments they’re getting. Notice Speedworks have been just as quiet and there’s been zero rumours about them being in trouble. Hope to be wrong!

Highly doubt any new teams will appear with a month to go, unless someone with exceptionally deep pockets has done a deal with the potentially-struggling Dynamics a long while back…
The Speedworks press release is rather upbeat. New funding/investment from their new managing director (who has some racing experience and a lot of business experience) which allows Christian and Amy Dick to focus on their areas of expertise. There is also a suggestion in the press release that they will once again be registered as a manufacturer entry in BTCC. With this press release out the way, it means they can focus on specific BTCC announcements.

Agreed on Dynamics - something must be going on there. The Speedworks announcement alleviates a lot of my concerns with the future of their BTCC programme.

Agreed on teams as well - if there is any movement on the teams front it would most likely be a merger or working partnership.
Old 15 Mar 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4147166)   #1767
teabag1993
Rookie

teabag1993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
The Speedworks press release is rather upbeat. New funding/investment from their new managing director (who has some racing experience and a lot of business experience) which allows Christian and Amy Dick to focus on their areas of expertise. There is also a suggestion in the press release that they will once again be registered as a manufacturer entry in BTCC. With this press release out the way, it means they can focus on specific BTCC announcements.
I really think that 2023 could be Speedworks' year. Butcher's run in the last two rounds was incredible- but the Corollas always seem to have a slow start to the season. If Rory could get on the podium right out of the gate, I think he'd be a title favourite for the whole year.
Old 15 Mar 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4147209)   #1768
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ronan Pearson livery reveal due soon.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 10:03 (Ref:4147263)   #1769
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabag1993 View Post
I really think that 2023 could be Speedworks' year. Butcher's run in the last two rounds was incredible- but the Corollas always seem to have a slow start to the season. If Rory could get on the podium right out of the gate, I think he'd be a title favourite for the whole year.
I definitely agree that if the Toyotas can get a good start to the year then they can challenge for titles. I'm hopeful that Motorbase and Speedworks can challenge WSR in the manufacturer/constructor championship this year.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 13:16 (Ref:4147284)   #1770
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three teams at Croft next week too apparently - Wednesday.
A mechanic (former Dynamics) at GT Cup today reckons they've handed their TBL back to Gow and will announce a new programme next week. He reckons the posts about supporting TCR cars in 24 Hours Series is shifting to them running their own cars there - are BTCC cars eligible for the Touring class I wonder?

*I'm not sure mind, could just be pulling my leg, but they are late!
Old 16 Mar 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4147339)   #1771
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope TD don’t leave, I can’t help but think it would cause others to follow and we’ll end up in 2003 again.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 22:39 (Ref:4147346)   #1772
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a feeling that too much has now been said about their apparent leaving and not a hint from their side that it's untrue and they're actually staying so I'm afraid that it's true they're leaving, sadly. Would be a huge blow for the championship, no doubt about that but everything has its end....

Shedden and Butcher as Toyota's duo then??
Old 17 Mar 2023, 06:40 (Ref:4147375)   #1773
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Have a feeling that too much has now been said about their apparent leaving and not a hint from their side that it's untrue and they're actually staying so I'm afraid that it's true they're leaving, sadly. Would be a huge blow for the championship, no doubt about that but everything has its end....

Shedden and Butcher as Toyota's duo then??
It wouldn't be a great look for the series for sure.

If Dynamics leave, I'd also guess Butcher and Shedden as Speedworks' main lineup. As Speedworks have 3 TBLs, I'd guess someone like Hamilton in the 3rd car
Old 17 Mar 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4147376)   #1774
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team Dynamics' own website says that they have plans for 2023 in the BTCC.
Gordon Shedden has publicly stated that he is working on the behind-the-scenes plans for his 2023 campaign with Team Dynamics (in the BTCC).

Obviously, this can all fail to materialise for many reasons - but what tangible evidence is there that they are planning to step away from the series, other than a lack of announcement to date?

Mr Gow always likes to have something to reveal at media day - maybe Team Dynamics is the team that has chosen to be the 'big reveal' this season?
Old 17 Mar 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4147378)   #1775
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It wouldn't be a great look for the series for sure.
I don't buy the TD leaving is bad for the series idea. Big teams have left before and the BTCC moves on (Triple Eight Racing for example). Some other team steps in to fill the void.

Also, as I've said before, TD have had their ups and downs over the years. They're in a dip at the moment. It might be the end, it might not. If they do go it will be a shame, but it's no reflection on the series