Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2000, 15:22 (Ref:33102)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Mika Hakkinen has now proved, especially in today's and the previous race, that he IS a better, more talented, quicker driver than Michael Schumacher. Of course I'm not saying he's as good as Alesi...
Old 27 Aug 2000, 15:24 (Ref:33107)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you mispelled 'has a better car'...

I think that the two are VERY close in terms of speed - though in equal cars I have to say that I think Schumi would come out on tops.
Old 27 Aug 2000, 15:31 (Ref:33114)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Of course I'm not saying he's as good as Alesi...
...or better than Katayama.
Old 27 Aug 2000, 15:38 (Ref:33123)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kat is the King and the Koolest and the Kwicke... erm...

B, you took the words right out of my mouth...

Old 27 Aug 2000, 15:55 (Ref:33140)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, today he WAS better. No doubt about it. How is it that when Mika wins it's because of the car, but when TGF wins it's because of his abilities? Credit where credit's due, this was Mika's day.
Old 27 Aug 2000, 16:00 (Ref:33141)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

R, re-read my post...
Old 27 Aug 2000, 16:10 (Ref:33143)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That reminds me of Damon Hill... It was a killing game for him when TGF was in front of him, and he HAD a better car. Today Cranky Mika, cast the spell out. Well done Mika !
Old 27 Aug 2000, 16:17 (Ref:33146)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just did And I agree, I too think TGF would come out on top in equal cars - just! But my comment was more about the general attitude from a lot of people: "Anyone can win in a McLaren... put any driver in the McLaren and he'd be just another Mika Hakkinen..." etc. I think Mika should get credit for his driving abilities too, not just TGF. So that was what I was trying to say, and when I saw the comment "has a better car" I was prompted to write it...
Old 27 Aug 2000, 16:23 (Ref:33148)   #9
fatbloke
Veteran

Anyone can win in a McLaren ? hmmm... better tell that to DC!
Old 27 Aug 2000, 19:03 (Ref:33189)   #10
R
Veteran

LOL!
Old 27 Aug 2000, 19:11 (Ref:33190)   #11
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I know a lot of you (and me) aren't huge Hakkinen fans, but he hasn't won two World Championships by just having the best car.

This season, however, I had questioned his lack of agressiveness in races. For some reason, through his 'slump' I thought he'd come out of it and again - sadly - make DC look decidedly like a number two. DC had performed some demon overtaking moves on Ferraris one and all this season, but he's not as quick as Hakkinen.

Before Hungary, I couldn't recall a time when Mika had actually passed either Ferrari - let alone TGF - this season. Now he's done it twice in two races. This is the sort of driving that wins titles. Faster car or not, he still pulled off what may go down as the move of the season today...
Old 28 Aug 2000, 10:23 (Ref:33356)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Mika had the better car, the opposition had a bum car, Mika had Adrian, the opposition had the little frog, Ferrari had a lousy car (despite an unlimited budget), the McLaren is easy on tyres, the Ferrari is hard on tyres, Mika's wife had Haug rubbing her behind, and Ron complaining like crazy, etc., etc.. Yeah!! If only Mika dared to come out of his gifted car and race TGF on equal terms, TGF would murder him. Heck!! From the above, Mika is nowhere!!
Old 28 Aug 2000, 10:47 (Ref:33363)   #13
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hallehlujah!!!

...and God said..."Michael+Jacques+Mika"..."go forth and rule the F1world!!!!"....so thats how it is VB!!!