Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Oct 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1443691)   #26
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually liked the '98 liveries, especially the Jordan one but Williams' as well...
Yellow or not, I still think the Midland car will be a lemon.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1443733)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Williams have no major sponsors demanding particular colours they should run the cars in dark (BRG?) green and white.

Just like Keke's was.

Old 26 Oct 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1443746)   #28
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those are the colors of the Saudia airline company though, unless they want to reminisce of the good days with the Bin Laden family I can't really see it happening.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1443799)   #29
nau_jr
Rookie

United Nations
St. Petersburg, Europe
nau_jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
If Williams have no major sponsors demanding particular colours they should run the cars in dark (BRG?) green and white.
Why not? Good choice - again with Cosworth engines and Rosberg behind wheel
Old 26 Oct 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1443843)   #30
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Those are the colors of the Saudia airline company though, unless they want to reminisce of the good days with the Bin Laden family I can't really see it happening.
They ought to, they went like a bomb.

(Have we reached the Statutory Limit When Bad Taste Becomes Acceptable yet?)
Old 26 Oct 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1443856)   #31
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I find it interesting that Johnny should say the yellow ran for 15 years, when you consider that it didn't.
IIRC (maybe not) 1987 (F3), 1988 to 1990 (F3000), 1995 to 2005 (F1).
Old 26 Oct 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1444027)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the Canon Williams-Hondas of the mid-1980s were the nicest [colorwise] looking Williams of all... Red-Blue-Yellow.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1444045)   #33
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
IIRC (maybe not) 1987 (F3), 1988 to 1990 (F3000), 1995 to 2005 (F1).
Seems about right IIRC, except the F1 cars were only really yellow from 1997 weren't they? In '96 they were gold (or did that change mid-season?), while they were multi-coloured in '92-'95 after the classic 7-Up livery of '91.

Makes sense to get rid of the yellow now, I'd rather fondly remember Jordan for their own achievements.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1444073)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Makes sense to get rid of the yellow now, I'd rather fondly remember Jordan for their own achievements.
That's the real reason for the change. They want to close the Jordan chapter and open the Midland chapter... like BAR after Tyrell or RBR after Jaguar.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1444287)   #35
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they're keeping the chassis numbering sequence... wonder if they're talking to Colt (the weapons manufacturer) about some sponsorship...

Midland, 16th chassis

aw, the M-16...? ring a bell???
Old 26 Oct 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1444413)   #36
davyboy
Veteran

even MI-6... very militaristic no matter what way you look at it. Maybe they should go the whole hog and have military colours too.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1444457)   #37
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The real qustions is what will williams be.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1446265)   #38
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
even MI-6... very militaristic no matter what way you look at it. Maybe they should go the whole hog and have military colours too.
Yup, disruptive pattern or khaki - opens the doors for military sponsorship - is Colonel Gaddafi into motorsport? Uday Hussein would probably have gone for it.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1446906)   #39
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
,,,opens the doors for military sponsorship...
NASCAR have already military forces as sponsor.

U.S. Army

Air Force

National Guard

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 29 Oct 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1447006)   #40
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Jordan wasn't yellow for 15 years. I was only yellow since 1997 (8 years)
Old 30 Oct 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1447375)   #41
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Here's one that should have been tabled at the FIA meeting yesterday. Select 12 different colours, one for each team. Then draw lots to determine who got what colour. The team would have to use that as their base going forward :-)
Statisically valid , no really it is !!!

1 red
2 blue
3 yellow
4 white
5 silver
6 pink
7 orange
8 aqua
9 green
10 black

Draw gives:

Renault = 10 black
McLaren = 6 brown
Ferrari = 9 green
Toyota = 1 red
Williams = 3 yellow
BMW = 8 aqua
Honda = 6 pink
Red Bull = 2 blue
Toro Rosso = 7 orange
Midland = 4 white
Old 30 Oct 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1447397)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

It does work doesn't it. I remember going to races in the 1970s [as a kid :-)] and the kaleidescope of different car colors was really nice to watch and easier for spectators too. The FIA should seriously consider it as they strive to put entertainment back into F1.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1447474)   #43
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
remember the old bennetton cars? They were definetely memorable.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1447477)   #44
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great shame in my view as the Jordan's were probably the best looking cars on the grid.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1447560)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Great shame in my view as the Jordan's were probably the best looking cars on the grid.
Not the last 2 years, but for sure before they always had great liveries.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1447564)   #46
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, as I said were, for example, 2004 and 2005 they were rather tacky.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1447576)   #47
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
remember the old bennetton cars? They were definetely memorable.
The Benettons of the 1980s were fabulous, particularly the brush-stroked ones of Fabi/Berger.

In fact along that vein, what I really liked was the Benetton Alfa Romeo's of Riccardo Patrese and Eddie Cheever from the mid-1980s - gorgeous green and red. The Benetton stores had great posters of them on the walls and I remember going into one [I think in Nutgrove] and asking them to remove them all and give them to me... which they did :-)

Also, don't we think its time Martini got back into F1 ? I see Riccardo Patrese's GP master's machine is decked out in their colours and looks so cool.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1447578)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff. Martini still exists ? Can't remind the last time I saw one ! I've been sober for so long now !
Old 30 Oct 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1447588)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

Very much so... they've got a lovely racing web site [if you can manage to get through the beginning rubbish on age etc... Check it out www.martiniracing.com . Super cool stuff !
Old 30 Oct 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1447673)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Cool. Thanks !