Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans?
Audi 49 28.99%
Porsche 23 13.61%
Toyota 94 55.62%
The others...! 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 May 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3412343)   #126
jyco22
Rookie

France
bretagne in France !
jyco22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Test Day

For me and my friends, as every year
In the morning: in front of pits, Dunlop, Esses, Tertre Rouge, back through paddock, pits
Break: tribune Wimile beetween 13/14
The afternoon: straight line of stands, chicane ford, maison blanche,
arnage and end at Mulsanne corner

one fresh beer at Arnage and return (rennes)

if you want, possible to meet in the Wimile tribune (lunch time)
Old 29 May 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3412349)   #127
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprisingly few pictures and tweets coming out one day before scrutineering begins. I guess few are as excited as I am.
Old 29 May 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3412369)   #128
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
some prep photos from today:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pho...preparatifs-3/
Old 29 May 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3412373)   #129
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Surprisingly few pictures and tweets coming out one day before scrutineering begins. I guess few are as excited as I am.
You are wrong many here are VERY excited but not able to attend this early. I'll arrive next sunday afternoon for scruteneering. So keep on posting those pictures and give us the feeling we are already attending.
Old 29 May 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3412402)   #130
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I used to go to the test day when it was two months before the race, now it is too close to the race for me.
Old 29 May 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3412412)   #131
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We need a Test Day Thread! I would start it but it will not be suspenseful at all. Anyone?
Old 29 May 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3412464)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on people, someone (anyone) can start a thread......
Old 29 May 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3412469)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I just say at this point that I've been around here for a long time and yes, it's always pretty cool this close to the great race, but somehow it seems that we have a greater level of participation here in the subforum than I think I've ever known, from both the forum diehards and new recruits alike. It's a special place. And I thank you all for that.......
Old 29 May 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3412474)   #134
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can I just say at this point that I've been around here for a long time and yes, it's always pretty cool this close to the great race, but somehow it seems that we have a greater level of participation here in the subforum than I think I've ever known, from both the forum diehards and new recruits alike. It's a special place. And I thank you all for that.......
Last few days have been AWSOME I am reading updates more than several times a day. Who said I'm adicted.........
Old 29 May 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3412504)   #135
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree Andrew the volume of posts and different topics of discussion has been much more intense this year, and the newer members seem to be driving that, excitement for the big race is building and can't wait for the morning when i climb into the car and set off
Old 29 May 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3412511)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well said Simon - I feel exactly the same!
Old 29 May 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3412515)   #137
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think those thanks are more deserved by the teams/race officials; it's their continued commitment and professionalism that has brought more widespread interest and fans to sportscar racing.

Even when we're arguing it's because we all want sportscars to be the best it can be. We just happen to, errrrrr, disagree with how to get there!
Old 30 May 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3412775)   #138
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Indeed Andrew, it slowly comes to raceweek and it is nice to reed all posts here the last few weeks.
Really looking forwrd to meeting many of us tenthers at Le Mans this year, let's make it another one to remember!
Old 30 May 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3412897)   #139
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Ridiculous as it sounds, despite our passion being once a year in June and spending 11 months looking forward to it; it always seems to be a surprise that suddenly it is only a couple of weeks away! As others have noted, the forum is alive now, lots of plans, ideas, etc and all part of the build up.

Having missed several years, I am more excited about this year than usual, being at the race is enough, the fact that this year could be the start of a new period of truly competitive multi-manufacturer races just adds icing to the cake.
Old 31 May 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3413036)   #140
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beyond the forum, I believe that a larger number of visitors will be at Le Mans this year.
Old 31 May 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3413048)   #141
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Beyond the forum, is there such a thing?!

I thought there might be a few less people this year due to some footie competition going on, but I guess the draw of 3 manufacturers competing for the win has encouraged some back who maybe drifted away in the Audi years.
Old 31 May 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3413094)   #142
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think the attendance will be weaker because of one or two football matches. On the other hand, yes, some oldtimers will come back (i.e. Hans Stuck Fan).
Old 31 May 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3413134)   #143
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Football, but I love Le Mans. The two can co-exist. I may find myself stepping away from the track for a "break" for an hour and a half on Saturday evening. A 22:2 split sounds about right!
Old 31 May 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3413135)   #144
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW - I quite enjoyed the articles in Motorsport magazine this month - a good read.
Old 31 May 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3413176)   #145
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Yes, I read those as well, would recommend them to others. It's amazing how 3 such different cars have so far proved to be all quite close in overall pace. Don't want to get too excited, but the new rules feel like a modern reworking of the Group C rules, could this be the start of a new golden period in sportscars?
Old 31 May 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3413219)   #146
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Yes, I read those as well, would recommend them to others. It's amazing how 3 such different cars have so far proved to be all quite close in overall pace. Don't want to get too excited, but the new rules feel like a modern reworking of the Group C rules, could this be the start of a new golden period in sportscars?
It would be so nice.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3414469)   #147
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMGTE BoP changes released:

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/24h-du...ance_2072.html

Quote:
The Aston Martin Vantages gain an additional 5 litres fuel capacity in both LMGTE Pro and Am, the change being applicable only to 2013 models in LMGTE Am.

The Porsche 911 GT3 RSR and 911 RSR remain at 90 litres capacity, while the Ferrari 458 Italia and Corvette C7.R are allowed to carry 85 litres. The Corvette C7.R has been given an increase of 1.3mm on each of its two restrictors, while its rear wing has been lowered by 25 mm
Old 3 Jun 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3414933)   #148
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Lovely.......
Old 4 Jun 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3415486)   #149
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are replaying the 2010 Le Mans on the lemanstv site. Or i think its a highlights.

http://www.lemans-tv.com/
Old 4 Jun 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3415488)   #150
Articus
Veteran

Oh boy. When the first Peugeot engine failed. That's just tough. The look on Olivier Quesnel's face. If only he knew what else was to come...