Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1005882)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV To Drive Ferrari at Goodwood

Link Here

Ted

Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1005893)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this count as a test?!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1005894)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news, but not a test!!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1005895)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Does this count as a test?!
No because its fact.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1005922)   #5
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It will be nice to see him back in the drivers seat, even though it will be a 1978 Ferrari. The thrill of driving the same car as his dad should be awesome. I'd like to think that he could eventually be driving the present day Ferrari competitively, but its most likely a pipe dream.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1005933)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rather than looking for some hidden meaning, people should go to Goodwood and enjoy seeing all the cars and drivers going up the hill.

It's a spectacular sight.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1005983)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice piece of F1 history being driven by a nice piece of F1 history.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1005985)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get off it...
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1006014)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saucer of milk for knowlesy!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1006021)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Old 16 Jun 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1006037)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, he's part of the F1 history after all.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1006197)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so... now a new tirade of "JV is going to come back because he is driving at the Good wood" articles will emerge
Old 16 Jun 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1006207)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why not? Jonathan Palmer held the record in an FW07 at one time. Look what that did to his career!

Its nice to think that JV has some sentimental reason for doing this but. He went on record some time ago to say that he didn't think about his father and his father's career wasn't a driver for his own ambitions. (Admittedly a long time ago). So I really do see this as desperate attempt to remain in the spotlight.

He will be fun to watch though. Just as much as watching Moss in whatever he's going to drive. Sadly I won't be there.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1006294)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's probably just doing it for fun. People nowadays don't compare him all the time with his father, so maybe that's why he's willing to be linked with the Ferrari his old man drove.
And Jacques would get in anything with wheels and an engine, too!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1006319)   #15
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Rather than looking for some hidden meaning, people should go to Goodwood and enjoy seeing all the cars and drivers going up the hill.

It's a spectacular sight.
Well said. Goodwood FOS is a celebration of motorsport. Politics should be left at the front door.

I've been three times and it is awe-inspiring.

Just an example. When a NASCAR started up in my face it was awesome, along with your head stuck in the engine bay while it is running.

Also when an FW24 lights up it's rears within ten feet and you can hear the tyres scuffing the tarmac over the shrill of the redlining engine. Now that's what the FOS is all about.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1006333)   #16
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
so... now a new tirade of "JV is going to come back because he is driving at the Good wood" articles will emerge
Old 27 Jun 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1017983)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Jacques said that this is the first and last time he'll drive one of his dad's cars.

It was a moving tribute - well done.

Seeing Jacques in that helmet made me think, if things had different, Gilles would have loved the festival of speed.

Renault had a 1979 car there too, driven - as then - by Rene Arnoux.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1017985)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watched on ITV and must say it was nice to see. JV was doing this Goodwood run with genuine feeling and it was pretty emotional.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1017992)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The same thought occured to me KB.....Gilles would have revelled in the Goodwood atmosphere.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1018134)   #21
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It feels bizarre to see Jacques in Gilles' helmet...
Old 28 Jun 2004, 02:10 (Ref:1018279)   #22
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snapple

Thanks for the links
Old 28 Jun 2004, 02:47 (Ref:1018294)   #23
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe now JV can put some of the "demons" to rest. It had to be a burden (whatever you may think of JV) to be compared to his father in everything from how he dressed to how he drove.

He had a great career despite the shadow of Gilles' career. It is cool that he did Goodwood - I hope they show it on Speed TV here soon!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1018504)   #24
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must have been a great burden to him. One most not forget that he got to F1 on his own merit. His dad had nothing to do with his carrier. I am sure that his dad would have been pretty proud of him.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:51 (Ref:1018505)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good pics Snapple.