Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3995555)   #26
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Would be nice to have a link to watch if anyone has help?
Try :
https://www.lequipe.fr/lachainelequi...vqdKXtrkAg2KEX

Does it work ?
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3995556)   #27
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rebellion seems to lack pace both in wet and in dry.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3995563)   #28
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’ve no issue with the SC coming out when it did because conditions were awful but now the suns out, rains stopped and there’s no standing water. Why even bother with the costs of wet tyres?
Old 15 Aug 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3995567)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't understand the safety car call either.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 17:50 (Ref:3995592)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i enjoyed seeing the cars out again but to be honest not a classic race by any means, let us hope things get better at le mans
Old 15 Aug 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3995611)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not the best race but enjoyable. Hopefully Le Mans has better competition up front though.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3995620)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if no one else pulls out there will be 2 more top class cars but not sure the toyota's will be easy to beat.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3995701)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toyota once again saving the big attack for the race, let’s see what LM brings
Old 16 Aug 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3995709)   #34
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting race ...... other than LMP1.
Enjoyed the other three classes with some good battles for most of the race.

But what is the ACO/WEC doing allowing Eurosport anywhere near anything other than Le Mans? There has to be other, better, options.
So the race is obviously going to be under SC at the start, so what do Eurosport do? Go to adverts and miss the green flag! You couldn't make it up!
And if you going to cover it, at least invest in some proper commentators who have some idea of what is going on! Tom Gaymor is a complete joke, no idea who is driving what car, very little clue of procedures and rules and the most annoying voice on TV! Makes John Watson look the best!
Eurosport - if you are going to commit to doing something, at least make an effort and try to do it properly!
BT Sport had the last 4 Hours and at least they used the official comms team with Alan McNish, who is turning into an excellent commentator and at least knows exactly what he is talking about!
Old 16 Aug 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3995714)   #35
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
So the race is obviously going to be under SC at the start, so what do Eurosport do? Go to adverts and miss the green flag! You couldn't make it up!
Let's just say the TV director from Eurosport wasn't happy with that one either ;-)
Old 17 Aug 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3996062)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
I like McNish's commentary because his experience he gives good technical insight, especially in lmp. Very good addition imo.

Rebellion was baffled by the lack of pace. They are unsure why the tires didn't switch on. Too bad, I thought the race was theres to lose. Bykolles even had better wet pace. But they suffered a broken exhaust. What could have been...
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3996073)   #37
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Bah. In normal circumstances, I would have been there.

Instead, I couldn't even see the race as it is not broadcasted anywhere, there is no stream on the site nor on youtube and I'm limited to the 3 minute 38 second "Full Race Highlights"
Thank you very much FIA WEC!

This is one area where they could learn much from SRO.

--

Or that could mean they (FIA/WEC) concluded the race was boring enough that EVERYTHING that was worth mentioning could be told in 158 seconds.
Can't comment on that as I obviously have no clue what happened in the other 21442 seconds.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3996076)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched using the WEC app. Quality was top notch.

Looks like it was also on Eurosport too - and I've just had a quick look and it seems good quality too and one of the streams had no commentary! Wow!
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3996080)   #39
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Looks like it was also on Eurosport too
Not the whole race, of course ...

Quote:
I watched using the WEC app. Quality was top notch.
Paywalled, or free ?
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3996081)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes it was on eurosport first hour or so and last hour and a bit
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3996082)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Not the whole race, of course ...
One feed was the whole race (see screen shot below). Another was as GT6 says.

Quote:
Paywalled, or free ?
Eurosport is £6.99 for a month, or £39.99 for the year. I guess it will be similar for other parts of Europe.
The Spa race was £4.99 on the WEC app, can't remember what the season cost was.
Attached Thumbnails
Annotation 2020-08-17 223919.png  
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3996083)   #42
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole race was also on the Eurosport Player live. No comentary while the main channel was at the snooker (or whatever they were showing), but I had the Radio Le Mans commentary running alongside.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:55 (Ref:3996084)   #43
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
One feed was the whole race (see screen shot below). Another was as GT6 says.
I didn't have the feed that had the full race. There was snooker or football or something in between.

Quote:
Eurosport is £6.99 for a month, or £39.99 for the year. I guess it will be similar for other parts of Europe.
The Spa race was £4.99 on the WEC app, can't remember what the season cost was.
Hmm, I never got that app working on my PC a few years ago and gave up on it since. No idea if it is any better now.

5GBP isn't a fortune, but still it is paywalled and you just have to hope it will work...
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3996490)   #44
zipper
Rookie

zipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Hmm, I never got that app working on my PC a few years ago and gave up on it since. No idea if it is any better now.

5GBP isn't a fortune, but still it is paywalled and you just have to hope it will work...
I bought it a couple of years ago while on holiday and had a nightmare. Had a brand new Samsung but got nowhere and never got a refund. Ended up going to the pub to watch instead. At least I got a few pints in

I liked the Gulf Racing Spa writeup. I didn't even know they had a website till a mate told me. Not sure I fancy the gold and black, give me the old colours any day!
Old 26 Aug 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3998060)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think those colours are actually very stylish, personally.... Whilst iconic, the Gulf colours have been done to death....
Old 26 Aug 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3998088)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think those colours are actually very stylish, personally.... Whilst iconic, the Gulf colours have been done to death....
Exactly what he says at the end, it WAS iconic but has been massively over done of late. Variation of it would be ok but honestly it needs a break big time. Find a new livery.
Old 26 Aug 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3998092)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gulf should be like, some sort of reserved livery now. You don't do it without exceptional circumstances.
Old 26 Aug 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3998118)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Agreed. On a related note. Steve McQueen is less king of cool now as others have overdone it.

We need no one to mention of paint their cars gulf for a couple of decades and then we will be back on track.
Old 26 Aug 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3998135)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure about the comment on Steve Mcqueen, the younger generation always seem to not just know who he was but still like his irreverent style, todays stars have to be totally politically correct so can't compete.
Old 27 Aug 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3998312)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Unless he's talking about the director Steve McQueen