Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1884126)   #1
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fisi's latest positive thoughts!

"Realistically, the podium is difficult - it's quite far away," Fisichella told reporters at Sepang.

what a clown I'd boot him out and replace with him with someone who can be positive
Old 5 Apr 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1884127)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this an unrealistic thing to say? Given the fact that Ferrari and McLaren are so much quicker, then he's probably right.

This appears to be a pointless bash.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1884128)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps they should replace him with Nelson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Piquet Jr.
it's going to take us a couple of races to get back onto the pace and get our results back.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57816
Old 5 Apr 2007, 14:17 (Ref:1884167)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It may not be his lack of positive attitude that gets him booted if Heikki gets his rhythm sorted. For the moment though, it seems even McLaren are ruling out wins and simply aiming for podiums, so you cant discredit him that much.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1884182)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Pointless thread. Finger hovering over close thread button.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1884232)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I vote to close it. I'm sure there'll be a bashing thread opened if he finishes 4th...
Old 5 Apr 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1884259)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given how politically correct F1 is I'm surprised that drivers are allowed to make such public statements. As for the merit of the statement, Renault has SIX cars faster than themselves (Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW). Williams appears to be about the same speed as Renault (poor AUS qualifying) and Red Bull not far behind. Those four cars will add extra challange to Renault if poor luck strikes 4 faster cars.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1884847)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi joins the Webber, Button bashing club .
Old 6 Apr 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1884918)   #9
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
poor old fisi. i do have a soft spot for him, mainly due to his early seasons in F1 when he'd finish on the podium and his lack of english vocab would lead him to announcing "i am very 'appy" in post race interviews.

but yeah, enough of the pointless bashing please. it's not like he's rammed someone off the road on purpose, he's just said the car needs work which is true!
Old 10 Apr 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1888604)   #10
carlo8
Rookie

carlo8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly Bash

Hey don't get me wrong-i'd sack fisi too but not for being realistic and saying the truth!
I'd just sack him for being continually slow,LOL
(yes i know,he's the best choice right now.But this year being what it is i'd be trying out new guys)
Old 11 Apr 2007, 00:52 (Ref:1888672)   #11
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrosscraig
"Realistically, the podium is difficult - it's quite far away," Fisichella told reporters at Sepang.

what a clown I'd boot him out and replace with him with someone who can be positive
If he would have said: "In Bahrein, we will win with a 40 second margin !" would you have found him serious ??
Old 11 Apr 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1888838)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
If he would have said: "In Bahrein, we will win with a 40 second margin !" would you have found him serious ??
Of course not. He'd have been labellled an arrogant clown who should be sacked. Such is life. I don't think it's unreasonable for him to suggest that podiums are a long way off.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1888854)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is natural to assume this when your cars keep finishing in the lower reaches of the points!
Old 12 Apr 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1889533)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What gets me is he just cannot seem to suss how you feed the press and promote the company line.

How many times have we read the following ...

"It was a productive testing session and we tried out a number of different configurations and with some new aero parts due, we believe we can make a step change that will make us more competetitve" (quote from ... name any one team of your choice)

I think he just needs to get a professional head on and even if he feels negative - get some positive attitude in.

I reckon in F1 you need to be a 'glass half full', 'can do' type of person.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 08:28 (Ref:1889537)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
And to be fair the guy's hardly done anything wrong on track this season yet has he?

He's driven his nuts off both races so far for fairly little reward - it makes me wonder what he might have achieved last season (if allowed) had he been putting in similar performances?
Old 12 Apr 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1889553)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He's driven his nuts off both races so far for fairly little reward - it makes me wonder what he might have achieved last season (if allowed) had he been putting in similar performances?
How do we know he's driving better this year than last? Kovalainen's been closely matched already, which doesn't bode well for Fisichella in the long term.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1889769)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Closely matched so far? I think you should re-watch the first race of the season.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1889944)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay, so Fisichella had the legs on Kovalainen in the first race, but I guess what I mean rather than 'so far' is 'at this point.'

Basically it seems that Kovalainen is already approaching Fisichella's pace.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1889965)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Astounding stuff.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1890091)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Astounding stuff.
I'm not certain you're referring to my comments, but if so, I do think it's noteworthy, because I don't think Fisichella's a complete no-hoper, and if Kovalainen's already at his pace, he could soon be beating him.

So, perhaps Kovalainen's the greater talent.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1890503)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It was tongue in cheek admittedly.

Certainly on this seasons evidence, Heikki will be a success if he matches Fisi consistently (oh how the sights have lowered).

Nigel Roebuck raises an interesting point in his Autosport column yesterday though. He asks, given that Fisi is more or less finishing the same as in 2005/06, where would Alonso be in the same car? It's an interesting thing to consider. Maybe Fernando woul be pushing for the podium?

I think that would be tough, but Renault do miss him a lot it seems.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1890557)   #22
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Hugh Jarce. DC insisted for years that it was "his year." We all laughed, but that's the kind of stuff you have to say and to some degree believe. Every time a team does poorly at a race, test, whatever, they say "we have new parts coming which we expect will improve our competitiveness." No one ever comes back and says "LIARS!" Everyone knows its mindless dribble. It's like the sports cliche interview responses about giving 110%, etc.

Notice how at Toyota they say that kind of stuff less and less? They just accept that they will finish in 7-14th.

Despite Fisi's poor past performances, I don't think that Alonso would be close to the front in this year's Renault. Could one say that Sauber had a car capable of winning a championship a few years ago?

Last edited by Snrub; 13 Apr 2007 at 16:35.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1890653)   #23
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nigel Roebuck raises an interesting point in his Autosport column yesterday though. He asks, given that Fisi is more or less finishing the same as in 2005/06, where would Alonso be in the same car? It's an interesting thing to consider. Maybe Fernando woul be pushing for the podium? I think that would be tough, but Renault do miss him a lot it seems.
Yes, I read that too, and it made me think. But it's worth bearing in mind that Fisichella won in Malaysia last year after a great drive, and finished 6th this year after another great drive. I think this is a fairer (although not 100% accurate) reflection of how far Renault have dropped back this season.

Personally, I don't feel that Alonso would be fighting for podiums in this year's Renault.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1890666)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No, probably not. He'd more likely be the guy picking up podiums after a McLaren or Ferrari dropped out.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1890675)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
No, probably not. He'd more likely be the guy picking up podiums after a McLaren or Ferrari dropped out.
I agree. Alonso is the sort of driver who will get the best out of a car. In my opinion, the best the Renault could realistically manage is around 5th / 6th place, or maybe 4th at a push, so he could conceivably stick it on the podium if one or two of the frontrunners ran into trouble. Mind you, this is all guesswork. Nobody can say for sure what Driver A could do in Car B unless he's actually driving it.