Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Apr 2024, 11:42 (Ref:4205028)   #2901
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kwik Fit’s Instagram has a photo of DeLeon doing media interviews, so looks like Hard have made it (well, their driver at the least!)
Old 15 Apr 2024, 11:52 (Ref:4205029)   #2902
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Is going to be interesting if we're going into the season without any real comparative testing. I asked one of Ash Suttons engineers at Croft about pace, and he said with the weather at Croft and Brands, and not knowing who was on which tyre during dry periods (along with fuel levels) that they hoped Donington would give a solid answer to their beliefs - which was mainly to do with an up in pace from WSR.)
Is that any different from other seasons though? I think this is the first time of having multiple 'official' test days.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 12:05 (Ref:4205030)   #2903
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They have tended to use these sessions to “launch” the season. I expect it will be no different this year
Old 15 Apr 2024, 12:24 (Ref:4205031)   #2904
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Kwik Fit’s Instagram has a photo of DeLeon doing media interviews, so looks like Hard have made it (well, their driver at the least!)
Podcast interview up on the BTCC feed already, talks about being on track tomorrow - https://open.spotify.com/episode/2YF...441bc05c5a4f1a
Old 15 Apr 2024, 13:34 (Ref:4205039)   #2905
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
This might seem tenuous but could be BTCC relevant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjr79pppgn7o
M25 will be closed between J9-10 over the weekend 10th-13th May. If it's anything like last time then expect the roads to be chaos over a much wider area.

The BTCC related bit that's Brands Hatch weekend, and I expect a good number of people will be expecting to get to BH via the M25.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 13:46 (Ref:4205040)   #2906
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say that's significant enough to question whether the round may be reschuled entirely.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4205041)   #2907
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
This might seem tenuous but could be BTCC relevant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjr79pppgn7o
M25 will be closed between J9-10 over the weekend 10th-13th May. If it's anything like last time then expect the roads to be chaos over a much wider area.

The BTCC related bit that's Brands Hatch weekend, and I expect a good number of people will be expecting to get to BH via the M25.

As far as I can remember, the BBC reported after the last closure that delays were nowhere as bad as had been predicted as people had taken on board the request to minimise travel over that stretch. And this report states that there will be extra diversion routes available this time.

People intent on going to Brands that weekend will just have to allow extra travelling time so as to arrive in time.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 14:08 (Ref:4205045)   #2908
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As far as I can remember, the BBC reported after the last closure that delays were nowhere as bad as had been predicted as people had taken on board the request to minimise travel over that stretch. And this report states that there will be extra diversion routes available this time.

People intent on going to Brands that weekend will just have to allow extra travelling time so as to arrive in time.
or just go the other direction around the m25
Old 15 Apr 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4205047)   #2909
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Is that any different from other seasons though? I think this is the first time of having multiple 'official' test days.
2022. Croft, Thruxton (media day) and another track (for Hybrid testing.)
Old 15 Apr 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4205048)   #2910
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Thinking of going to Donington tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't rain and wind drops. Could be an interesting day if it continues like today. High wind and heavy rain here, Derbyshire.
Tomorrow *might* be a little warmer and less blowy, but it's still forecast to rain on and off all day. Very definitely "April showers"!
Old 15 Apr 2024, 14:34 (Ref:4205049)   #2911
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I saw him at Brands yesterday - I didn't have the gumption to ask "are you racing or not" but a I could hear someone, ask and he was saying he was testing tomorrow and ready to go.

To be honest, he looked uncomfortable, but, considering he's just a kid of what, 17/18, I think I'd be a bit shy in that situation considering the way people have been looking at HARD.

Much as many people don't want Mr T Gillham in the paddock, it's not the kids fault he's become the only public voice in the situation, not that fair on him is it to face all those people? And to be fair, it was quite some crowd for a TCR round.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4205050)   #2912
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any paddock gossip about if we will have the 4th WSR car out tomorrow or not? Or is this going to be one they run right to the race weekend - I know that's not ideal of course.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 15:04 (Ref:4205051)   #2913
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Is there any paddock gossip about if we will have the 4th WSR car out tomorrow or not? Or is this going to be one they run right to the race weekend - I know that's not ideal of course.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they loaned or sold it to someone else
Old 15 Apr 2024, 15:11 (Ref:4205052)   #2914
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Last closure was in March. I suspect there would be generally less traffic on the road that time of year. People will be more likely to be out for the day/weekend in May when it's a bit warmer.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting the round should be cancelled/rescheduled, just making sure people are aware of the situation and to plan accordingly.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 16:11 (Ref:4205059)   #2915
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Tomorrow *might* be a little warmer and less blowy, but it's still forecast to rain on and off all day. Very definitely "April showers"!
Yes, looks like it, having checked the forecast. Will be taking my wet weather gear just in case. Maybe a while in the grandstand by pits might be a better option.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4205070)   #2916
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Josh Cook has won the best crash helmet award again.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4205077)   #2917
redshoes
Veteran

https://www.restartracing.co.uk/news...-breaks-cover/
Restart Racing livery, one car mostly black the other mostly white

hmm.. not awful but not the best I've seen
Old 15 Apr 2024, 20:40 (Ref:4205080)   #2918
MarcusH26
Racer

I like the Sumpton livery, the Smiley one being black and red just reminds me of Hard.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 21:09 (Ref:4205081)   #2919
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't mind either of them. Particularly like the red rear on the Smiley car.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 04:50 (Ref:4205100)   #2920
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nice video here from the Croft test. It even captures Hill's incident.

https://youtu.be/pt7bFr8MqgM
Old 16 Apr 2024, 08:46 (Ref:4205116)   #2921
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Hard Cupra out on the tracking shots, apparently it’s in the garage still needing work.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 08:51 (Ref:4205117)   #2922
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No Hard Cupra out on the tracking shots, apparently it’s in the garage still needing work.
It was pushed out onto the grid and then pushed back into the garage, looks like it needs a lot of parts. I doubt they'll get it running today. No sponsors on it except Bartercard, Autobrite are on Daryl's suit but they've pulled out.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 09:08 (Ref:4205120)   #2923
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we have an official entry list as of yet? From what I can see, no Bobby T along with no HARD on track.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4205121)   #2924
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Do we have an official entry list as of yet? From what I can see, no Bobby T along with no HARD on track.
All looks to be as expected, no 4th BMW and only 1 HARD car which isn't running.
Old 16 Apr 2024, 11:16 (Ref:4205128)   #2925
MarcusH26
Racer

https://btcc.net/2024/04/16/top-quality-line-up-confirmed-for-2024-btcc/

Season preview has " A Third WSR entry could still be confirmed"