Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4005569)   #201
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Statement from Andy Neate on one of the Facebook BTCC groups - 'Hi Guys, just so you are all aware. These are the facts that need to be said following the disaster of Thruxton. When the video of the on track incident was reviewed by the Stewards, the BTCC clerk namely Ian Watson that issued the penalty originally subsequently changed his opinion that the contact wasn’t deliberate. The stewards asked Ian having reviewed all the footage has he changed his opinion, he said on the points and strike no he hasn’t changed his mind which I think was fair, but he did conclude that he now felt having reviewed the footage the evidence suggested it wasn’t deliberate and his opinion had changed. And following reviewing evidence the stewards stated that they wouldn’t be taking any further action. There was a deal of confusion they followed as the penalty had been issued by the clerk Ian Watson, the stewards had seen the evidence and decided they wouldn’t take any further action, But because they had seen the evidence they couldn’t then hear any appeal. In which case it was highly likely that the disqualification penalty would have been overturned if an appeal had been heard. But it was 8:30pm at night at Thruxton, it made no odds to me as I didn’t get any points that weekend anyway. So I didn’t bother appealing, for the appeal to be heard in a court probably weeks later as the stewards could not hear it. Myself, the team manager and in fact The clerk i am sure all wanted to go home. I certainly did. So these are the facts, I am not saying anything that is untrue here. The rules of the blue book are strange sometimes and even confuse the clerks and the stewards sometimes when strange occurrences and processes out of kilta with the judicial processes take place. As I was inadvertently not offered the Chance to appeal originally at the first decision by the clerk up the bus as I should have been, the stewards had too offer me the chance later with an extension they are granted to give, but as I say it made no difference. I was happy all the officials had positive opinion at the end of the hearing. And as I say I didn’t win any points apart from those on my license at the weekend so there was no reason and allow everyone to go home. Both myself, team manager and Ian Watson left the matter all satisfied with a suitable opinion, and I was happy with that. Also it is fair to say, Boardley has his race unnecessarily ended by my contact with him. But also my race was effectively ended earlier on in that by contact from him, and whilst he didn’t get an official penalty, I was informed he was advised of the nature of hist contact he made with me a few times on the opening lap in race 1, contact that sent me off in turn 1 at high speed. I have no mallis with Boardley, I’m sure he didn’t intentionally mean to hit my car, and I didn’t hit his on purpose either. That’s racing sometimes. Over to you all to have your opinions you are welcome too, but these are facts that I am sure you can all check if you can speak to the officials directly. The officials do a difficult job, and whilst sometimes we disagree, I was happy we all left Thruxton late on Sunday morally knowing what really did and didn’t happen.'
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:32 (Ref:4005572)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Statement from Andy Neate on one of the Facebook BTCC groups
Thanks for posting that here. Reading his version of events, I not seeing any reference to the expulsion from the meeting for '1.1.9. Abusive language or behaviour, physical assault, or threats of physical assault within the area under control of the Organising Club.' ?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4005574)   #203
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Saw that on FB earlier. I've read it several times and I'm still not sure I understand it.

I think it translates as "Yeah, but no, but yeah, not bovvered, want to go home"
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4005577)   #204
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds that he'll be back in the car then.

Storm in a teacup all along? Be interested to hear what Boardley has to say on the matter.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:02 (Ref:4005586)   #205
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A town called Mallis, ooh yeah.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:16 (Ref:4005591)   #206
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Saw that on FB earlier. I've read it several times and I'm still not sure I understand it.

I think it translates as "Yeah, but no, but yeah, not bovvered, want to go home"
Pretty much what I got from it too. Also, 'I didn't score any points so who cares', and 'as Boardley ran me off first, it didn't matter that I crashed into him'.

And absolutely no way do I believe it was not deliberate...
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:33 (Ref:4005594)   #207
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Thanks for posting that here. Reading his version of events, I not seeing any reference to the expulsion from the meeting for '1.1.9. Abusive language or behaviour, physical assault, or threats of physical assault within the area under control of the Organising Club.' ?
Neate's RV was parked right next to Boardley's so maybe something happened there afterwards?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 14:14 (Ref:4005603)   #208
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
making a threat of physical assault by the use of his car to make deliberate contact with another competitor
It's weirdly worded but my take is that the actual collision was the 'threat of physical assault' - rather than there being a separate incident off-track. I might be wrong.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:20 (Ref:4005622)   #209
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
It's weirdly worded but my take is that the actual collision was the 'threat of physical assault' - rather than there being a separate incident off-track. I might be wrong.
Probably right, I was in that area all weekend and didn't see or hear of anything happening.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4005624)   #210
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Autosport says "BTCC officials looked into further evidence - understood to be onboard footage and his radio" - I wonder if he said something in-car in the heat of the moment that crossed a line.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4005635)   #211
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm....

"Here kitty kitty kitty"

Crunch

Bang

"GOTCHA you bar steward"
Old 26 Sep 2020, 12:08 (Ref:4006363)   #212
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as i could not watch the races last weekend watched the itv highlights this morning, some good races and great weekend for ingram for sure. The rear wheel drive cars did seem to be having a hard time but that has made the season a little closer.