JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curborough 17th and 18th may

Excellent 2 days at above meetings,
Saturday Lotus 7
shame about rain spoiling some great timesafter practice.
i think the total count was 18 spins for the day, and 1 Lotus 7 with a front end needing rebuilt.
Thanks to all for the Saturday meeting. Especially my radio operator on CONTROL who was excellent throughout the day.
Sunday BMMC
Todays meeting went very well,nice early finish at 4.30. mainly due to the dry track throughout the day and some excellent driving.
Great to put faces to names.
you know who i mean if reading this.
Thanks to all organisors for this weekend, it has been excellent for me and thoroughly enjoyed both days.
Back there next week for AMOC.
Old 18 May 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2205874)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst I couldn't be at Curborough yesterday, I was there today and it was a pleasure to see some different faces in orange overalls.

Despite our earlier concerns, we had more than enough marshals to go round so I was saved the embarrassment of asking for volunteers from the drivers at morning briefing.

Everyone who signed on was given £5 and a free lunch (although the startline crew preferred sitting on the grass munching their sarnies to joining the rest of us tucking in to chicken casserole!). There was also a marshals' raffle, which Roy Salsbury won.

Thankfully, the Met Office got the forecast right and although we did have some cloud and a pretty chilly wind, we had no rain

It was a shame that the marshals all had to rush off before the presentations because the competitors had some extremely complimentary words to say about them all.

It was a great day and as I said earlier, a pleasure to see some different faces - thanks to all who were there and helped make my day easy!
Old 19 May 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2206329)   #3
Nexus
Racer

England
Chesterfield, Derbys
Nexus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the weather Saturday was an eventful day on Control. Many thanks for the Cakes at lunch!
Old 20 May 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2207444)   #4
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first visit to Curborough in I don't know how many years. Well done Sheila and team for a slickly run event. I should imagine the drivers enjoyed the extra run.