Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:47 (Ref:2703630)   #51
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
By the way, Steve, what post are you marshalling at this year? (sorry if this has been asked before...)
Old 3 Jun 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2703658)   #52
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
By the way, Steve, what post are you marshalling at this year? (sorry if this has been asked before...)
No problem! Poste 106, it's located a half mile along the course between Arnage and Porsche Curves, on the supposedly flat and straight bit (according to the maps)!!! Actually it's the crest of a rise and is turning left at the same time, all at 170MPH+ (according to the wee Scotsman!).

If you look at any local maps, Chemin du Tertre is the name of the side road that forms the T-junction of our poste. The downside is that there's no spectator viewing from our area. But outside of racing, visitors are welcome to drop by us (39 officials/marshals from 8 nationalities involved on just our poste).
Old 3 Jun 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2703669)   #53
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the info, Steve. Have fun and have a nice, dry week.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2703687)   #54
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Showers looking like a possibility throughout race week. At least temps are reasonable and it looks like showers rather than the deluges Le Mans can get if it is stormy.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2703994)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Showers looking like a possibility throughout race week. At least temps are reasonable and it looks like showers rather than the deluges Le Mans can get if it is stormy.

I am seriously tempted to censor this post and to ban you from the board until you promise to wash your mouth out with soap.....
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2704001)   #56
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I normally try to find the national meteorological institute of the country to check weather and I think I found the French one:

http://france.meteofrance.com/france...ath=previsions - "Tendances jours suivants"

I won't say more because I don't want to be banned!!

Last edited by AndrewF31; 3 Jun 2010 at 17:49. Reason: added pointers
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2704015)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sensible fellow!

The one thing I say about these forecasts is that they're generally not something I'd be betting much of my hard-earned cash on.......
Old 3 Jun 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2704153)   #58
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good for race weekend though:

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/EUR...forecast2.aspx
Old 3 Jun 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2704177)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJoel31 View Post
Looks good for race weekend though:

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/EUR...forecast2.aspx

See?

There's a man who knows what he's talking about (.... and I don't mean Allon!! )
Old 4 Jun 2010, 06:51 (Ref:2704315)   #60
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
La chaîne météo shows far better race conditions than it did three or four days ago.
(This site works this Météo France team.)
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2704332)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The weather will be fine and dry, some people have seaweed, some people use computer forcasts but we have Ayse, and if he says it will be fine and dry then so be it.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2704341)   #62
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have also bought a new pair of sunglasses.

It will definitely now rain.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2704347)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Well take them back right away
Old 4 Jun 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2704429)   #64
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

Agate France totally agrees with you : http://www.agate-france.com/meteo/previ_france.php
Old 4 Jun 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2704654)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hell, what do they know, might as well employ the legendary Michael 'Don't worry, there's isn't a hurricane' Fish....
Old 4 Jun 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2704749)   #66
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I am seriously tempted to censor this post and to ban you from the board until you promise to wash your mouth out with soap.....
Mouth thoroughly washed out, so long as that is the only wash out in the next week we will all be happy.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2704767)   #67
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hell, what do they know, might as well employ the legendary Michael 'Don't worry, there's isn't a hurricane' Fish....
Your words : be positive, so look at this :http://france.lachainemeteo.com/mete...lle_2742_0.php
and this : http://www.accuweather.com/world-for...0MANS&metric=1
AND THIS : http://fr.weather.com/weather/10day-...r&cm_pla=10day
statistics are statistics
Old 4 Jun 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2704773)   #68
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
As I wrote this morning, I feel more optimistic !
Old 4 Jun 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2704777)   #69
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
me too
Old 4 Jun 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2704782)   #70
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
On the other hand, the weather conditions for the qualifying session of thursday might be completely unstable.

The separation line beetween the anticyclone and the northwest depression will be above the LM region for the 12/13. Météo France says the tendance will favour the anticyclone.

Last edited by PascaLM; 4 Jun 2010 at 21:18.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 05:05 (Ref:2704904)   #71
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I hate to say that, but this site seems very pessimistic : rain for saturday too
Old 5 Jun 2010, 06:39 (Ref:2704920)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, but they just make it up as they go along....

Come on, I'm trying really hard here amongst all this pessimism!!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2704924)   #73
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Is this what weather men do-make it up as they go, because mother nature makes it up as she goes

Really, the only guys who have to worry about the rain are Peugeot. At Spa, they sturggled in the rain when it was wet enough for intermediates, and they don't have the ALMS/LMS spec downforce areo package to help them. Also, the low profile tires mated to the 908s J dampers don't seem to work like on the much higher profile F1 tires. The Pugs, when pushed, don't seem to like bumpy tracks and definitly don't like rain.

Granted, Audi may not need the rain this year to challenge Peugeot, but if it rains enough, Peugeot may be out of luck this year.

But then again, the race is a week away, and who knows what's gonna happen.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 07:00 (Ref:2704928)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not in the least bit bothered about the cars and the drivers - my concern is 100% for the spectators!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2704932)   #75
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm not in the least bit bothered about the cars and the drivers - my concern is 100% for the spectators!
too true!!!

It wont rain anyway....the sun shines on the righteous....and Im gonna be there! LOL