Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2542768)   #26
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they'd cancelled the LF-A?

Although I might be getting confused with Honda's new NSX.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2542770)   #27
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice looking car but it didn't do too well at the 24 hours. Would be interesting to see it again.

[offtopic] So I guess Lola Aston Martin is up in the air again with Richards' renewed re-surgence in the F1 picture [/offtopic]
Old 17 Sep 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2542848)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
I thought they'd cancelled the LF-A?

Although I might be getting confused with Honda's new NSX.
It seems you might be.

L.P.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2575348)   #29
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Toyota's imminent announcement of withdrawal from F1, surely we will see the hybrid sportscar project get green lighted. Apparently they were sniffing around already at Okayama. A full assault on all the LMS series plus Le Mans would cost a fraction of F1, plus they already have a viable hybrid road product to tie in to the marketing...
Old 4 Nov 2009, 05:14 (Ref:2575361)   #30
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it is a plan for a prototype program and not simply the Lexus GT1 rumors. I'd at least hope for them to do both.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2575367)   #31
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80002
Old 4 Nov 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2575404)   #32
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Now confirmd Toyota are out of F1.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8341602.stm
Old 4 Nov 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2575541)   #33
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Toyota don't sell their F1 factories.
Toyota makes TMG(Toyota motorsport GmbH) the base of the motor sports activity in Europe.
We might be able to see the new sports-car of Toyota.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2575555)   #34
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
And on the 4th of September Toyota were flatly denying they would quit F1.
So why do we want this sort of operation at Le Mans?

I'd rather have something a lot smaller, with less hurt pride, and less to prove.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2575557)   #35
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to AUTOSPORT(of Japan), Toyota keeps holding their F1 factory.
Then, the employee of Köln needs their job!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2575558)   #36
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Can they enter World Rally now?
FIA Gt with that LF-A thingy.
That gives them a Le Mans entry...
Old 4 Nov 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2575579)   #37
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
The key is a hybrid.
They want to boast of their hybrid system.
And, they have already had 2011 engine(S-GT and FN engine).
Old 4 Nov 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2575598)   #38
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see anything coming from Toyota next year. The TTe operation will become an R & D facility bringing on hybrids, doing evalaution programs for WTC and domestic rally dealer efforts.

This could lead to something in a few years, but it would be great if the Dome team got some unofficial help with their car in the meantime, maybe as a platform for a TTe program in the future.

all imho.....
Old 4 Nov 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2575631)   #39
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should bring the LFA out to play in LMS racing. Heck, they have a couple hundred million to spare now
Old 4 Nov 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2575674)   #40
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I hope that Toyota will supply Dome with an engine in 2010 and in the meantime develop their own car for 2011.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2575692)   #41
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
They are looking to run in GT1, around the world with Hybrid technology.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2575751)   #42
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
They are looking to run in GT1, around the world with Hybrid technology.
Right idea, wrong category.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2575791)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No one takes the half arsed Nissan GT1 project seriously (no offence to those involved), the same would happen with a Toyota GT1.

Like their joke of an F1 program, they may go around the houses with a Toyota GT1, but ultimately they'll only be taken seriously again when they re-enter the top prototype class at Le Mans and the WRC.

Sorry to be so blunt to state the blindindly obvious, but it seems manufacturer's are making a habit of cocking things up.

While we're at it get Porsche and Jaguar (no use having new models if your sporting image has drained away) into P1, and Audi and Fiat into the WRC.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2575823)   #44
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
No one takes the half arsed Nissan GT1 project seriously (no offence to those involved), the same would happen with a Toyota GT1.
I'm unsure what evidence you have to make such statements?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2575860)   #45
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Can they enter World Rally now?
FIA Gt with that LF-A thingy.
That gives them a Le Mans entry...
Are they even welcome back in the WRC after the late 90's fiascos? A good chunk of that team is still banned.

As for LM, the company is hemmoraghing money, they just killed their F1 program. F1 is high profile, sports cars are not.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2575865)   #46
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They already came back once in WRC after the 95 Catalunya.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2575896)   #47
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With so many manufacturers pulling out of F1 and re-distributing themselves around the motorsport world, Le Mans is bound to end up with one of them.

I'm not bothered which one it is, and us sportscar fands will always clutch at straws because many of us (I say us, I wasn't around in the 80s) want the Group C days back, where we had 76347607276897 manufacturers.

But it would be good to get see a proper Japanese effort at Le Mans, and it would be even better to see them win it out right.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2575916)   #48
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefvh View Post
They already came back once in WRC after the 95 Catalunya.
Quite so. The Toyota Team Europe ban was only 12 months I believe. Sadly Ove is no longer with us, so it wouldn't be quite the same anyway.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2575923)   #49
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
With so many manufacturers pulling out of F1 and re-distributing themselves around the motorsport world, Le Mans is bound to end up with one of them.

I'm not bothered which one it is, and us sportscar fands will always clutch at straws because many of us (I say us, I wasn't around in the 80s) want the Group C days back, where we had 76347607276897 manufacturers.

But it would be good to get see a proper Japanese effort at Le Mans, and it would be even better to see them win it out right.
I don't think LM should end up with loads of manufacturers, but another two in P1 to challenge Audi and Peugeot (sorry but IMO Aston Martin will never achieve this) would make for some much better headlines, particularly with the whole 'green technology' thing that F1 has ignored for so many years.

Toyota would be wise to focus in a new direction, and LM could fit in quite nicely. They would be welcome, I'm sure, since they did produce one of the most celebrated cars of the 1990s!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2575962)   #50
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I'm unsure what evidence you have to make such statements?
My own opinion is evidence enough.

Sportscar racing isn't splashed across the mainstream press, the sport relies on enthusiasts to spread the word, if a program ticks the right boxes it will reach a wider audience through Youtube, videogames etc.

There's too many forms of entertainment out there to settle for second best.

Nissan are trying to pass off a second rate, cut and shut, 'GTR' that bears no resemblance to the real deal, while bypassing the GT competition in GT2.

Nissan have a simple choice, take on the GT2 manufacturers, or spend the big bucks in P1/GT500 (if they wished to bring that over here).

Don't insult a tech savy Gran Turismo/Forza audience, and potential future customers, with second rate machines that suit the marketing execs rather than the engineers and enthusiasts.

FIA GT1, Grand Am, IRL, A1GP etc., there's a reason why no one gives a ****, the potential audience are more clued up than those shovelling this crap.

Not that I'm a big fan personally, but the reason Drifting and tuning is gaining an audience at the expense of traditional motorsport is because of the technical freedom and 'cars the star' philosophy, in other words what motorsport used to be about.