Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jan 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2378732)   #526
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
The word is that the new Redbull car is a 'stunner'.One to look out for this season methinks.
That word come from Mark Webber by any chance? I've read reports of him saying that the RBR would be the best-looking '09 car. Probably nothing to do with the fact that he's a loyal RBR driver...

I still expect BMW to come out on top or at least be the biggest surprise in performance.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2378764)   #527
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
That word come from Mark Webber by any chance?
Could have.

Quote:
I still expect BMW to come out on top or at least be the biggest surprise in performance.
But isn't that because you're a loyal BMW/Kubica supporter.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2378820)   #528
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Could have.

But isn't that because you're a loyal BMW/Kubica supporter.
Yes, I'm a loyal supporter, but that doesn't mean I close my eyes to avert reality. Anyone browsing my posting history would see me assessing them quite realistically. That I support somebody does not mean that I truly expect them to win everything and be the best at everything. For example, I support Borussia Dortmund, but I can't see them place any higher than 5th-7th in this year's Bundesliga season.
Also, I'd much rather see Heidfeld take the WDC than Kubica, but I think Kubica's the more likely of the two.

At no point did I expect BMW to challenge for the championship in the past seasons. I do so now though, based on what I think their strategy and capabilities are.

EDIT: Actually Kubica himself isn't even among the Top-5 of my favorite current drivers: Alonso, Vettel, Heidfeld, Bourdais, Barrichello.

Last edited by Satorian; 25 Jan 2009 at 16:34.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2378981)   #529
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

EDIT: Actually Kubica himself isn't even among the Top-5 of my favorite current drivers: Alonso, Vettel, Heidfeld, Bourdais, Barrichello.
I would put Hamilton ahead of all of them bar Alonso,but I'm no LH fan boy.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2378989)   #530
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
I would put Hamilton ahead of all of them bar Alonso,but I'm no LH fan boy.
That means you still don't understand the difference: My favorite drivers aren't necessarily those I consider to be the best ones.

I consider LH to be the second best driver on the grid (behind Alonso), but he's far from being a favorite of mine.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2379015)   #531
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
That means you still don't understand the difference: My favorite drivers aren't necessarily those I consider to be the best ones.

I consider LH to be the second best driver on the grid (behind Alonso), but he's far from being a favorite of mine.
Ahh! "favourite!" now I get yer.

No "favourite" here though.Although I do hope that Button lines up on the grid in Melbourne in something resembling a 'racing car'.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2379036)   #532
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Ahh! "favourite!" now I get yer.
Yup, that's the way BMW and STR are my favorite teams (and Super Aguri until they went under).

Quote:
No "favourite" here though.Although I do hope that Button lines up on the grid in Melbourne in something resembling a 'racing car'.
Absolutely. I had such high hopes for a Ross-Brawn-helmed 2009 car that started development so early and offered the chance of a blank slate. It'd be a damn shame of Honda/Button/Brawn didn't get their chance to shine.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2379632)   #533
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those rain trail shots are great. Surely cause for optimism as far as getting cleaner air behind the car goes.

Also - quite a bit easier for the driver to see in the rain. Another positive - makes you realise how visibility decreases as downforce goes up.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2380742)   #534
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The FIA have released an interesting technical briefing about the 2009 regulations by none other than Charlie Whiting.

http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pre...f1_tech09.aspx

It may help to clear one or two points up for some of you.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2380874)   #535
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The word is that the new Redbull car is a 'stunner'.One to look out for this season methinks.
Based on the previous cars (much the same as each other) someone needs their head looking at.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2380879)   #536
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18
Based on the previous cars (much the same as each other) someone needs their head looking at.
Actually the new cars are quite different looking to each other (so far) when you compare them with last seasons look-alike cars.

But if you think that Mark Webber needs his head looking at,who am I to argue.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2380885)   #537
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, only slight changes. I mean, sure, it beats the last few seasons cars, but i'm sure you'll still here "Oh, they all look the same"
Old 27 Jan 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2380986)   #538
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, my, they all look the same ! They're F1 cars !
Old 27 Jan 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2380996)   #539
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
This season has been very refreshing in the "Gee, I wonder what their car looks like" and "Gosh, that solution looks a lot different than this other one" department.

And I'm even more eager to see how they'll in Melbourne and how they'll perform there!
Old 28 Jan 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2381396)   #540
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh that's very true. I think they're going to look fairly different. Unfortunately I don't think they'll look quite as plain (and nice) as some do now... :/

Selby
Old 28 Jan 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2381505)   #541
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's like a woman... you always can find her beauty somewhere, somehow...
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2381988)   #542
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Renault may be having problems with its 'ugly duckling'.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21145.html
Old 29 Jan 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2382097)   #543
LinkF1
Rookie

United States
Virginia, USA
LinkF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Those rain trail shots are great.
And extremely misleading. The sun was shining on the track at that point in time and it appears as if the sun went behind the clouds for the other shots.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2382141)   #544
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Oh really?

Selby
Old 29 Jan 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2382145)   #545
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Further to the above Renault story.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73051

GO WILLIAMS! (early days yet though)
Old 29 Jan 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2382184)   #546
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

He we go again...
Old 29 Jan 2009, 23:54 (Ref:2382373)   #547
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Back to basics.
And isn't that what F1 is all about?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2409248)   #548
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
A particularly good article explaining (with pictures ) the new aero rules.

http://www.f1technical.net/features/...8ff6cc046f7282