Old 28 Oct 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2322285)   #1
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
r factor help!

Hi guys and gals.

Just bought r factor special edition on disk off ebay.

So to see if my pc would handle it I downloaded the demo version.

Well things didn't quite work, The play was very juddery (stop start) and the sound was like a musical scale played my a recorder!

This is my pc. Just got it for uni.

http://www.misco.ie/productinformati...affiliate=6030

What do I need to do to the spec to get it to work properly?

Need answers!

Cheers People

David
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:43 (Ref:2322350)   #2
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not the best tech spec of the computer. I'm guessing its a dual core so your fine there, it only has 1GB RAM though, you'll probably be struggling with this, most games require at least 2GB.

The main thing is it doesn't even say what graphics card it has built in, if any... this would be your main problem if it doesn't have one.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2322430)   #3
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that spec does not show the graphics card spec, my guess after a few weeks of rfactor headaches. is the gfx card is not upto the job, go into visual settings in the user menu and turn down all the settings to minimum run rfactor and see what the performance is like, if its better then I would look at upgrading the gfx card idealyfor most racing games you will need a minimum of 256mb gfx card with a 512mb being better. Also make sure you have no other programs such as msn, antivirus or email clients running as they draw resources from the game.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2322954)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just did a quick google on the model number. The first hit was this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1610-Pentium.../dp/B0013BG072

I'd say that the graphics card is probably a weak link, but I agree some RAM (especially with Vista) would help.

What resolution were you trying to run at?
Old 29 Oct 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2323112)   #5
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine isn't a dule core, It's a celeron.

So I need new graphics card and a bigger ram?

How much would that cost guys?
Old 29 Oct 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2323806)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably being a celeron doesn't help either - I've not really kept up with processor development for the last couple of years, but Celeron was always the budget version.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2324000)   #7
Oldskool
Rookie

Australia
Wodonga Vic
Oldskool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Set the rfactor config to 800x600 res, and graphics on auto. (this is the tab in your start menu) and ingame set to only see 4 or 5 cars.

I run a spare old AMD 2800+, with 1g rams and a gforce 7600 256mb as a backup server runs the game fine on these settings.

Hope this helps.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2324210)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it won't run on my old P90 then?
Old 30 Oct 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2324215)   #9
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would doubt it! My PC is getting on a bit now, and that's an Athlon XP3200+ or something - runs rfactor fine, until I had 20 Formula Fords all lose it at the tight corner in Macau, it didn't like that...
Old 7 Nov 2008, 01:38 (Ref:2329784)   #10
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the Graphics setup in RFactor lower it to DX7, the game will most definately run.

www.adrenalinfactor.com
Old 7 Nov 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2330351)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZ250
In the Graphics setup in RFactor lower it to DX7, the game will most definately run.
I should have mentioned that, I tend to use DX7 for league races. I need the best framerate, not the eye candy. Its mainly just shaders at the end of the day.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2333269)   #12
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to be brutally honest your not going to get much more than basic playabllity out of that machine. The picture of the rear says enough - the graphics it has isn't even DVI (flat screen TFT monitors usual input), its the more traditional DSUB (VGA) type which is somewhat dated now. I'm betting that the mobo only has PCI slots, maybe if your lucky an AGP slot but certainly not PCI-E which is what all the quick cards run with. That means if you wanted a better graphics card you'd need a new mobo too. And a new PSU, because 240w isnt enough to run quick graphics cards which require thier own supply.

Turning all the options down to low is really all you can do to get a less jerky playback, although if you are looking to increase the RAM i might have some spare that will fit, PM me if you are interested.