Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 May 2002, 19:24 (Ref:296850)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's over! Now back to real racing...

After napping through much of the Indy 500 (seriously), I woke up just in time to see Paul Tracy almost win. They didn't show what happened on the last lap, but he feels he's been robbed of the victory and will protest. I don't think he'll get anywhere, but whatever...

What I'm more happy about is, it's over! No more of this stupid month long pratice sessions and multiple qualifying sessions or days with names. No more hour long pre-race ceremonies that make all non-Americans gag. Back to a 3 day race weekend, with one qualifying session and back to races that don't startat 11AM.

I honestly wouldn't have any problem with this race coming back to the Cart schedule if they could use the normal 3 day weekend procedure, like Cart will use next week at Milwuakee, but this month long thing is a joke. They could have 3 other events during that time.

Anyway, I'm just glad it's over and will look forward to Milwaukee.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 May 2002, 20:27 (Ref:296914)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indeed, now enough of the IRL. CART, CART, and CART.
Old 27 May 2002, 02:14 (Ref:297081)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto, although I think Paul Tracy will get the win. The sweetest part besides being a good deal for Canada and Champ Cars, would be the sour looks on the faces of the team formerly known as Penske and now known as The Deserters.

Back to real racing! Incidentally, our local ignoramus racing correspondent has pointed out that The Tony George Show had 14 drivers out of 33 who did not have American birth certificates and cautioned TG that he'd better take note of it. Personally I find this pretty sad.

However, ON TO MILWAUKEE!
Old 27 May 2002, 02:19 (Ref:297083)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update: He didn't yet. There's still time to protest though.
Old 27 May 2002, 02:42 (Ref:297093)   #5
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won't win, and the protest will no go anywhere. The IRL is not about to hand one back over to CART, and the video evidence supports Castroneves' win.
Old 27 May 2002, 02:48 (Ref:297094)   #6
Glen Hartigan
Rookie

Glen Hartigan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you sevengrain as far as he wont win and the protest will not go anywhere,but the evidence ive seen shows tracy the clear winner.I havent seen anything that supports helio as the winner.

Last edited by Glen Hartigan; 27 May 2002 at 02:49.
Old 27 May 2002, 06:39 (Ref:297167)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully with a refocus back onto the CART championship all these rumours about a CART collapse will disappear.
Old 27 May 2002, 10:38 (Ref:297303)   #8
Liz
Veteran

If the protest is drawn out, it will strengthen the idea that TG is trying any trick to destroy CART which will help make us stronger. But what a travesty!
Old 27 May 2002, 19:11 (Ref:297803)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we have a 0.0000000000000001 % possibility of winning Paul's protest. But who the hell cares? Helio was just plain lucky, CART was going to win, and we lost Junqueira and Kanaan, potential winners
Old 27 May 2002, 21:39 (Ref:297980)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and we all know Helio would still be a Cart driver if he had the choice. I think if he doesn't make it to F1 he may be a Cart driver again as soon as his contract with Penske ends.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 May 2002, 21:41 (Ref:297983)   #11
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helio recently re-upped with Penske as did deFerran. It suprised me too... Helio's contract supposedly has an "F-1 out" clause in case he gets an F-1 ride. DeFerran feels that he's too old to pursue F-1.