Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3998624)   #426
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My lad is there again, no red gloves to look for though this weekend.....
Old 29 Aug 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3998694)   #427
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... will they start the race with the actual qualifying timing order, ie GTE cars ahead

Or will they artificially transfer the LMPs to the head of the pack
Old 29 Aug 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3998734)   #428
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So... will they start the race with the actual qualifying timing order, ie GTE cars ahead

ELMS website has them listed by class, if that means anything.

https://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/race/4653
Old 29 Aug 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3998735)   #429
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
ELMS website has them listed by class, if that means anything.

https://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/race/4653
So has Alkamel.
Hanson will start from pole.

http://elms.alkamelsystems.com/Resul..._Grid_Race.PDF

You call that artificial, but I think it is the right thing to do, especially if it keeps raining like it did in the last half of the LeMans Cup race.
The LMP3 cars were still faster than the GT cars, and I don't think it would be a particularly good idea to have the slower cars at the front when visibility is poor.

Last edited by gert; 29 Aug 2020 at 15:48.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3998739)   #430
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
You call that artificial, but I think it is the right thing to do, especially if it keeps raining like it did in the last half of the LeMans Cup race.
The LMP3 cars were still faster than the GT cars, and I don't think it would be a particularly good idea to have the slower cars at the front when visibility is poor.
I mean yes while it's sort of a shame it is probably still the right thing to do, they did it one year at ALMS Long Beach IIRC too. Plus they probably do not want a start like this again with the slow traffic jam mess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1kJhxfkeFw
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3998748)   #431
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Live stream

https://youtu.be/qyFfNh-cDHM
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3998785)   #432
Deleted
Veteran

??? upside down Oreca
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3998786)   #433
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
??? upside down Oreca
Duval - he is out of the car, though
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3998787)   #434
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Duval - he is out of the car, though
Yes I was wondering more to how it could've happened but seems like multicar sandwich with weird outcome
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3998789)   #435
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Yes I was wondering more to how it could've happened but seems like multicar sandwich with weird outcome
He was on the outside, and got pitched in the air by being sort of sideswiped by a car (#9) avoiding a spinning car (#16), that was turned aroung by the #13

--

Duval is fine though, he was just interviewed by the pit reporter

Last edited by gert; 29 Aug 2020 at 19:52.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3998833)   #436
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hugely enjoyable race. I watched the whole thing. Gutting for my lad though, he was on the #7 Nielsen P3 that was leading the class when it died....
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3998834)   #437
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
He was on the outside, and got pitched in the air by being sort of sideswiped by a car (#9) avoiding a spinning car (#16), that was turned aroung by the #13

--

Duval is fine though, he was just interviewed by the pit reporter
I couldn't believe it when Jonny P referred to Duval never having had an accident like it..... Short memories. Bruce did remind him later though.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3998837)   #438
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great race. I think we've found out how to make Paul Ricard fun. The next race should be run in the evening.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3998867)   #439
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Great race. I think we've found out how to make Paul Ricard fun. The next race should be run in the evening.
Evening and a bit of changing weather.
This must be one of the best races I've ever seen at Circuit Paul Ricard.

--

Hanson/Albuquerque were incredibly lucky with the timing of the Safety Car.
At that time they were about to go a lap down (but didn't - just), while the #32 that was only about 10-20 seconds behind it did and never recovered from that.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 12:44 (Ref:3998871)   #440
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It becomes interesting when you can't tell it's a giant parking lot of a race track
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3998880)   #441
Deleted
Veteran

The Barcelona night race had far less bright floodlights than HTTT, so as 'spectacle' (which night races sort of are) I preferred it over this one as I don't think sportscar races should have strong night time illumination, but it wasn't a bad race
Old 1 Sep 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3999532)   #442
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We made a little evaluation of the lap times again (for the Top-8 of the LMP2):

You can find it in our race-report:
http://gt-eins.de/Berichte2020/elms/elms_lc240.html
Old 3 Sep 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3999864)   #443
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
We made a little evaluation of the lap times again (for the Top-8 of the LMP2):

You can find it in our race-report:
http://gt-eins.de/Berichte2020/elms/elms_lc240.html
I love these graphics, thanks for sharing!

I'm always astonished at the consistency of some pro drivers compared to others.
Take Van Uitert and Brundle for instance. Brundle's times are all over the place, whereas Van Uitert's are in a tight cluster.
I didn't watch the race, so for all I know there may have been safety cars when Brundle was driving, but just used him as an example, there are others.

Also, did Rusinov have problems? Isn't he normally quicker than he was here?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3999896)   #444
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I'm always astonished at the consistency of some pro drivers compared to others.
Take Van Uitert and Brundle for instance. Brundle's times are all over the place, whereas Van Uitert's are in a tight cluster.
I didn't watch the race, so for all I know there may have been safety cars when Brundle was driving, but just used him as an example, there are others.

Also, did Rusinov have problems? Isn't he normally quicker than he was here?
The race was run in mixed conditions. Some started on wets, and went to intermedites.
Some others went to slicks when the track was dry-ish but for a whole lot of time the intermediates proved to be a better choice.
That was the cse for both United cars: #32 lost a lap while on the wrong tires for the conditions, #22 did not: they were only 10-20 seconds in front of the #32 but crucially were not yet lapped when the SC came.

Basically not all 3 drivers had similar conditions.
Rusinov for example was at the wheel when the track was in the worst conditions (first stint)

Last edited by gert; 3 Sep 2020 at 19:17.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3999901)   #445
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The race was run in mixed conditions. Some started on wets, and went to intermedites.
Some others went to slicks when the track was dry-ish but for a whole lot of time the intermediates proved to be a better choice.
That was the cse for both United cars: #32 lost a lap while on the wrong tires for the conditions, #22 did not: they were only 10-20 seconds in front of the #32 but crucially were not yet lapped when the SC came.

Basically not all 3 drivers had similar conditions.
Rusinov for example was at the wheel when the track was in the worst conditions (first stint)
That is one of the great parts about these figures, you can figure out why there were slower or faster times.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3999911)   #446
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is one of the great parts about these figures, you can figure out why there were slower or faster times.
Really? I still haven't found out how, then.
I see Aubry has 2 laps that are significantly slower, but I can't see why?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3999921)   #447
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Really? I still haven't found out how, then.
I see Aubry has 2 laps that are significantly slower, but I can't see why?
sorry, you're right i missed a step in my comment. If you watched the race and knew the conditions you can piece together the reasons for speed differentials. In a race with constant conditions you may be able to compare one driver to another, but here it is useful if you knew what the track conditions were for a given stint you can say Driver 1 was better than Driver 2 in the rain, but that changed when the track dried, and so on.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:49 (Ref:3999986)   #448
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
sorry, you're right i missed a step in my comment. If you watched the race and knew the conditions you can piece together the reasons for speed differentials. In a race with constant conditions you may be able to compare one driver to another, but here it is useful if you knew what the track conditions were for a given stint you can say Driver 1 was better than Driver 2 in the rain, but that changed when the track dried, and so on.
Right, I agree there
Old 5 Oct 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4008761)   #449
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Memo Rojas has left Dragonspeed

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/el...-prepare-2021/
Old 6 Oct 2020, 12:06 (Ref:4008825)   #450
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Interesting, tub damage from the broken suspension at Le Mans and no time for repairs. I like Memo, and hope he can find a package for next season.