Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1840463)   #26
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be 2
Old 13 Feb 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1840546)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I take it , you mean 2 by 1 works and 1 Speedy entry . But it also might be 3 !!!

Spyker on the Le Mans reserve list maybe , i hope !!!

Will Spyker be running the Speedy car or have Speedy set up their own team .

Im happy to see another Spyker out there , lovely little car and lovely colors too . Just need a couple in the ALMS now .
Old 13 Feb 2007, 19:46 (Ref:1840651)   #28
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I take it , you mean 2 by 1 works and 1 Speedy entry . But it also might be 3 !!!

Will Spyker be running the Speedy car or have Speedy set up their own team .

Im happy to see another Spyker out there , lovely little car and lovely colors too . Just need a couple in the ALMS now .
Both cars will be run/supported by the factory. They will jointly test the GT2R at Valencia as per tomorrow.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1840807)   #29
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The coloursceme of this Speedy Spyker is very nice! I hope they don't spoil it with to much big sponsor "stickers".
I really hope they get to enter three C8's. The more forces Spyker can muster,the bigger their chances for a class win!

That'd be SOOOO wicked!....would be very bad for my personal health too,come to think of it...
Old 13 Feb 2007, 23:29 (Ref:1840823)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... 3 Spykers would be cool !
Old 14 Feb 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1841062)   #31
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
That depends on the ACO .....
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:30 (Ref:1842336)   #32
Stephan2738
Racer

Stephan2738 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have some news from the test of Spyker and Speedy Garage in Spain yet?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1842473)   #33
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan2738
Does anybody have some news from the test of Spyker and Speedy Garage in Spain yet?
No more than that the track was lacking grip...
Old 16 Feb 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1843156)   #34
Stephan2738
Racer

Quote:
Today i saw an article on the internet (racexpress.nl) on the Spyker Valencia test. The team tested for one and a half day with...
...Peter Kox. Peter Kox states in the article that he offered to test for the team himself. The circomstances on the Circuito de la Comunidad Valenciana Ricardo Tormo were pretty good and the team made some good progress. Peter tested different set-ups ass well as a new wheel geometry and some new aerodynamics. I saw pictures of the testcar (chassis 046) and there is a roof air-intake to be seen on it! (not sure if i'm allowed to post pictures, so i won't but be sure to check the above mentioned website and see for your self!). Peter Kox states that Spyker made a lot of progress since he last drove the car (Dubai 2006, at the end of the season). He is very positive that the team is fully committed to make it better every time!

Good news i guess, can't wait till Sebring!
Curious who the drivers will be though!!
Old 17 Feb 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1843774)   #35
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Nice 'nd slippery bodywork.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1845532)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Today i saw an article on the internet (racexpress.nl) on the Spyker Valencia test.
http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?nav=Artikel&nid=5980
Old 19 Feb 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1845540)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

Still no news on drivers apart from Jarek Janis ?
Old 21 Feb 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1847082)   #38
Stephan2738
Racer

Quote:
Still no news on drivers apart from Jarek Janis ?
Nope, nothing confirmed yet!

But given the fact that Peter Kox tested in Valencia for them could be an indication that he might drive for them in 2007. He will definitely drive the All-Inkl.com Lamborghini in FIA-GT. But can still do Sebring, Le Mans and all the LMS races except for Valencia (clash with FIA-GT) for Spyker.

Mike Hezemans also does FIA GT (for GLPK) and could again drive for Spyker in 2007 (except for Valencia).

Jarek Janis confirmed but he also does FIA-GT, and thus will miss Valencia.

Don't know what plans Johhny Kane and Peter Dumbreck have for 2007?

Checked the entry list for Sebring and there is only one Spyker Spyder GT2-R on it! Drivers to be announced.
My guess: Peter Kox, Jeroen Bleekemolen and Jarek Janis

We'll see!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 09:42 (Ref:1847111)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

I dunno ..... i reckon there might be at one of the Speedy Spyker drivers in the car for Sebring .
Old 21 Feb 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1847437)   #40
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

But given the fact that Peter Kox tested in Valencia for them could be an indication that he might drive for them in 2007. He will definitely drive the All-Inkl.com Lamborghini in FIA-GT. But can still do Sebring, Le Mans and all the LMS races except for Valencia (clash with FIA-GT) for Spyker.

Mike Hezemans also does FIA GT (for GLPK) and could again drive for Spyker in 2007 (except for Valencia).

Checked the entry list for Sebring and there is only one Spyker Spyder GT2-R on it! Drivers to be announced.

We'll see!
The conflict in schedule between Silverstone and Valencia does not exclude drivers from either race! This was discussed in the FIA Rumors & Speculation thread starting at about post #127
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=127

L.P.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1847450)   #41
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We'll see!
Janis will only race at four FIA-GT events, so there would be no problem for him with Spyker.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2065287)   #42
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One podium and a 4th place finish

(or were there more 4th place finishes?)

http://www.spykersquadron.com/?pag=71&newsid=526

will Speedy Garage continue in 2008?

http://www.speedygarage.ch/

in brazil

http://motorsport.com/photos/lms/200...nt-ef-0247.jpg
Old 12 Nov 2007, 16:13 (Ref:2065695)   #43
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
I read an interview with Spyker´s current interim CEO Hans Hugenholtz,himself a Le Mansveteran,in which he is adament about Spyker returning to the big race in 2008.
It would be a shame to see the GT2´s dissapear ´cause of a very dumb F1 effort.

Thanks Victor Muller....

Last edited by GTfour; 12 Nov 2007 at 16:15.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 16:48 (Ref:2065720)   #44
Stephan2738
Racer

I heard they might do ALMS in 2008 if they can find the right sponsoring. They also try to find customerteams for this series, just like Speedy in the European Le Mans Series. They proved they can provide a customerteam with an as good and as fast car as their own worksteam car.

I heard nothing about European Le Mans Series or Le Mans.

If the worksteam quit than i guess Speedy has to quit as well, because there will be no further development on the cars i'm afraid!

I hope they will find a good partner in ALMS or maybe FIA-GT and that Speedy will return in LMES for 2008.

I think that if they apply for Le Mans they deserve a place for 2008, but that's just a personal thought!
Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2065741)   #45
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.spykercars.com/download/i..._Cars_N.V..pdf

Quote:
Spyker GT2

Participation in professional motor sport events remains important for the Spyker brand, because of the direct impact it has on its road cars being accepted as high performance sports cars. Therefore the factory GT2 race activities continue, under the condition that the GT2 team will show a cash neutral result. To realize this Spyker is now in the process of actively approaching potential sponsor partners interested in its renewed sponsor proposition. For 2008 Spyker GT2 is investigating a possible full entry into the American LMS (“ALMS”) championship provided adequate sponsoring is secured. Moreover Spyker Cars N.V. is discussing interest shown by a number of teams currently participating in the ALMS to race with Spyker GT2 cars for the coming season.

Spyker participated with its GT2R in the endurance races 1000 km of Nürburgring (Germany LMS) on 1 July, 1000 km of Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium LMS) on 19 August and the 1000 km of Silverstone (United Kingdom LMS) on 16 September. In Silverstone the Spyker GT2 team was rewarded for its efforts throughout the entire racing season, achieving 3rd (Spyker factory team) and 4th (privateer Speedy Racing Team) places.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Nov 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2066050)   #46
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
I heard they might do ALMS in 2008 if they can find the right sponsoring. They also try to find customerteams for this series, just like Speedy in the European Le Mans Series. They proved they can provide a customerteam with an as good and as fast car as their own worksteam car.

I heard nothing about European Le Mans Series or Le Mans.

If the worksteam quit than i guess Speedy has to quit as well, because there will be no further development on the cars i'm afraid!

I hope they will find a good partner in ALMS or maybe FIA-GT and that Speedy will return in LMES for 2008.

I think that if they apply for Le Mans they deserve a place for 2008, but that's just a personal thought!
If Spyker races in 2008 it will be LMS and Le Mans, the ALMS was a deal with a local team that is unfinished at the moment...
Old 13 Nov 2007, 19:33 (Ref:2066765)   #47
Stephan2738
Racer

on www.spykersquadron.com/?gclid=CMSf2Nub14UCFRUYQgodCGsagg :

Upcoming event: Official LMS test day Paul Ricard

So that would indicate they will be present in at least the 2008 LMES season, but probably also Le Mans 2008!

I hope they can improve the speed of the car and keep at the same time the reliability they showed in the last couple of races!!

Good Luck Spykerboys!!!
Old 14 Nov 2007, 07:29 (Ref:2067099)   #48
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
They will have a tough job because Ferrari and Porsche will have new evolutions of their cars for 2008.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 09:58 (Ref:2067158)   #49
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Spyker was working on a new car too (?)
Old 14 Nov 2007, 16:04 (Ref:2067397)   #50
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
I think we may be lucky allready if we see the Spyker crew competing next year. The financiall blow the factory has to deal with after the F1 debacle,will mean that only a few modifications will be made to the GT2 car.

However,it warms the hart to hear that Peter Kox is selflessly putting in the hours to help improving the cars.