Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans?
Audi 49 28.99%
Porsche 23 13.61%
Toyota 94 55.62%
The others...! 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3418687)   #301
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
My guess is that he touched grass with his right rear before turning left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem View Post
Didn't like seeing that ambulance
After such a shunt a thorough medical examination in the medical centre is absolutely mandatory I suppose, and rightly so.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3418688)   #302
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they shouldn't be allowed to used an unscrutineered chassis (if needed).
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3418689)   #303
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Doom & gloom
Think Mercedes!

I am sure they cannot use another tub this late as per the rules, but the ACO will do something, but Toyota and Porsche etc could object, remember the JLOC car a few years ago. complete new car after an off.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3418690)   #304
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually just to clarify I hope he has no injuries at all! But looking at the remains of that car it would be hard to escape that without a few scrapes
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3418691)   #305
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'm kind of glad I wasn't here to see that live. That picture looks like a massive accident, any word on the condition of the driver (Duval was it) yet?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3418693)   #306
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'm kind of glad I wasn't here to see that live. That picture looks like a massive accident, any word on the condition of the driver (Duval was it) yet?
Nobody saw it live, at least not on TV. Eurosport just cut to the destroyed car all of a sudden.

DSC speculates that the session might not resume at all due to the damage to the barriers.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3418694)   #307
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is being suggested that the session may not resume due to damage to fencing.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3418695)   #308
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I don't think so, however that didn't stop Mercedes in 1999 after Webber flip.
Webber might like them not too in hindsight!
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3418696)   #309
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If Loic got out on his own, that's a good sign that he's not seriously injured. If he was sitting in the ambulance as opposed to being on a strecher, that's another good sign. If that's the case, Loic's biggest deal might be if he has a concussion. That stuff is a big deal in motorsports, and in '07, Audi Sport's own team doctor advised Pirro to sit out the last two ALMS races because of a concussion he had during practice at PLM that year.

If the session won't resume anytime soon (might even be ditched due to damage to the barriers and fencing), would the ACO reschedule the session, or is LM pretty time sensitive still (as in guard rails being removed from parts of the track to open it to traffic)?

Also, I believe that the CLR deal, Webber was driving a re-tubbed car on the morning it flipped during warm up in '99.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3418698)   #310
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Really terrible looking crash. But the ambulance isn't surprising... mandatory checkup at this point. Hope Duval is OK, as is everyone watching the live stream...
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3418699)   #311
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Nobody saw it live, at least not on TV. Eurosport just cut to the destroyed car all of a sudden.

DSC speculates that the session might not resume at all due to the damage to the barriers.
Thanks for that. In that case, the barrier should be repaired for tonight at least.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3418700)   #312
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
If Loic got out on his own, that's a good sign that he's not seriously injured. If he was sitting in the ambulance as opposed to being on a strecher, that's another good sign. If that's the case, Loic's biggest deal might be if he has a concussion. That stuff is a big deal in motorsports, and in '07, Audi Sport's own team doctor advised Pirro to sit out the last two ALMS races because of a concussion he had during practice at PLM that year.
I haven't seen any footage to suggest otherwise.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3418703)   #313
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Someone referred to seeing him apparently sitting in the ambulance as it drove away, and it was moving at a pretty slow pace. So I can't say for sure if that's good or bad.

But even if doesn't have life threatening injuries, a concussion could take him out of the race if the ACO and Audi's doctors refuse to clear him.

Of course, going a long time without any updates reminds me of Simonsen last year (who died shortly after his accident), and of Rocky in '11 (who wasn't seriously injured but since there was no footage of him getting out of the car and news was slow to filter in, we were in the dark about his condition for quite a while).
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3418704)   #314
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
am i being a prude or is it really inappropriate for other drivers to be tweeting screengrabs of that shunt before anyone knows how the driver involved is? i'm seriously thinking a lot less of the people i've seen so far doing it.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3418705)   #315
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I asked about the car first because I was looking at video images of the wrecked car.

I take it as given that each of cares more about human life then cars, and if I mention one or the other first, no one will think that I only care about the car and couldn't care else is a driver is injured.

I assume without asking that all of us are sicked every time they see a crash until word comes back that the driver is alright.

The online ACO report says that Dr. Ulrich is ordering the new tub, so it seems that question is answered. Also, Ulrich is apparently smiling and unworried, so Loic is probably fine.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3418706)   #316
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Japanese Autosport's tweet,
Loic is safe although his leg was injured.
https://twitter.com/AUTOSPORT_web/st...48602350391296
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3418707)   #317
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I've seen in that picture from the CCTV is that I believe I can see his helmet as if that part of the tub is missing.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3418711)   #318
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
If that's so, then we likely have no reason to worry about Loic if the brass at Audi seem confident that he's OK. Biggest thing normally that people rely on for that is radio communication. But I'm betting that the radio stuff got messed up--like most of the rest of the car--in the accident.

Now it seems that if Loic is in good shape, we--especially Audi Sport--need to determine what caused the crash. Be it driver error or mechanical failure. Only Audi Sport telemetry and Duval know right now.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3418712)   #319
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea what the Audi mechanics were doing running to grab some kit and jump into a Race Control car there? Something to do with the hybrid maybe? I don't have sound here sadly so can't here the commentators
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3418713)   #320
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Dr Ulrich says Duval is awake and alert and has talked to the medical staff!

Being checked now in the care center.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3418714)   #321
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
dscracelive‏@dscracelive·now
News is that Loic Duval has spoken with the doctors trackside and has been taken to the circuit's medical centre for "routine checkup".
That is good news
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3418715)   #322
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming that Duval is fine, audi main problem now is not for the new chassis, but for the driver who will replace duval...
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3418716)   #323
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont understand why there is a concrete wall there in such a dangerous corner. They should put tyres there, instead of concrete.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3418717)   #324
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
https://twitter.com/ClubArnage

seems he is ok
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3418719)   #325
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
am i being a prude or is it really inappropriate for other drivers to be tweeting screengrabs of that shunt before anyone knows how the driver involved is? i'm seriously thinking a lot less of the people i've seen so far doing it.
Well you're certainly not alone, because several people, including Mulsanne Mike, The Rusty Hub, Adrian Michael Rees, are fighting the fight via Twitter, among others.

But... what's the difference of someone taking a screenshot of the Eurosport live stream and posting it to a social media outlet and someone watching it on TV and seeing the same image anyway?

It's not like the low-res photos of the Memo Gidley crash at Daytona by several people... this is just tweeting out what everyone else sees. Don't see the problem..

BTW Duval is in conversation with Dr. Ullrich. So he's conscious... great news.