Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2001, 20:47 (Ref:122264)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari Question For everybody

We are always talking here on this forum how good Schumacher is the last few years and that there is nobody that could beat him. But what if 1 day there maybe next year somebody unknow (maybe you) beat this guy in every race and asume he is driving also for Ferrari. What with Schumacher his standing in F1 and his contract ?
Old 26 Jul 2001, 22:25 (Ref:122298)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His standing in F1 would be the same : The most successful driver result wise among the current flock, and one of the best driver ever. The new bloke (i always thought i could give him a run for his money!) if he could consistently beat Schumacher (taking into account Michael is not in a state of decline or low) squarely, he certainly would have to be a very good driver indeed. Maybe then he would be ranked better than MS, and is on the path to all-time greatness.

As for in Ferrari, if MS is consistently beaten, do you seriously think Ferrari would purposely jeopadise their WDC and WCC by sabotaging the 2nd driver? No. if anybody can consistently beat MS and provide the team with excellent feedback, he'd be Ferrari no.1. Simple as that

Old 27 Jul 2001, 05:45 (Ref:122427)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ditto that...
Old 27 Jul 2001, 06:24 (Ref:122439)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Before Liz gets here.

Do you seriously believe that MS would allow Ferrari to let drivers beat him? We seem to have forgotten his well publicised contractual requirements.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 07:14 (Ref:122445)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Peter...Michael does not drive the car for them..If they have the speed, then let them go out and do their thing! Put up or shut up I say....Not you Peter,the other drivers..
Old 27 Jul 2001, 07:17 (Ref:122446)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. I'll shut up then.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 07:49 (Ref:122453)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No really, I shall not write another word about this topic. Not a single syllable shall shall I write about the fact that MS wouldn't allow the team to let another driver overtake him. No siree, you won't get me to comment on that again. Not at all.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:04 (Ref:122457)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The records speak for themselves, unfortunately

He has been a very successful driver and it's in the books, so provided he isn't written out of them by God ( or Bernie), there they will stay.

As for TGF as a number 2 in Ferrari, not on your nellie( no offence intended to horses). It will never happen.Michael has shown in the past what he will do when he's desperate
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:08 (Ref:122459)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Good race Official you.. I am sure you understand what I am saying..I mean a young gun comes along that blows Schumacher away, and Ferrari sit back and tell him "do not,we repeat DO NOT drive faster than our #1,never out Qualify him and do not win races while he is here" I don't think so...Sounds to airy fairy to me. I can not believe that Michael Schumacher has such little beleif in himself that his teams mates are told never to out drive him..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 27 Jul 2001 at 08:11.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:10 (Ref:122460)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope. Sorry I won't be writing anything along the lines that I agree with what you said Alan. Not a word will I write about that no sir!
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:15 (Ref:122464)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones

Michael has shown in the past what he will do when he's desperate
Which is what Alan???? Please for once and for all explain to me..I just started watching F1 from The British Grand Prix..Go ahead please
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:21 (Ref:122468)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

Jeremy, I was talking about TGF, not Ferrari.
TGF will do his own thing, regardless of who he is driving for. It's not like anyone is going to sack him, like Heinz 57 varieties( no offence intended to HHF Fans!)
Imagine this:
Pits - '

"Michael, Alonso is coming up on you, move over good chap"
" Michael?"
" Miiichealllll?"

the brother's Shu often have trouble hearing advice over the radio mid race.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:24 (Ref:122469)   #13
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound

Which is what Alan???? Please for once and for all explain to me..I just started watching F1 from The British Grand Prix..Go ahead please
Is Valve over at your place Jeremy?
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:30 (Ref:122472)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
It spirit yes Alan... I see what you are saying...So he is a wild card then Michael that is.. He is a fine chap our valve

Last edited by JeremySmith; 27 Jul 2001 at 08:31.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:34 (Ref:122475)   #15
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Irvine and Barichello have out-qualified him.
He is usually on pole because he is fast, not politics.
Why do you think Ferrari pays him so much? They aren't stupid. They want to win.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:39 (Ref:122477)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Both Irvine and Barichello have out-qualified him.
Yes but that is when they put a VW engine in Michael's car...Just kidding!
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:43 (Ref:122479)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No really I'm not going to agree with you BD because I'm not commenting on this topic.

However if I was to comment I might say something like. Yes MS is the best hope for Ferrari and they would not back anyone else even if they did out qualify him regularly. But we know that he doesn't get outqualified regularly so it doesn't matter and I'm not responding to this topic anyway.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:51 (Ref:122480)   #18
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
TGF doesnt regularly get outqualified by anybody. Could this all be politics?
As much as he is hated, he is still the best at present.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 08:54 (Ref:122482)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Well maybe he will get him bottom kicked in Hockeheim,by Ruben's....Ummmm silly idea,never mind

I am looking forward to this race very much..

Best regards to all of you...Jeremy

Last edited by JeremySmith; 27 Jul 2001 at 08:56.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 09:07 (Ref:122486)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Peter,
TGF doesnt regularly get outqualified by anybody. Could this all be politics?

I know. I would have said that if I was responding to this topic. But as I'm not I won't.

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
As much as he is hated, he is still the best at present.
I would have said something like. He's not hated by me, but I do dislike him. He is the best at the mo' which is a sad indictement don't you think? But I won't say that because I'm not responding to this topic.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 09:50 (Ref:122494)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Schumacher Senior's real talents lie in the pit lane and outside the race tarck. He has built some very good consistent results into "the next big thing" and then fashioned his public personna into this all conquering, super talented driver who will be the chosen one to lead the Ferrari Faithful out of the wilderness after 20+ long and lean years.

The result, 50 race wins and the total support of the team with the most money in the business.

In this he is so much smarter than the rest. The only one to equal his political nouce being (in my view) Mika at McLaren.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 11:07 (Ref:122531)   #22
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
As for TGF as a number 2 in Ferrari, not on your nellie( no offence intended to horses). It will never happen.Michael has shown in the past what he will do when he's desperate
Yeah, didn't he show that in Malaysia, I think in '99 it was....

What did his team mate Irvine say, something like, "Schumacher is not just the best no. 1 but also the best no. 2."

If ferrari would employ someone consistenly faster than Schumi (and if there was someone they would), he would quit or go to a team where he is the fastest.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 11:11 (Ref:122534)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Put bluntly, Michael is just another ( more vital, though) employee of the Ferrari co-operation which is part of FIAT. You think that the company would let Michael stay around if Michael cannot prove his worth? Ferrari might be in F1 for a long time, but it is still a business. If a faster and cheaper driver who can outperform Michael, Ferrari would snap him up.

At the end of the day, Ferrari has an edge on Michael...not the other way around. So it would be quite illogical to think that Ferrari would in anyway compromise their championship chances just to please Michael.

Last edited by Gt_R; 27 Jul 2001 at 11:12.
Old 27 Jul 2001, 15:44 (Ref:122641)   #24
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
Alan, why are you dodging this question?
Old 27 Jul 2001, 19:16 (Ref:122702)   #25
Alan Jones
Veteran

Don, my good man,look at previous post, no one has dodged any quaestion, the answer is there for all who can see