Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Mar 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1534789)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750MC Test Day @ Mallory

Just got home from what's now a very snowy Mallory, practice started @ 9am in bright sunshine, with the usual mix of cars, from Stock Hatch's to a Cooper Formula Junior & a beautiful Crossle sports car.
The canteen has now been finished off, with new blue furniture & the awesome brekkie is still £5-50.
A never raced before novice, managed to roll his Peugeot 106 @ Gerrards, followed later on in the morning by a F4 car rolling twice between the Esses & the Oak tree. In my opinion the best car on tge track was a USFF2000 car in Gulf colours.
As the snow came down in the afternoon, the track was quieter, with the only major incident being caused by Pete Harding, the Chief Marshal in Race Control, we didn't need a medic, just a carpenter.

All in all a good start to the season, having time to chat to people like Dallas Smith the Chief Scrutineer & Terry & Avril Stevens the Timekeepers, people you normally only get time to say 'hi' .

Can't wait until Sunday for the 1st Race Meeting - EMRA bikes
Old 3 Mar 2006, 07:33 (Ref:1535168)   #2
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know who was involved in the F4 accident and were they okay ?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1535500)   #3
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Just got home from what's now a very snowy Mallory, practice started @ 9am in bright sunshine, with the usual mix of cars, from Stock Hatch's to a Cooper Formula Junior & a beautiful Crossle sports car.
The canteen has now been finished off, with new blue furniture & the awesome brekkie is still £5-50.
A never raced before novice, managed to roll his Peugeot 106 @ Gerrards, followed later on in the morning by a F4 car rolling twice between the Esses & the Oak tree. In my opinion the best car on tge track was a USFF2000 car in Gulf colours.
As the snow came down in the afternoon, the track was quieter, with the only major incident being caused by Pete Harding, the Chief Marshal in Race Control, we didn't need a medic, just a carpenter.

All in all a good start to the season, having time to chat to people like Dallas Smith the Chief Scrutineer & Terry & Avril Stevens the Timekeepers, people you normally only get time to say 'hi' .

Can't wait until Sunday for the 1st Race Meeting - EMRA bikes

Thanks for your kind words about my FF2000!!! It does look nice doesn't it. I guess you must have been on one of the straights as it had a horrible missfire through all the corners that we can't get to the bottom off.... So we will be back on Wednesday to try and solve before the weekends double races.

Not sure the name of the F4 driver who rolled but I think it went over more times than twice....It was a motorcycle engined Revolution and was a mess when it came back. I would expect the car to be dropped in a bin as it was that bad. But all credit to the chassis as the drivers area was pretty much okay and I think the driver climbed out without any damage to himself