Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2001, 10:38 (Ref:124660)   #26
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The article played out as one would expect. Sort of like me doing a review of Ralfie - there ain't gunna be any suprises here.

I think it was a bit heavy on the morality play regarding the trading in of the respective women. If we go there then all the cast should be put under the same scrutiny. On second thought why go there at all? Sorry Liz, I think it spoils a otherwise interesting article

Concerning his results. Many others have had worse first seasons in F1. Some have even had worse second seasons. Good to see Jenson in the points.

I have no idea if he is the next best thing. I do think he is not a bad thing though.

Nothing like a bit of spirited discussion.

Nearly forgot. Good to see your turning Mac, but into what??
Old 1 Aug 2001, 10:40 (Ref:124661)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile in my news from British Racing Green this morning, there is this:

'Jenson Is Hanging On By His Fingernails'

Mark Webber has revealed that his close friend and team-mate, Jenson Button, is struggling to keep his race seat in the Renault-powered team.

"He is hanging on by his fingernails and has had a hard time blending in at Benetton," Webber told News.com.au. "Jenson will come out of it okay, he's a good driver but in his second season the pressure is on."

Webber has a solid racing background including Formula Ford, F3000 Formula 1 testing. Button, meanwhile, made the unusual leap from Formula 3 to Formula 1, without spending time as either a test driver or racing in F3000, the supposed training ground for the pinnacle of motorsport.

The Australian believes that his strength is in his experience, and this is perhaps a reason why Jenson is now faltering.

"Formula 3 to Formula 1 has been a clear step but it is yet to actually work," Webber said. "When you get to Formula 1 you don't want to have your first hard season in your first year because you'll be out.

"Sometimes the team bosses are a bit like sheep - when somebody does something everyone does it - but experience is still an important factor which is in my favour."
Old 1 Aug 2001, 12:25 (Ref:124717)   #28
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still early to decide on Button's talent. But I'm not very impressed so far. Frank let him go to replace him with a rookie that never drove a F1 car, and may I say Frank did a great move.
Maybe Frank seen something in Button he didnt like. Frank still owns Button but am sure he will let him go to any team he wants, or if any team whats him for that matter.

I myself would choose Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso and many others in CART and F3000 before I would choose Button.

Button made a comment in a F1 magazine this is what he said
"the only thing wrong with what Schumi did in Jerez 1997, was that it didn't work"
After he said that I knew what kind of driver he was, one that will be looking for drive often during his SHORT F1 career..

Maybe Button will prove me wrong, but I doubt it..
Old 1 Aug 2001, 13:04 (Ref:124733)   #29
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
(Cue smartarse comment from Wrex, Moff, EERO, Peter or Jones)
I hope these names was'nt listed in any specific order
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Nearly forgot. Good to see your turning Mac, but into what??
Great minds think alike. I had an answer in mind but ...........
Old 1 Aug 2001, 13:18 (Ref:124737)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answer to AMoffat's post re Bunsen's morality: Skip if you find this irrelevant:

If I knew about any of the others trading in their long-time partner for fool's gold, I'd have mentioned them too. As one who is at the age when this is happening to all her friends, I tend to take a dimmer view of this kind of behaviour than the men who are perputrating it do.

Sorry if you think that's an antedeluvian point of view, but you better believe MY boys don't think so. Or at least they know better than to try it on me.

Anyway, I hope she's got a good lawyer and that Jensen Jr. will get the kind of child support he or she richly deserves. You play the game, you follow the rules.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 14:00 (Ref:124752)   #31
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Liz would like to know that Rico is renowned for handing his number out to anything in a skirt??? Jenson is nothing compared to Mr. Zonta...
Old 1 Aug 2001, 14:03 (Ref:124754)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bugger! that's been where i've gone wrong. no more trousers at race circuits for me then...
Old 1 Aug 2001, 14:07 (Ref:124757)   #33
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, *actually* love, I've heard something else about Rico too...

Old 1 Aug 2001, 14:09 (Ref:124758)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, yes....
*and with that, the thread goes tumbling into the gutter....*
Old 1 Aug 2001, 15:19 (Ref:124781)   #35
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - I just happen to largely disagreewith yours and I found the article selective in its use of material and comparisons.

However - it all adds to the fun
Old 1 Aug 2001, 15:47 (Ref:124789)   #36
Liz
Veteran

I have nothing to say about Rico's behaviour as outlined above, as I have not seen anything about this in the press or heard it anywhere else. Jensen's behaviour, however, is documented and filed by every newspaper and magazine in Britain. Or so it would seem.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 15:51 (Ref:124793)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
true.
it appears they're both very naughty boys, it's just the media isn't interested in a brazilian. you go ricardo. enjoy it while you can, that's what i say. just don't use your spends to buy a boat...
Old 1 Aug 2001, 16:47 (Ref:124806)   #38
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Posted by GanjaGrizz
Button made a comment in a F1 magazine this is what he said
"the only thing wrong with what Schumi did in Jerez 1997, was that it didn't work"
Ahh, he's come to the dark side.

Last edited by drexel; 1 Aug 2001 at 16:48.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 18:47 (Ref:124843)   #39
Liz
Veteran

Do the, um, exploits of Brazilian pilots get the same play in Brazil? Just wondering.

As for Bunsen aping the worst aspects of TGF, that is fine if you can pull it off. But little boys shouldn't try what the big boys can do; it's likely to get them killed.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 21:12 (Ref:124928)   #40
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Jensen's behaviour, however, is documented and filed by every newspaper and magazine in Britain. Or so it would seem.
Liz,

The tabloid British press aren't really known for being reliable sources.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 22:20 (Ref:124958)   #41
Liz
Veteran

I'll ask Bunsen for his side when I see him, then.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 22:22 (Ref:124960)   #42
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
I think I'm turning.

(Cue smartarse comment from Wrex, Moff, EERO, Peter or Jones)

Jenson is improving. He was / is a pawn in my "Webber in F1" campaign. However, now he is performing a bit better (re: closer to his teammate), I'm starting to warm to him. It'll be interesting to see comparative times next time Jenson and Mark test together.
My hands are shaking mac as I try to leave the above alone

As for the article, I thought it was a quite entertaining read. Leaving the pregnant girlfriend must have driven his PR man into a frenzy of denial etc etc . His performance this year is a shame as he did look quite promising last year. He still has alot of time on his side agewise so we might not have seen the last of him yet.
I'd be alot happier if he was replaced by Webber though
Old 2 Aug 2001, 15:47 (Ref:125263)   #43
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, I think you can use this one for your next article...

Old 2 Aug 2001, 16:13 (Ref:125270)   #44
Liz
Veteran

I think that one would do for another caption contest.

How about "Jensen! Stop that! People will talk!"
Old 2 Aug 2001, 16:27 (Ref:125272)   #45
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
There you go again...
Old 2 Aug 2001, 16:50 (Ref:125277)   #46
Liz
Veteran

Is that what Jensen's saying or what Fisi's saying?
Old 2 Aug 2001, 17:27 (Ref:125291)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems like that :

Fisi : "You forgot something in your pocket..."

Button : "Ooops, Fisi... wait one more minute or everybody will notice my..."
Old 2 Aug 2001, 17:59 (Ref:125301)   #48
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Is this the best "Kodak Moment" so far or what ?
Old 2 Aug 2001, 18:32 (Ref:125310)   #49
Liz
Veteran

"Wait a minute! You're not Fisi!"
Old 2 Aug 2001, 18:54 (Ref:125315)   #50
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
No, I'm not..., I'm Jenson !, and I just wanted to know if you would like to make me look good with another "polite" article..., do that for me, and you're invited to fly with me to the Bahamas on November. It's up to you, babe...