Old 1 Aug 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2513103)   #151
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post
When asked who is the best driver in the World, Alonso always answers Kubica...
Very interesting. I've always thought Kubica was right up there with Hamilton and Alonso. I wonder what Alonso thinks of Hamilton - as a driver. Kubica definitely deserves a championship caliber car.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2513210)   #152
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Kubica definitely deserves a championship caliber car.
Amazingly, for a driver who everyone seem's to rate so highly, in the 8 races that both BMW drivers have finished this season, Robert has only finished ahead of Nick 3 times and alot of us on this forum (me included) seem to think Nick will be out of F1 next year.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2513282)   #153
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I always thought that Heidfeld was so underrated as a driver. He is quick and always brings the car home. He doesn't cause any waves and is a perfect teammate to anyone and to top of it off he doesn't slag the team. His only flaw is that he is a quite person. A perfect teammate to Hamilton if they choose to replace Kovalinen. He was after all a McLaren prodigy back in the day. He deseves a change with McLaren.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2513302)   #154
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Kimi says that he's not moving to WRC until 2011 at the earliest.Massa we assume will be at Ferrari in 2010 too.Third cars will probably not be necessary.

Is that what you mean by "done and dusted" ?
Kimi can say what he likes!!

I can't see him continuing next year. It will surely be announced that Massa will be partnered by Alonso from 2010, unless there's been a drastic change of priorities.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2513305)   #155
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
I always thought that Heidfeld was so underrated as a driver. He is quick and always brings the car home. He doesn't cause any waves and is a perfect teammate to anyone and to top of it off he doesn't slag the team.
Yes I often think that about Heidfeld too. For me his 'best' season was in 2005 in the Williams, although he showed his skills in 2007 quite well too.

He has always seemed to lack the hard edge and has often let himself down in qualifying, and then stormed in the race, a mantle Timo Glock appears to be continuing!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2513309)   #156
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Kimi can say what he likes!!
I guess that he can,it's his contract afterall.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2513366)   #157
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Silly season indeed, Now we have Shumi in the frame as well, that makes a pigs ear of who's going where with one very large oversize spanner heading for the 'works'
Old 2 Aug 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2513702)   #158
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OR....could Rubens rejoin Ferrari as team mate again to Shumi?
Old 2 Aug 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2513760)   #159
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Amazingly, for a driver who everyone seem's to rate so highly, in the 8 races that both BMW drivers have finished this season, Robert has only finished ahead of Nick 3 times and alot of us on this forum (me included) seem to think Nick will be out of F1 next year.
I couldn't agree more. Kubica has been very quiet this season. Although, he had a brilliant drive in Melbourne and may have won had Vettel not decided to charge through a closed door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
I always thought that Heidfeld was so underrated as a driver. He is quick and always brings the car home. He doesn't cause any waves and is a perfect teammate to anyone and to top of it off he doesn't slag the team. His only flaw is that he is a quite person. A perfect teammate to Hamilton if they choose to replace Kovalinen. He was after all a McLaren prodigy back in the day. He deseves a change with McLaren.
Again, couldn't agree more. At first glance McLaren seems unlikely, but he's German perhaps McLaren will opt for a solid, experienced driver. After Lewis' last two teammates McLaren may want someone who will support Lewis and be consistant. Heidfeld is the only German with experience who won't expect to be a number 1. Maybe Heidfeld could pull a Button/Webber and step into a good car and deliver.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2513956)   #160
AC4 F1
Rookie

AC4 F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to throw a complete red herring into the mix...I'm reliably informed that A1GP race ace Adam Carroll is in definate negotiations now with three leading teams for 2010 F1...has anyone else heard anything on this? Thanks!
Old 2 Aug 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2513963)   #161
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I guess that he can,it's his contract afterall.
Space bar sticking again Martin?
Old 2 Aug 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2513981)   #162
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Space bar sticking again Martin?
There'sabsolutelynothingwrongwithmyspacebar.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2514308)   #163
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Welcome to 10/10ths AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC4 F1 View Post
Sorry to throw a complete red herring into the mix...I'm reliably informed that A1GP race ace Adam Carroll is in definate negotiations now with three leading teams for 2010 F1...has anyone else heard anything on this? Thanks!
There are 3 leading teams now?

Can't say I've heard this. What teams would that be?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2514404)   #164
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Wasn't Nick running KERS earlier in the season while Robert wasn't due to the weight disadvantage?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2514596)   #165
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
Wasn't Nick running KERS earlier in the season while Robert wasn't due to the weight disadvantage?
Yes.

GP Week is out today and as usual has plenty to say:

Kimi to leave Ferrari at the end of the season with a healthy severance package. I think we all knew that. Provided he's fully recovered Felipe will obviously stay, but with whom? Alonso, as for so long predicted, or MS if he decides that he really rather likes being back in F1. Failing either of those two, there's always Kubica, who may wait and see if Felipe is completely fit to drive. I think he will be, but...

Timo Glock to stay at Toyota now that it seems they are going to stay in.

Either Rosberg or Kubica to McLaren. I wonder what Lewis will think of that? It's fine to be good mates when you're in separate teams, but in the same team?

The displaced Heikki to wind up at Williams, alongside either Heidfeld, Barrichello or Nico Hulkenberg.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2514619)   #166
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Hulkenburg is pretty secure for next year. He's dominating in GP2, and Williams might well lose Rosberg, Nakajima or both. It just makes so much sense.

The whole silly season thing is a bit...silly...when you consider that we haven't heard anything from the 'three new teams'. Whether they will be the ones who make it to the grid, or if anyone makes it to the grid at all, is still a bit speculative.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2514709)   #167
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here in Russia some press says, that Vitaly Petrov will be third and reserve Renault driver already this season & Grosjean+Petrov line up in 2010.
And about month we discussing news, that Alisher Usmanov http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov is going to buy Renault team soon.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2514748)   #168
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauber11 View Post
Here in Russia some press says, that Vitaly Petrov will be third and reserve Renault driver already this season & Grosjean+Petrov line up in 2010.
And about month we discussing news, that Alisher Usmanov http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov is going to buy Renault team soon.
Another Alex Schnaider?
Old 3 Aug 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2514785)   #169
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
Another Alex Schnaider?
Mallya 1.2 billion
Schnaider 1.8 billion
Usmanov 9.3 billion

Not so sure
Old 3 Aug 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2514809)   #170
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Don't beleive what the Russian newspapers say... They even say that Putin is a good leader, so...
Old 3 Aug 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2514818)   #171
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

And Piquet Snr punting a rumour about that he might buy Sauber and call it Piquet GP!!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2515038)   #172
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
What's the bets Piquet GP would have a pre-determined absolute No. 1 driver with nearly exactly the same name as the team owner?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2515367)   #173
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mrs Piquet?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2515371)   #174
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nea View Post
Mrs Piquet?
She may be faster than the alternative!
Old 4 Aug 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2515509)   #175
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Is this Usmanov character the one trying to get hold of Arsenal??

That's serious financial clout he's got according to sauber11!!!

Maybe he is the answer to Carlos Ghosn's (and Flav's to a lesser entent) prayers. Offload the works backing (apart from engines?) but keep the F1 employees in a job?