Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 11 Oct 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1734864)   #51
racer-gal
Rookie

racer-gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey 6 litre
T-cars is too expensive, Sax Max and J Ginettas are the way forward. When learning to race you DONT need an expensive car with a spaceframe chassis, t-cars should be targeted as the step up from Sax Max.

I hoping that Sax Max next season is when im back home, i havent seen it yet and i really wan't to. 750mc has the right idea, just look at stock hatch, and sax max is a good continuation from that, i think it will provide more drivers than T-cars ever will.
T-Cars doesn't HAVE to be expensive!
It depends how you do it, who you run with, etc...

it's been a good starting ground for so many drivers,

tom chilton, will bratt, jonny cocker and many more.

am i right in thinking that ryan lewis did t-cars?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1735261)   #52
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-gal

am i right in thinking that ryan lewis did t-cars?
Talk about putting one's foot in it! You've just listed 4 names that epitomise the theory of rich kids with average ability!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1735268)   #53
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al123
wow there has been an aweful lot of slating going on while I have been away ,by the way i had my english teacher check this message and i put it in bold type so people of all ages will be able to read it. I would just like to say ,not to restart the fight, that there will always be talent in motorsport that gets over looked because in the end for those at the very top motor sport is a business. This is a fact of life unfair as it may seem so why try and dicriminate against people because of it. I recognise how lucky I am to be in my position and have so much respect for those who most probably had to work a hell of a lot harder than i did to start going racing however i still think that talent is talent and people shouldn't disregard drivers because money is on there side

I'm sure that you're not serious but, if you really did get your English teacher to check your post, then you need to get a better English teacher!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1735389)   #54
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
Talk about putting one's foot in it! You've just listed 4 names that epitomise the theory of rich kids with average ability!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1735402)   #55
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Most entry level motorsport doesn't have to be expensive. The problem is when you have the likes of the 3 you mention throwing money at it like no tomorrow it's very difficult to compete against them without spending equally large sums.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1735461)   #56
racer-gal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
ok... maybe those we're a bad 3 to pick, but there has been people who don't have alot of money, are doing well and started in t-cars,

and "rich kids with average ability" is NOT nessessary!!!!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1735528)   #57
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
ok... maybe those we're a bad 3 to pick, but there has been people who don't have alot of money, are doing well and started in t-cars,

Who?

and "rich kids with average ability" is NOT nessessary!!!!!
No, not nessessary (sic) but true!!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1735574)   #58
racer-gal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
its not true at all, we dont have alot of money!!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1735579)   #59
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey! I've just happened on this thread, and can I say welcome to our young guns, and regardless of who your parents are, and what ever championship you may be racing in, there is one thing that is fact.

Motor Racing is expensive, and more addictive than Class A drugs. Ask Vic Lee... oops stop me! (I bet the mods censor that!)

Sponsors help you into the upper echilons of the sport, and getting sponsors is always more of "Who you know" opposed to "What you know". I know this as we're working flat out trying to raise budget to run my existing car, and buy/run another one.

Looking at all of the names in the poll, there isn't one who stands out to me and says I'm the next BTCC Champ, because with guidance, all of them could be.

I feel that narrowing it to BTCC Champ is also unfair, as some of them may never do the BTCC, but may go on to GT's, or single seaters, or both/all three. They may go WTCC and do really well and shine. They may pack up all together before they go much further.

Rather than slate them as Daddy's little rich kids, I'd say that lucky blighters that I'd give my left arm to have been at their age!

As for Sax-Max - it's a great start of the younger drivers that will probably go on to steadily rise up the ranks in tin-tops. It's cheap, and if they get it wrong, they haven't lost much compared to getting it wrong in T-Cars.

Keep it on the island. And remember, Formula Ford... Don't do it today!

Rob.
41 in just over two weeks, going on 16.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1736324)   #60
Al123
Rookie

Al123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
I'm sure that you're not serious but, if you really did get your English teacher to check your post, then you need to get a better English teacher!!
good banter. I didn't but I got him to check yours and you put your comma in the wrong place, chin up
Old 12 Oct 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1736326)   #61
Al123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
AND I am pretty sure 'sic' isn't a word
Old 12 Oct 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1736332)   #62
Al123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Well my apologies then, but I wasn't impressed with his first post.
you caught me a bit on the angry side that people were having a go at us but through the text speak I hope you saw the point I was trying to make
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1736353)   #63
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
To aid in your education:

sic Sic (=thus, so), invariably bracketed and usually set in italics, is used to indicate that a preceding word or phrase in a quoted passage is reproduced as it appeared in the original passage. Sic at its best is intended to aid readers who might be confused about whether the quoter or the quoted writer is responsible for the spelling or grammatical anomaly.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1736360)   #64
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
good banter. I didn't but I got him to check yours and you put your comma in the wrong place, chin up

No I didn't.

Incidentally, in your earlier post, I noted 2 mispositioned commas, 13 grammatical and two spelling errors. I didn't look too hard.

I really wouldn't carry on digging, Alex, the hole will get deeper.

Chin up....

Last edited by DSM; 12 Oct 2006 at 16:21.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1736363)   #65
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Obviously Latin is no longer on the National Curriculum.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1736368)   #66
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Obviously Latin is no longer on the National Curriculum.

...nor English.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1736422)   #67
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey guys, this isn't a spelling bee. Keep it on topic?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1736428)   #68
racer-gal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Hey guys, this isn't a spelling bee. Keep it on topic?
i was going to say!!!

DSM, who CARES if he made so many mistakes???? alex is blonde (, i cant say much) and 15/16 years old!!!

i think we shud go back to the whole BTCC driver thingy!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1736500)   #69
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
OK, if you all want a spelling and grammar contest then take it to Parc Ferme otherwise could we get this thread back on topic.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1736545)   #70
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please correct me but weren't about 5 of the T Cars drivers also racing in Sax Max at the end of the season. If so it speaks for itself.

Surely there is no place for T cars next year - the junior championships should be consolidated to give 2 strong series rather than 1 strong (as Sax Maz will be) and 2 moderate
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1736559)   #71
racer-gal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark77
Please correct me but weren't about 5 of the T Cars drivers also racing in Sax Max at the end of the season. If so it speaks for itself.

Surely there is no place for T cars next year - the junior championships should be consolidated to give 2 strong series rather than 1 strong (as Sax Maz will be) and 2 moderate
dan brown has always been doing t-cars and saxmax this year and ryan borthwick did one round in saxmax, found it too slow and left... then left t-cars

why should there only be 2 junior championships? does that mean we should only have 2 adult championships?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1736570)   #72
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
dan brown has always been doing t-cars and saxmax this year and ryan borthwick did one round in saxmax
Indeed and there has been some limited cross over between Ginetta Juniors, SAXMAX and T Cars. Likewise for some adult championships, drivers take in occasional races in other categories, so I don't really see why 'under age' categories should be any different.

Quote:
why should there only be 2 junior championships? does that mean we should only have 2 adult championships?
With regard to your comment regarding two adult championships, then a case can be made that there is a sufficient number of competitors to sustain a large number of championships (although there are some that could be merged, but that is another debate), but grid numbers suggest that there isn't sufficient demand to support three junior championships that provide a good spectacle.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1736579)   #73
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
OK, if you all want a spelling and grammar contest then take it to Parc Ferme otherwise could we get this thread back on topic.
Awe' I woz reely enjoying that
Old 12 Oct 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1736627)   #74
Al123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay
Does a film reviewer have to make films? Does a restaurant critic have to be a chef? No, so shut up.
by the way no they don't but have you ever met a critic of anything who's opinion is worth more than anyone elses I havn't
Old 12 Oct 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1736629)   #75
Al123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
No I didn't.

Incidentally, in your earlier post, I noted 2 mispositioned commas, 13 grammatical and two spelling errors. I didn't look too hard.

I really wouldn't carry on digging, Alex, the hole will get deeper.

Chin up....
thats just sad but quite funny . back on topic we go
Closed Thread