Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jul 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4168773)   #1551
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I wonder when we will see the Alpine or the Lamborghini on the track.
The true version is usually different from the excivision version.
I remember reading that the Alpine tests began on June 28, however we have not seen anything.
That was about testing the engine/powertrain, they were still designing the outer body by this time. Using the information that they were getting from Acura, Oreca could take their time with Alpine to engineer what would work best for them.

Unlike Porsche, who presently is Multimatic's only customer, and Isotta Fraschini, who had the help of Michelotto to design and build their LMH chassis.
Old 17 Jul 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4168776)   #1552
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be tough for Alpine, but at least they have started work. They need someone like ORECA to steer them in the right direction

It’s good we have so much variety in terms of makes and manufacturers, so everything is in safe hands atm
Old 17 Jul 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4168780)   #1553
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Check out the article at sportscar365.com, about how Doornan feels about hydrogen-powered protos. He has the same attitude about them as he did with LMDh, and is very bullish on them joining, especially if it involves manufacturers.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4169898)   #1554
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
C'mon Alfa, stop stalling...
Old 25 Jul 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4169916)   #1555
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"“In my mind, it’s going to be F1 or the WEC next. We are still considering both options”"

"“(We) shall enter a competition if we believe we can win. "

So not F1, then.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...programme.html
Old 25 Jul 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4169928)   #1556
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
"“In my mind, it’s going to be F1 or the WEC next. We are still considering both options”"

So not F1, then.

They weren't going to make an announcement at Le Mans Classic about an F1 programme were they. Let's hope it's only a brief pause.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4169934)   #1557
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

So not F1, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They weren't going to make an announcement at Le Mans Classic about an F1 programme were they. Let's hope it's only a brief pause.
Could it be the initial decision was set to use the Peugeot as a base, and now they aren't sure that is a good idea?
Old 25 Jul 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4169952)   #1558
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just fantasy:

Wouldn’t it be fun if the based it on Peugeot, but had a wing!
Old 26 Jul 2023, 02:43 (Ref:4169956)   #1559
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the ACO should have a favorable BOP for aspirated engines and good sounding cars!!!
This is how a good racing car should sound to me... watch the video after the first minute...
https://youtu.be/MPgq5Zz0ARM
Ferrari won Le Mans this year but for me the 333SP is much more iconic than the 499P
Old 26 Jul 2023, 02:55 (Ref:4169958)   #1560
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too love all that old stuff from the past.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 03:14 (Ref:4169959)   #1561
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The same thing happens to me, sorry for my bad english
I dream of a hydrogen aspirated V12!!!
Old 26 Jul 2023, 06:10 (Ref:4169964)   #1562
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The same thing happens to me, sorry for my bad english
I dream of a hydrogen aspirated V12!!!
https://youtu.be/qF3IYPGNOek

They should Garage 56 this thing

Last edited by Mike E; 26 Jul 2023 at 06:15.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4169968)   #1563
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
My former boss had several wonders in his stable, all in racing order bar the 33TT12 our own mechanic could never properly fix.
Before the 333:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_312_P and if you can do with the yellow rims (blue is better!):https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_(automobile)
As to have a "Peugeot with a wing", not sure… Or a rebadged one, under the Stellantis Motorsport banner?
Old 26 Jul 2023, 07:27 (Ref:4169969)   #1564
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Good idea. The shape of the rear end looks like an Auto Onion I think and the stickers make me think about the Schnitzer E24/635 CSI of '86 (Ravaglia/Berger/Pirro). Hope Porsche will bring back the strange deco, like "Burton" (934 #58 LM'77) and stop with the pink pig evokation.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4169997)   #1565
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://youtu.be/qF3IYPGNOek

Agreed. I saw it at the FOS and it's a seriously weird thing, a 'Le Monstre' for the modern times!
Old 26 Jul 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4169998)   #1566
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see innovation still around, we'll see how the project goes from here. No reason why it can't be accepted at LM
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4170014)   #1567
Mike E
Veteran

Unfortunately it's 20 years old and not going anywhere near a race track.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4170016)   #1568
Mike E
Veteran

The Lamborghini is alive

https://twitter.com/LamborghiniSC/st...12HCc63zQ&s=19
Old 26 Jul 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4170061)   #1569
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Listening to the latest TWISC it would appear that more manufacturers are coming - perhaps beyond Alfa.

I really think going forward WEC need to look at either a different, expanded freight arrangement and circuits that can cater for larger grids. All this talk about incoming GT3 manufacturers, but the amount of slots they're fighting for is surely going to continue reducing. The budgets are high as it is without having any medium-term certainty you'll remain on the grid.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4170087)   #1570
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've not listened to podcast yet but was having similar thoughts. I'm assuming that Qatar Airways are involved in the freight, would imagine if you said can you provide another plane as we have Mercedes and McLaren to freight as well they'd be accomodating. Fuji seems to get mentioned garage wise, from memory (long story) i'm pretty sure it had a long section of smaller unused units at pit out end of the pit lane.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4170165)   #1571
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just fantasy:

Wouldn’t it be fun if the based it on Peugeot, but had a wing!

Love it.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4170174)   #1572
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Listening to the latest TWISC it would appear that more manufacturers are coming - perhaps beyond Alfa.

I really think going forward WEC need to look at either a different, expanded freight arrangement and circuits that can cater for larger grids. All this talk about incoming GT3 manufacturers, but the amount of slots they're fighting for is surely going to continue reducing. The budgets are high as it is without having any medium-term certainty you'll remain on the grid.
maybe the ACO should think about 1 GT3 per brand instead of 2.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4170177)   #1573
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think if more Hypercar/GTPs come on they can spread the costs of second aircraft to open the field a bit more. Does anyone want 10 GTs and the rest hypercars? That might as well be single class racing
Old 27 Jul 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4170185)   #1574
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think if more Hypercar/GTPs come on they can spread the costs of second aircraft to open the field a bit more. Does anyone want 10 GTs and the rest hypercars? That might as well be single class racing
Looks like we will.end up with a C1 and C2 level of split?
Old 28 Jul 2023, 07:21 (Ref:4170200)   #1575
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
"whatever the fans of the discipline decide!" "The choice is the fans’!"

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/2020-...gulations/6000

As a reminder: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...-for-2024.html