Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Jul 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4169870)   #2651
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So which teams do we expect to return after the summer break in the 2023 BTCC Season with an all-new EV based model?
i think sarcasm might be lost on some
Old 25 Jul 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4169895)   #2652
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
i think sarcasm might be lost on some

I read that posting as being sarcasm because this is the 2023 thread, so I am certain that crm hadn't misunderstood the various other posts about the pros and cons of an electric vehicle. Of course no team will be entering an EV this or any other season in the near future.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4169927)   #2653
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did see Bobby Thompson wandering around up at Knockhill, didn't want to broach the Team HARD subject, but it seems he knew for quite a while what was coming.
Spoke to the driver coach of the lad who' replacing him - reckons he's faster than the test suggested, but will need to get his elbows out early to stop any intimidation.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4170018)   #2654
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With F4 confirming a new deal today, that means MINI/Porsche/British F4 all confirmed as the basis of the package until the end of 2026.

Interesting to see if we continue to have guest series or a 'new' support category is confirmed from 2024.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4170022)   #2655
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
With F4 confirming a new deal today, that means MINI/Porsche/British F4 all confirmed as the basis of the package until the end of 2026.

Interesting to see if we continue to have guest series or a 'new' support category is confirmed from 2024.
I reckon Legends will be back with so much positive feedback, although not sure they could to stretch it to cover many more rounds whilst keeping the entry fee in line.

Still don’t see this new junior formula happening.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4170033)   #2656
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I reckon Legends will be back with so much positive feedback, although not sure they could to stretch it to cover many more rounds whilst keeping the entry fee in line.

Still don’t see this new junior formula happening.
I think it will be a similar arrangement to this year.

F4 is provisionally confirmed for all 10 rounds. The MINI arrangement probably won't change either with JCW x7 and Trophy x3.

What happens for next year (in terms of guest series) will probably be dictated by the Porsche calendar. At present we have Carrera Cup GB at 8 rounds and Sprint Challenge at 6 rounds. They only race together 4 times (this year at Don Nat, Don GP, Sil Nat, Brands GP).

Depending on how many rounds both Porsche series go to (and where those rounds are) will determine how many guest series are needed

As for the junior series - if there is going to be one - I'd imagine an announcement would have to come in the next couple of rounds.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 07:05 (Ref:4170884)   #2657
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After 18 rounds - how do the relative performances of each chassis compare?

The Honda is marginally better than the Vauxhall at the back of the field.
Toyota has closed the gap to Hyundai.
Ford has closed the gap to BMW.

The BMW is still the strongest performing chassis in this comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Average Finish.png  
Old 2 Aug 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4171087)   #2658
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Small nit (and definitely not singling out any specific individual here): each BTCC race is a "round", and each weekend is a "meeting". I get very confused, because I'm a bear of very little brain, when I see the word rounds used to describe both races and meetings alongside each other

It's not helped by other high-profile series using the term interchangeably in their own PR, either!
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:21 (Ref:4171153)   #2659
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or even on the TSL website, where if you navigate to the BTCC index, we have Rounds 1-10, but then go and find a results sheet, and we have the 'Round 18' race result!
Old 3 Aug 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4171157)   #2660
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do enjoy the TSL website. Obviously it's very debatable whether a meeting or a race is a round. Personally I think the race is the round
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4171930)   #2661
SSmith
Veteran

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...pra-/10505983/

Rob Huff announced as Nicolas Hamilton's replacement for Knockhill. Hamilton has left the team. Huff confirmed only for Knockhill right now due to clashing WTCR commitments (San Luis, Argentina round clashes with Donington GP)
Old 9 Aug 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4172013)   #2662
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...pra-/10505983/

Rob Huff announced as Nicolas Hamilton's replacement for Knockhill. Hamilton has left the team. Huff confirmed only for Knockhill right now due to clashing WTCR commitments (San Luis, Argentina round clashes with Donington GP)
covered in the knockhill thread
Old 9 Aug 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4172021)   #2663
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
covered in the knockhill thread
I know. I was the one who kick-started the discussion on this topic in the other thread this morning...
Old 10 Aug 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4172056)   #2664
coffinpilot
Racer

What chance TCR UK being on the support. A few people at Croft were saying the bloke who runs TCR for Stewart Lines spent a fair bit of time (in his TCR gear) at a table with Alan Gow. Or is Gow looking beyond the NGTC regs (only joking, but the thread does say rumours.)

But you do wonder what conversation they'd have been having, with TCR and BTCC grids shrinking, a split class series? A massive NGTC/TCR endurance race (actually, I'd pay good money to see that on the Silverstone GP layout!!)
Old 10 Aug 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4172063)   #2665
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
What chance TCR UK being on the support. A few people at Croft were saying the bloke who runs TCR for Stewart Lines spent a fair bit of time (in his TCR gear) at a table with Alan Gow. Or is Gow looking beyond the NGTC regs (only joking, but the thread does say rumours.)

But you do wonder what conversation they'd have been having, with TCR and BTCC grids shrinking, a split class series? A massive NGTC/TCR endurance race (actually, I'd pay good money to see that on the Silverstone GP layout!!)
Zero at the mo, as Mr Lines has signed a contract with BRSCC to be run by them.

TOCA is with BARC which is a totally separate club.

In the UK the big players are 750MC, BARC, BRSCC and MSV-R

They are the ones who rent the circuits... then sell on the track time to each series running under their umbrella
Old 10 Aug 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4172070)   #2666
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Zero at the mo, as Mr Lines has signed a contract with BRSCC to be run by them.

TOCA is with BARC which is a totally separate club.

In the UK the big players are 750MC, BARC, BRSCC and MSV-R

They are the ones who rent the circuits... then sell on the track time to each series running under their umbrella
Just stoking some rumours with the TCR guy. But if you remember, British F4 was a BRSCC series up until the end of 2021 - and that worked on the TOCA/BARC bill, in the same way the the BARC administered Ginetta championships have now flipped to the BRSCC run British GT package....
Old 10 Aug 2023, 12:11 (Ref:4172071)   #2667
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Probably talking about Track limits and MS UK respect project
Old 10 Aug 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4172072)   #2668
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR are their own headline act this year, which allows them grid walks, use of garages, etc. It would be a step down to now be on the TOCA support bill (and probably push costs up while doing so)
Old 10 Aug 2023, 13:41 (Ref:4172075)   #2669
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just stoking some rumours with the TCR guy. But if you remember, British F4 was a BRSCC series up until the end of 2021 - and that worked on the TOCA/BARC bill, in the same way the the BARC administered Ginetta championships have now flipped to the BRSCC run British GT package....
Permits/officials are still with BARC but Ginetta are moving everything of theirs over to the BRSCC next year.
Old 10 Aug 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4172076)   #2670
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
TCR are their own headline act this year, which allows them grid walks, use of garages, etc. It would be a step down to now be on the TOCA support bill (and probably push costs up while doing so)
Even on the commentary, they obviously skirt around mentioning the BTCC by name (I think it get name-dropped last time though), and the series wants to be a rival to the BTCC not a feeder series, so I really don’t see any cooperation from the two in the near future - although interesting that there was some discussion going on between them.

I suppose with NGTC costs on the rise, there has to be some consideration given to TCR regs.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 06:57 (Ref:4172116)   #2671
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Even on the commentary, they obviously skirt around mentioning the BTCC by name (I think it get name-dropped last time though), and the series wants to be a rival to the BTCC not a feeder series, so I really don’t see any cooperation from the two in the near future - although interesting that there was some discussion going on between them.

I suppose with NGTC costs on the rise, there has to be some consideration given to TCR regs.
I would disagree with that point - Lines has made the point multiple times that BTCC is too expensive, he is trying to promote TCR as an alternative with much lower budgets (and then the benefits that the cars can be used elsewhere easily too). I think its a sensible approach, BTCC is an almost series unique across the world that manages to demand such high budgets for a national series yet has no (real) manufacturer involvement.

They both have their place on the UK calendars.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4172216)   #2672
Tracsmart
Rookie

Tracsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of the time when the National Saloon Car Championship existed and then merged with BTCC in 2000. Many of us competitors and teams were priced out of existence. Hope TCR remains as a separate championship
Old 11 Aug 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4172218)   #2673
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracsmart View Post
Reminds me of the time when the National Saloon Car Championship existed and then merged with BTCC in 2000. Many of us competitors and teams were priced out of existence. Hope TCR remains as a separate championship
I think changes at the european level had quite an effect on production class racing too. The evolution of the ETCC, which was initially going to be for lightly upgraded production-spec cars before morphing into something quite different, moved a lot of focus away from production-spec cars to Super 2000. It is notable that the only new production-spec cars to appear post-2001 were UK home brews.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4172267)   #2674
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's always someone with more money and someone with less. TCR is still massively expensive.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4172286)   #2675
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
TCR is still massively expensive.

Compared to what?