Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1367814)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barrichello to BAR and Massa to Ferrari

Brazilian TV say both deals are done.

Barrichello will be at BAR in 2006 - Massa at Ferrari.

It's probably a good move for both of them I think.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1367819)   #2
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, sounds like a good move if its true - who will be Barrichello's team mate?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 00:39 (Ref:1367874)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm still thinking Button. As good and as unlucky Sato is, I don't think Honda will keep a guy who isn't scoring points on a consistent basis in a car which is probably the 3rd best out there at the moment.

Maybe Sato will jump ship to a Midland-Toyota? Teach Honda a lesson?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 01:02 (Ref:1367885)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless Frank is talking tough in order to extract a much larger fee to release him, he has given every indication of forcing Jenson to race for him. If you still think Sato is vulnerable, perhaps AD will finally get a sniff with Rubens.

I suspect there are a lot of people, including sponsors and potential sponsors (Frank has mentioned this), who don't take kindly to Jensons 2nd change of heart in 2 years, and he may not, and apparently does not, have a choice, his contract with Williams is airtight. I think a higher fee is not paramount in Franks thinking at the moment.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 01:48 (Ref:1367900)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
BAR can't afford to pay Williams for lost revenue as regards sponsorship.Williams sponsors will excpect JB to be in the drivers seat next season or they'll be no deals.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 02:29 (Ref:1367908)   #6
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
I'm still thinking Button. As good and as unlucky Sato is, I don't think Honda will keep a guy who isn't scoring points on a consistent basis in a car which is probably the 3rd best out there at the moment.

Maybe Sato will jump ship to a Midland-Toyota? Teach Honda a lesson?
That will not happen. Sato has always been Honda powered and always will be

BAR-Honda
Driver 1 Button
Driver 2 Sato
Old 31 Jul 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1367913)   #7
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
If they let him go, he is free to decide who powers him. Honda will not tolerate 0 points.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1367932)   #8
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is it with people thinking they can choose not to honour a contract... if you where a sponser would you touch button at the moment.

Next Year
Williams -> Webber and Button
BAR - > Davidson, Barrichello.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1367933)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
That will not happen. Sato has always been Honda powered and always will be

BAR-Honda
Driver 1 Button
Driver 2 Sato
Honda may find it pointless to persevere with Sato and options for a replacement driver is one possibility. I think Rubens is there to replace Sato, and when the Bunsen goes to Williams, there will be a place for another driver. Whether Fry has the courage to replace Sato with the Ant is one issue he has to resolve, because if Sato is to be replaced, then Honda wants someone who is capable of scoring good points regularly. Just who that might be is anybody's guess.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1367942)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion, although i rate RB highly, and that he'd be an asset to any top teams, i'd be disappointed if he leaves, and that i don't believe Massa is the right choice.

Sure, Massa had done well in Sauber this year...fairing pretty well against JV. however, i do hold my reservations whether he is good enough for Ferrari. Of course, Ferrari would know better than us how good Massa really is, and if they chose him on merit, all the best. I just hope it's not his link with Jean Todt's son that landed him the seat.

Of course, it may be rumours, but the rumours are running pretty strong lately, and a move of RB to BAR may be likely. I'd wait to see what happens.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1367951)   #11
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson has to race for Williams, He has him under contract and unless frank is really hurting for cash he is not going to release Jenson. On that note next year

BAR
driver: 1 Rubeno
Driver: 2 Sato

I don't think theirs a chance in hell that Honda will allow Sato to be canned, sacked, or fired. They want a man from their country in the seat just like they wanted a Japense driver bakc in the 80's running with a honda engine. Sotro Nakajima i think was his name, (i know the spelling is wrong) anyhow unless Honda supply engines to another team Sater will stay at BAR. Although let say a new team is formed or one of the existing teams decide to use a customer Honda engine you might see Sato get sent their.

Personally think Sato is awsome and he is one of my favorite drivers just because he is an X-Factor on the track at all times. Although i believe Anthony Davidson will and could be alot more realiable once he gets into that seat for race days.

Now on the other hand I don't know if this info is correct about Rubeno and Massa. So Rubeno stays at ferrari and Massa stays at BMW next year you might see who is faster and more reliable in the BAR between Ant and Sato because they will be the two drivers racing for them because like i said earlier Jenson is stuck going to Williams and theirs nothing he can really do about it other then sit out the entire season but i doubt he will do that. Plus i think Cosworth will do really well with the V8 engine plan so i wouldnt be surprized if the Williams is alot quicker then it has been this year.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1367974)   #12
Skam85
Veteran

I just can't see Honda retaining Sato. I rate the guy as well, but Honda want championships, not occasional points. They may give Ant a go, I'd certainly like to see how he would go (I have doubts), and certainly F1 Racing would love to as well. Those guys reckon the sun shines out of his a$$.....

What I would like to (probably not going to happen) see...is Button somehow staying at BAR (money talks no matter what Frank says), Rubens teaming up with him, Heidfeld going to BMW, Massa going to Ferrari, and Klien going to Williams, with Speed promoted to a race seat with RBR, possibly swapping with Liuzzi off and on.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1367993)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens and Sato will be the BAR drivers I think. Sato is Honda's boy, he's yet to drive a non-Honda car in F1. They'll make sure he stays where he is.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1368007)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yuck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Rubens and Sato will be the BAR drivers I think. Sato is Honda's boy, he's yet to drive a non-Honda car in F1. They'll make sure he stays where he is.
You mean nobody else wants him!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1368025)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Ferrari are signing Massa it will be initially as #2 to Michael, and in the long term proabbly #2 to a big name driver, perhaps Kimi or Jenson, unless he shows anything astonishing alongside Michael. Long-term they have always been grooming him for this.

It's high time Rubens struck out on his own. It's clear that he can never beat Mihcael, and isn't part of the team's long-term plans. He could have 2-3 years left of leading BAR, perhaps being the man to take their first win, which would be good for the CV. Sato's contract is up at the end of the year and the team have said nothign about it. My suspicion is that we'll find out at Suzuka, which makes sense eitehr way, creating a euphoric feel in Japan if he stays on, or avoiding any loss in ticket sales from his imminent departure (Honda own Suzuka, remember).
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1368030)   #16
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
If they let him go, he is free to decide who powers him. Honda will not tolerate 0 points.
It's all Bad Luck!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1368034)   #17
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtymutt
What is it with people thinking they can choose not to honour a contract... if you where a sponser would you touch button at the moment.

Next Year
Williams -> Webber and Button
BAR - > Davidson, Barrichello.
He was contracted to BAR first and stupid Williams tried to steal him away from them.

So off Williams
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1368041)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, I almost started to think that Rubens would waste away his career at Ferrari, it's good to see him as most likely the lead driver at BAR Honda, sort of reminiscent of his Jordan and Stewart days.

I really hope that this is true!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 31 Jul 2005 at 09:19. Reason: what the hell is remisiscent... :bag:
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1368048)   #19
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
He was contracted to BAR first and stupid Williams tried to steal him away from them.

So off Williams
Jenson wanted to go to Williams in the first place. There was no "stealing" involved.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1368055)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, looks like its done, all the news sites are carrying this story.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1368059)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schweeeeettt...
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1368066)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know Massa is a lot better since he came in, in 2002, and has a lot of potential, but I feel there is better drivers who would be in that Ferrari, although Ferrari would want to make sure that they don't have a driver as good as Michael for whilst he is still there.

BAR could be a good move for Jensen, them two would be a good line up.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1368076)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:

So off Williams
Maybe get your facts straight dude.....

Button WANTED to go to Williams for 2005. BAR had a watertight contract with him. So he was stuck. Now he wants to stay at BAR, but he signed a watertight contract with Williams.

But you could be right, he could stay at BAR. Money does talk, no matter what FW or anyone else says.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1368081)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Williams might lose these new sponsors they are talking about if they don't get Jenson. I'm certian that Jenson will be a Williams driver next year.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1368098)   #25
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
You mean nobody else wants him!!
Yeah, I can't understand why any team would want Sato. I don't understand why this guy is still running. He's not THAT bad of course, but he's mediocre and there surely are better drivers dreaming of a vacant spot in F1.