Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2229984)   #376
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
358 km/h on the Mulsanne Straight in the race!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2230024)   #377
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by templer
Very impressive speed during the first hours. With more test miles the car can really be a surprise.
Well done Dome.
Exactly. Only second to the Lola Aston in terms of speed with petrol. For a brand new car with little long distance testing it did fantastic. Dome should be very proud of themselves.
Lets hope this, the Aston and the epsilon euskadi are just the beggining of a long line of closed prototypes to follow
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2231749)   #378
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Having seen the beast , its now my favourite Coupe . Excellant performance for its first race .

It looked good and fast and was driver well indeed ..... a very plesant surprise indeed .
Old 18 Jun 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2232124)   #379
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has there been any feedback/news from the Dome camp on how Le Mans went, and future plans?
Old 18 Jun 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2232308)   #380
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They have said it was a technology demonstrator and that there were no further plans to race it. In their words, finances would have been allocated differently if they actually were intending to make a race program.

What now for them? I assume they will sit back and wait for companies to pay them money to do work. Perhaps Toyota? We can but hope.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2232735)   #381
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone better bloody finance it.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2232740)   #382
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
They have said it was a technology demonstrator and that there were no further plans to race it
Now , that would be a shame .
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2232748)   #383
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comfortably in the top eight for almost nine hours of the race plus blinding outright speed....superb result! Tough car as well, saw it completeley fail to brake for Mulsanne corner at about 5:00am, thump the tyre barrier, reverse out and then carry on to the pits for a new nose at a goodly pace....superb!

But what is their general plan do we think? Wait for Toyota to stump up the Yen and turn it into a Hydro/Bio/GT-One clone or try and sell a few to Europe and the States....or even both, hopefully!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2232757)   #384
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The former is their plan, not the latter, as far as their statements indicate. Now if someone offered them $$ for chassis, would they balk? Probably not. But let's face it, there is no history of Dome's chassis selling as well as Lola's or even Zytek's, and there is so much bespoke Dome gear on that car in particular that sourcing spare parts would require that Dome produce small runs of them continuously. Not so practical without works backing.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2232772)   #385
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
The former is their plan, not the latter, as far as their statements indicate. Now if someone offered them $$ for chassis, would they balk? Probably not. But let's face it, there is no history of Dome's chassis selling as well as Lola's or even Zytek's, and there is so much bespoke Dome gear on that car in particular that sourcing spare parts would require that Dome produce small runs of them continuously. Not so practical without works backing.
Agree with the gist of that but that car was run at such a high pace, straight out of the box, that there must be some team owners with ageing LMP1's that would relish the thought of racing that sexy, sponsor-attracting coupe, however the production is financed.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2232821)   #386
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82
But what is their general plan do we think? Wait for Toyota to stump up the Yen and turn it into a Hydro/Bio/GT-One clone or try and sell a few to Europe and the States....or even both, hopefully!
Now if they did the latter and I were really rich, i'd buy a couple and try and get a couple of Lamborghini murcielago V12's and er well the rest you can work out...

Would never happen but hey, worth the thought alone!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2232880)   #387
The Badger
Veteran

Now , thats a very interesting combo . Really would like to see that happen !!!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2232899)   #388
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Now , thats a very interesting combo . Really would like to see that happen !!!
Wanna place on my team if it does happen

Would be good as the Lambo engine looks reliable enough (though can someone tell me what caused it to drop down to last at Le Mans), but most importantly gives a fairly good noise....

Personally I think dome would do well to sell this as a customer car as many teams are familiar with the judd v10 which it ran with and was quite darn quick with an engine based on a over 15 year old f1 engine. Goodness knows what a GT1 engine would do to it!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2232904)   #389
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to think we'd see it in the Japanease Le Mans Series at least, plus Le Mans itself.

If RFH could run Domes for five or so years, plus Dome had a European base for Le Mans, customers cars should be possible.

If you wish to be competitive in P1 in 2009, even if it's best of the rest behind the factory teams, you'll need soemthing like a Lola Coupe or Dome.

Even teams such as Pescarolo and Oreca will need new, or much updated, cars.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2232912)   #390
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Ya, it seems to be that this has been a fairly well lidded black project from Toyota. With Dome proving their metal, to Toyota, by showing just how well they can build a car by running Le Mans in its maiden journey. And they seem to have acquitted themselves quite well. And it seems to me that Mike Gascoyne and crew have not really pushed Toyota to the fore in their F-1 program so looking at a different source for an LMP chassis seems logical if not probable from Toyota. IMO of course

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2233016)   #391
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood
Wanna place on my team if it does happen

Yep , can I be incharge of the hospitality unit ?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2233020)   #392
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
As long as you don't fill it with Porsche propoganda then by all means
Wonder if Brielga may want a job as well...

but thats another thread

I'm seriously hoping that Dome bring the car to silverstone cos i really want to see it in person. Never been to a Le mans style race before and i hope it's worth it! Dome bringing this would help
Old 19 Jun 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2233034)   #393
The Badger
Veteran

Now your talking ..... Brielga & Me in charce of the hospitality unit , brilliant move !!!

No Porsche stuff if its a Dome/Lambo mate .

Cant see the Dome apearing at Silverstone , but pigs have been known to fly too .

Never been to a Le Mans style race , just go ,throw caution to the wind and get ready to enjoy a symphomy of beautiful music .

Good luck .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2233623)   #394
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Now your talking ..... Brielga & Me in charce of the hospitality unit , brilliant move !!!

No Porsche stuff if its a Dome/Lambo mate .

Cant see the Dome apearing at Silverstone , but pigs have been known to fly too .

Never been to a Le Mans style race , just go ,throw caution to the wind and get ready to enjoy a symphomy of beautiful music .

Good luck .
If Brielga does the same then we're all good
Maybe with Aysedasi's permission I could run the team under the Ecurie Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch/ Aysedasi Racing banner

well I certainly hope to enjoy it, hope it's a wonderful engine symphony like you say
Old 20 Jun 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2233682)   #395
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:

Pigs only fly when someone throws them! In this case, that throw is a cash infusion. I agree with you, I can't see it appearing either. We know from the horse's mouth that they did not budget money for any more racing.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2233778)   #396
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
358 km/h on the Mulsanne Straight in the race!
Highly questionable

Is the dome running Crueat? - No it is using damper technonlogy designed in house by Dome like the Honda NSX GT00
conventional sping damper units visible in this shot

http://www.jusseau.com/auto/prelemans2008/pqlm0889.html

Last edited by ss_collins; 20 Jun 2008 at 21:57.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 04:13 (Ref:2236296)   #397
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to DOME,
Year's budget that DOME developed S101 in 2001 is about 550 million yen.
Year greatly remodeled according to the regulation in 2005 is about 450 million yen.
The budget of S102 far exceeds one billion yen!
Old 24 Jun 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2236313)   #398
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much is that in Euros/dollars?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 06:07 (Ref:2236316)   #399
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As of today

550mil YEN = 5.09mil USD = 3.27mil Eruo
450mil YEN = 4.1mil USD = 2.68mil Eruo
1 bil YEN = 9.2mil USD = 5.96mil Euro
Old 24 Jun 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2236320)   #400
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gee with figures like that, it makes me think they know something we don't (or haven't yet confirmed...)