Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans?
Audi 49 28.99%
Porsche 23 13.61%
Toyota 94 55.62%
The others...! 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 May 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3409050)   #101
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
He'll probably throw the flag on the track if the polesitter is a Toyota or a Porsche. )
Why, he's been factory driver for all three of them...
Old 22 May 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3409057)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely right!
Old 22 May 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3409073)   #103
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why, he's been factory driver for all three of them...
That's true so he is the best person to wave the start flag, driven for all three top marks who are competing for the overall win this year, world champion and reigning le mans winner. What's more to ask for?
Old 22 May 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3409087)   #104
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know I was kinda fearing they would go after that French TV celebrity (??) presenting all the promotional P1 "tech videos" for the ACO... Fred Courant or whatever

Glad they picked someone relevant
Old 22 May 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3409093)   #105
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You know I was kinda fearing they would go after that French TV celebrity (??) presenting all the promotional P1 "tech videos" for the ACO... Fred Courant or whatever

Glad they picked someone relevant
Well they did pick Derek Bell and Jochen Mass for the previous two races, so the trend is established.
Old 22 May 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3409118)   #106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good choice in my opinion
Old 22 May 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3409174)   #107
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
As this year seems to be one with out a pit visit, I might be able to still provide us with some inside information from one of the big teams, Toyota TMG.
My connection to the dutch motorsport site RaceXpress has handed me the great opportunity to take an interview with a few team members of this Japanese/German/French squad.
For all our dutch members, I'd advise you to keep an eye on the RaceXpress site on the Friday/Saturday and for all attendants at the meet, I might have some inside info on the strategy and set ups of the cars.
Old 26 May 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3410975)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso to start the race
http://racer.com/latest-stories/item...24-hours-start
Old 26 May 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3410990)   #109
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Rather bizarre choice, but I'm glad to see McNish nominated as Grand Marshal.
Old 26 May 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3411015)   #110
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm, an official Ferrari pilot, interesting.
Old 26 May 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3411023)   #111
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Hmmm, an official Ferrari pilot, interesting.
Yes but didn't we have the Ferrari president before him...
Old 26 May 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3411028)   #112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Could it be that the ACO would like Ferrari to enter LMP1
Old 26 May 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3411032)   #113
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh really now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Yes but didn't we have the Ferrari president before him...
Yeah but that was 5 years ago - when admittely there was the F1 breakaway series stuff going on, however Ferrari had not made subtle realistic hints towards LMP as in the recent times, so now there is at least some real fuel in the fire

I'm sure many would have wanted McNish there waving the flag (though he still does want Pesca did last year) but this is far better ploy for PR catching.

Some quotes from Alonso @ ferrari.com:

Quote:
“I am very happy to have been chosen to start this race because it is one of a handful of races that has defined the history of motor sport. -- I’m keen to check out the details on this type of car. In Formula 1, we have also entered the hybrid era and I am curious to find out more about the working methods and technology involved in this series.”

“For sure, it will be nice to see Mark Webber, who is a great friend of mine. We miss him in Formula 1 and I want to know how he’s getting on in Endurance racing.”
I guess this time around he gets to see these things actually moving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIPQrcEE97I
Old 26 May 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3411037)   #114
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
OK, leave F1 and go make cars we love. I don't think that will ever happen. It would be nice though.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3411042)   #115
Deleted
Veteran

Even if they were to come in P1, only a fool would think it'd be the end of their easily highest profile, highest profit (veto-right-driven) campaign in that other series.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3411046)   #116
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Ferrari back in sportscars with a full factory team in the lmp1 class is what we all want to see let's be honest.
Old 26 May 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3411049)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes it would be nice
Old 26 May 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3411050)   #118
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Ferrari back in sportscars with a full factory team in the lmp1 class is what we all want to see let's be honest.
But how much gerrymandering are we willing to put up with to get Ferrari back into LMP1? It's naive to think they'd come to sportscar racing no strings attached just because F1 is not going their way.

Then again, I imagine most people would be happy to see V12 petrol powertrains be given that little bit extra in the regs
Old 26 May 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3411066)   #119
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
But how much gerrymandering are we willing to put up with to get Ferrari back into LMP1? It's naive to think they'd come to sportscar racing no strings attached just because F1 is not going their way.

Then again, I imagine most people would be happy to see V12 petrol powertrains be given that little bit extra in the regs
Absolutly. Way better then all the regs favoured whisper diesels of the last decade.
Old 26 May 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3411070)   #120
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Does the economics in Italy add up to a full LMP1 splash? Easy to dream it, tough to see it.

They'd have to get a third party to pay for it to race and the third party would attract sponsorship on the back of the Ferrari brand winning outright after so many years. 50 years since Rindt's win I think - by the time '15 comes around.
Old 27 May 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3411107)   #121
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

I would like to see a Ferrari V12 petrol in LMP1 again!!!
Old 27 May 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3411440)   #122
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Just updating on this thread as well, as I think it's very pertinent to the race itself. Strakka has dropped out, replaced by Krohn Racing.

We should start a poll: how many more entry changes before race time?
Old 27 May 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3411453)   #123
Deleted
Veteran

Should someone start Test Day thread since the heat is on, already
http://sportscar365.com/features/pho...et-up-gallery/
Old 28 May 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3411956)   #124
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Feel free.......
Old 29 May 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3412185)   #125
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=31437