Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Aug 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3999160)   #251
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrong means i said something wrong and edit my answer guys
It was not a reply...
Old 31 Aug 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3999167)   #252
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rallycross in the rain really enlivens it up further. Great win from Gronholm after that tense final. Kristoffersen isn't going to have it all his own way like in 2018. Esktrom is still in it

Doran needs a lucky break
Old 31 Aug 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3999178)   #253
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Rallycross in the rain really enlivens it up further. Great win from Gronholm after that tense final. Kristoffersen isn't going to have it all his own way like in 2018. Esktrom is still in it

Doran needs a lucky break
Ekström is not even competing the whole season, perhaps mostly to help out Larsson and KYB JC.

As for the final yesterday, joker was a lot more forgiving. On a dry track, Grönholm would've never made it with that margin, even if Kristoffersson lost some ground before Grönholm taking the joker.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3999204)   #254
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes the joker was not as much of a disadvantage, but that really did make it closer IMHO
Old 1 Sep 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3999400)   #255
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
I think the sad part is that the race today was rather ruined by the weather, JK would have won by miles were it not for that.
One post you complain how one driver is dominating, the next you complain that he didn't dominate

I was impressed with how calm Liam was when Cole interviewed him, he must really want to beat the hell out of that car. They definitely seem to be having more issues than in previous season, Bakkerud and Marklund have had issues too. Real shame because the car has shown some genuine pace.

I'm surprised that the Hansens seem to be struggling a bit more too, I know they're getting reasonable results but not quite the advantage they had last year. Currently I'm hoping Ekstrom finds the budget and agreements he needs to finish the season, he really adds to the spectacle and I'm not sure Janis will be quite on the same pace.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3999467)   #256
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be mortified if I was a FORS mechanic, the failure rate of the cars is appalling. Despite all the claims the Clios look no better to me and the Meganes seem to be going backwards. Is the issue budget or expertise? I wonder if there is any frustration at Prodrive, seeing another of their rallycross creations struggling in the hands of another team?

Real shame to see Ekstrom and Larsson drop out on Saturday, but some great racing in the rain on Sunday and a fantastic drive from Niclas in the final. I seem to be in the minority as a fan of Johan - and I thought he had done enough to close the gap in the final - but Gronholm did well to take it.

I see that Spa has been pushed back to November now in the hope that they can host a bigger crowd.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3999468)   #257
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Very interesting quotes from Baciuška.

We have agreed with our sponsors that we couldn’t waste our sponsors’ budget unnecessarily as we can’t see us getting on the podium with this car, so we’ll make a decision about our further plans after this weekend.

“There will be a lot of changes made compared to when I drove in Sweden. The shock absorbers will be replaced and a new engine will be installed. Naturally, the team will do everything they can to make the car go faster.”

Like, how wrong can you go if you go all out developing a car? Perhaps they don't have the needed know-how.
https://dirtfish.com/rallycross/worl...-be-a-mystery/
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3999474)   #258
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Like, how wrong can you go if you go all out developing a car? Perhaps they don't have the needed know-how.
https://dirtfish.com/rallycross/worl...-be-a-mystery/
So Abbring replaces Baciuška to try and address all the problems he was supposed to have fixed in the winter?
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3999484)   #259
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
So Abbring replaces Baciuška to try and address all the problems he was supposed to have fixed in the winter?
Kek, something like that. But Baciuška seems to have taken this decision himself along with sponsors. After all, I think he wants to be a front runner in WRX, like on a few occasions last year. The Clio is so far off the pace at the moment.

Abbring was present at Höljes, so he must have something to do with the team when he is not racing, aside from previous testing.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 20:10 (Ref:4002681)   #260
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portugal has been cancelled. Barcelona will host a double header instead.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:26 (Ref:4002978)   #261
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finland’s Juha Rytkonen – one of the stars of the CapitalBox World RX of Finland – will take the wheel of the Ferratum Team Ford Fiesta Supercar in the World RX of Catalunya-Barcelona (17-18 October).
Old 20 Sep 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4005203)   #262
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoying these double header weekends, I hope there will be more of them after rhis covid disruption is gone. Enjoyed seeing the close racing today and how times kept falling both days as drivers and teams learned the track and conditions. Not that fond of the track itself as there is practically nowhere to pass.

Greatly enjoyed seeing Bakkerud getting to grips with the fragile Megan and posting some er genuinely competitive times in Q2 today. Too bad Schneider seemed to turn in om him in the semi. Looked like a pretty good shunt!

Also loving Ekstrøm taking the fight to Johan, what a fight he put up in the final too. That Polo is something else. Fastest lap of the day on6used tires in the semi!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4005410)   #263
S griffin
Veteran

I think the double headers are a great idea too. They certainly do no harm to the series, so why not do it again?

Plenty of stories from the weekend. Let’s see what the rest of the season brings. Johan is not having it easy, glad he’s being given a good run for it. Good to see the Polos still going strong, always enjoy seeing that car in action
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:44 (Ref:4005468)   #264
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, a good way of extending the series while keep costs slightly lower. Although could be rough if someone ended up with irreparable damage and effectively mosses 2 rounds.

My initial thought was that Timo was st fault, but I'm moving more towards a racing incident which looked bad because of what happened. If he'd put the squeeze on like thay at Hell or Loheac or a number of other tracks it would just be seen as strong defence. Shame as it was a brilliant move by Andreas and he deserved the final

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4005542)   #265
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Bakkerud was on the inside line, not his fault Scheider went too defensively to begin with. There is no way Scheider was going to be third after the upcoming corner.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4005558)   #266
Silhuette
Racer

Did you notice how cleanly Bakkerud was driving this weekend? Avoided contact, narrow grip racing line, third fastest time in Q2 behind Kristofferson and Ekstrøm.

That's quite a contrast to the elbows out hockey style of driving he had a couple of seasons back. Goes to show the guy is smart and adapts to the car.

That electric C3 Citroën had some serious power and also seems to handle pretty well. Enjoyed watching him leave black lines on corner exits by the ton. Wonder how those rear tires looked afterwards?

Great to see the first serious non Stard car - hoping for lots of manufacturers nest season. (because they would bring more racing, investment and TV airtime)

Last edited by Silhuette; 22 Sep 2020 at 11:48.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4005578)   #267
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Did you notice how cleanly Bakkerud was driving this weekend? Avoided contact, narrow grip racing line, third fastest time in Q2 behind Kristofferson and Ekstrøm.

That's quite a contrast to the elbows out hockey style of driving he had a couple of seasons back. Goes to show the guy is smart and adapts to the car.

That electric C3 Citroën had some serious power and also seems to handle pretty well. Enjoyed watching him leave black lines on corner exits by the ton. Wonder how those rear tires looked afterwards?

Great to see the first serious non Stard car - hoping for lots of manufacturers nest season. (because they would bring more racing, investment and TV airtime)
Bakkerud is improving alright, shame he is too good for the current material.

This is still a STARD car somewhat, it's based on the R5 and I don't know what Citroen did since it's a collaboration. I'm pretty sure it has the STARD transmission though, since that was a kit that could be fitted in other cars as well.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4005585)   #268
Silhuette
Racer

Yes, it has the standard Stard drivetrain but the car itself was built by Citroën. Maybe it was mostly driver, but it looks like it handles a lot better.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4005618)   #269
S griffin
Veteran

Why not use the Stard transmission? It does the job, so Citroen can concentrate on the rest of the car, without spending too much on the transmission. It’s a good combo and it’s delivered results which is good
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4005627)   #270
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I thought both Bakkerud and Doran looked a lot tidier at Riga. Compared to previous weekends there seemed to be less mechanical failures as well. Still a way from trouble free, but an improvement, I hope it lasts.

Oh, and fingers crossed the damage to the car is fixable before the next round (I have read a comment from GCK on FB saying they should have it done).

Quote:
I wasn't sure if it was the driver or car setup (or perhaps both), but I thought the electric C3 looked far better than the Fiesta. Raymond seemed to be chucking it around like a "normal" Supercar and it looked a lot more controllable on the limit.

Bloody glad that we have Ekstrom this year. The PSRXVW Polo and EKS S1 are two of my favourites of the WRX-era and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing Johan and Mattias going head-to-head in those cars. Real shame not see Niclas closer, though he does seem to be emerging as the "best of the rest" now.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4005658)   #271
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The World RX website is showing tickets for the next two rounds at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as "Tickets Unavailable", but the Circuit Website has continued to show them on sale, though this morning they were showing 46euro for weekend tickets and now website has changed to reflect the event being a double header and showing 25euro for the weekend! But the MotoGP event scheduled for the 25th-27th at Barcelona is showing as no spectators and tickets not available? With World RX not issuing any "new story" when France or Portugal were dropped, has anyone seen any official information from IMG as to whether the Catalunya World RX Round is open to Spectators or not?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4005694)   #272
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Megane boys have to be tidier, the car isn't built well enough for rallycross! Also Bakkerud cleaned up his driving style a lot in the Audi because it wouldn't go quick if thrown around, the Focus was a much different animal.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4005849)   #273
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
BTW, I'm generally fairly impressed with the Projekt E cars, especially now we finally got to see some decent drivers in them (all due respect to the others, but Cyril and Janis are that little higher in terms of level).

I know the cars are a bit off the pace but, given how early they are in development, I think it's really the times of a few years back (pre-Polo WRC) we should be comparing them too. I still miss the noise, especially the pre-grid and off the start, but they have good potential for some exciting racing.

Was notable how pumped Raymond was too, can't wait to see what that C3 can do once they switch out the suspension for something he doesn't need to squash quite so much...although then I suppose it may not handle so well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4005862)   #274
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Raymond is a top notch driver, I'm glad he got this oppurtunity as it may lead to him getting a break and a professional career within rallycross.

This has been my main issue with WRX, the best drivers aren't necessarily in it since it just costs money. With electric cars, this may change and talented drivers may get the seat they deserve.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4005863)   #275
S griffin
Veteran

Raymond is someone who deserves a good career in RX, even if it’s not WRX

The problem is with WRX is that’s more about show, which means the big moneyed drivers or the big named drivers get in, plus the big manufacturers are in too. Not sure if going electric will make a difference, it will still attract the bigger names to it