Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1697986)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
To get an impression of the "new" Assen layout here's some coverage:
http://www.verstappen.nl/mmedia/jos_...demo_assen.wmv

Last edited by FIRE; 30 Aug 2006 at 20:23.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1698342)   #77
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
About Spykers...great if there are 3 of them. Only Ferraris and Porsches would be kinda boring. Now if there were more TVRs and they were competitive...
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1698377)   #78
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
About Spykers...great if there are 3 of them. Only Ferraris and Porsches would be kinda boring. Now if there were more TVRs and they were competitive...
The TVR at Donnington was a disgrace. Right now it's Porsche, Ferrari, Panoz and to a lesser extent Spyker that are competitive. That's two or maybe three up on how it was earlier this century.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1698411)   #79
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM
The TVR at Donnington was a disgrace. Right now it's Porsche, Ferrari, Panoz and to a lesser extent Spyker that are competitive. That's two or maybe three up on how it was earlier this century.
True the TVR was shockingly off the pace - although was mildly entertaining over the first couple of laps speculating as to how quickly it'd be lapped. That said, a TVR won at Spa last year, and in front of a British crowd there was a lot of home support for it - slow as it was. Exactly the same would have happened with Morgan or a Lotus had they shown up. Sure they don't have a hope of winning but their presence is great for the series.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1698428)   #80
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
True the TVR was shockingly off the pace - although was mildly entertaining over the first couple of laps speculating as to how quickly it'd be lapped. That said, a TVR won at Spa last year, and in front of a British crowd there was a lot of home support for it - slow as it was. Exactly the same would have happened with Morgan or a Lotus had they shown up. Sure they don't have a hope of winning but their presence is great for the series.
That was the LNT TVR though, they were heaps ahead of this one in pace last year. I wonder if it is the drivers that make the car so slow, although the preparation can't be very good either as most of the time it's in the pits with one problem or another.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1698574)   #81
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The two TVR's are different - LNT's "works" cars had aero and mechanical advances over the Peninsula car (and all other TVR's), hence why it was competitive on the international stage. It seemed to me like the Peninsula car was in the BGT-spec it has been since '02/'03..??

Shame at least one of the LNT cars wasn't passed on to Peninsula, as much as I love to see a British team running a TVR, it was awful to see them doing so badly...
Old 31 Aug 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1698639)   #82
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars have bad quality, thats why LNT switched to the Panoz and Peninsula is in the pits many times. LNT had the same problems last year
Old 31 Aug 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1698721)   #83
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
To get an impression of the "new" Assen layout here's some coverage:
http://www.verstappen.nl/mmedia/jos_...demo_assen.wmv
im all in favour of a race in Holland/Netherlands or most other countries in Europe to be honest esp if it replaces istanble or its and extra round.. But couldnt really tell to much from the footage on that link but the track looked quite twisty are there any good straights that will allow the protos to get past the unhelpfull GTs which was the only thing i could see was a problem at donington ?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 07:05 (Ref:1699054)   #84
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Dutch Supercar Challenge and German STT are driving there. Both have very different cars. Fastest DSC cars are modified Cup Viper, Cor Euser Marcos, modified V8Stars and DTM cars. Slowest cars are Cup Clios and some others.
Think it worked there, so why not with LMPs and GTs?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1699158)   #85
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
TVR is now a Russian car manufacturer , aint it ? Maybe the Trabant might be a better bet !!!
Old 1 Sep 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1699541)   #86
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Aston Martin is for sale at the moment maybe. If Ford realy sales it, I could bet someone from russia buys it too
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1699571)   #87
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard rumours that there is a Russian-backed London-based group of people: Society of Practical Engineering and Car Technology Research Enterprise (translation from the Russian)...who are interested in getting the details on Aston Martin with a veiw to bidding for the company. Apparently, they are not too bothered about performance balancing.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1700253)   #88
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
RfH tested with Michelin tires for 2007, see lmsr.net.
Sounds like Jan has the budget for 2007. Michelin tires are the most expensive choice, dont think that someone tests with this tires if he doesnt knows if the budget is fixed. Fastet lap was faster than the 2005 and 2006 LMS lap record (tested in Spa)!!!
Old 3 Sep 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1700512)   #89
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
RfH tested with Michelin tires for 2007, see lmsr.net.
Sounds like Jan has the budget for 2007. Michelin tires are the most expensive choice, dont think that someone tests with this tires if he doesnt knows if the budget is fixed. Fastet lap was faster than the 2005 and 2006 LMS lap record (tested in Spa)!!!
See for full report: www.janlammers.com

A surprise they tested Michelins tyres. The last few years they were one of the official Dunlop tyres.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 10:50 (Ref:1700580)   #90
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is great to see RfH out there preparing for 2007. Obviously Dome are making a new tub for the 2007 LMP1 regs for RfH to use.

You cannot compare lap times in a tyre test as the 1) pole times were set on tyres that had to also start the race (and complete a stint if not two stints), 2) the track was probably free of other cars and 3) did the car fully comply with the regs ie. weight, aero etc. Jan Lammers is also a bit of a lap 'junkie'.

Good to see him out there planning for 2007 but I would prefer to see him out in the last remaining races of 2006. If everyone did what he is doing, grid sizes would be negligible for the last couple of races.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1707052)   #91
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Corvette C6R for Luc Alphand next year:
http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=2583
Old 11 Sep 2006, 10:25 (Ref:1707768)   #92
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I have heard rumours that there is a Russian-backed London-based group of people: Society of Practical Engineering and Car Technology Research Enterprise (translation from the Russian)...who are interested in getting the details on Aston Martin with a veiw to bidding for the company. Apparently, they are not too bothered about performance balancing.
Their bid failed, as the BOND was too high
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1708172)   #93
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Corvette C6R for Luc Alphand next year:
http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=2583
Seems like the logical set after the sucess they had with the C5R at Le Mans this year.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1708890)   #94
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Swiss Spirit will be back despite losing the team manager to Peugeot...see http://feedmesportscars.com/node/1147

Anyone heard if Spyker is going to come back since they have purhcased MF1???
Old 12 Sep 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1709159)   #95
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thought i heard somewere that del bello noel were on the list for a porsche RS spyder next year or was it just me being crazy again lol

hopefully maybe we can get a few of the new courage LC75's and a porsche RS spyder perhaps a audi R10 would not go a miss either maybe we could see one of the peugeouts attending the dress rehearsel at spa 1000km for lemans now that would be good
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1709191)   #96
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
frankly, an audi r10 would be a pile of s**t for the series if the regs weren't equalised- i have to say i'm a big opposer of the way ACO seem to love diesel- the diesel engines are developing 100 bhp more, and if that were two petrol engines, there would be restrictors by now.
porsches would be cool
i can't see works spykers being back, no.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1709195)   #97
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
thought i heard somewere that del bello noel were on the list for a porsche RS spyder next year or was it just me being crazy again lol

hopefully maybe we can get a few of the new courage LC75's and a porsche RS spyder perhaps a audi R10 would not go a miss either maybe we could see one of the peugeouts attending the dress rehearsel at spa 1000km for lemans now that would be good
There will be no customer Porsche Spyder's running at the start of next year. Perhaps post LM orders might be taken, but not yet.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1709221)   #98
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wasnt there a rumour about Belmondo running an LC65 with bio fuel for next year ?

Happy to hear that Swiss Spirit will not be effected by their manager heading for Peugeot . Cant wait to see what they will do next year .

Im disapointed at the thought of Spyker heading for F1 , but there may be a couple of privateer Spykers about next year though , as mentioned in some other thread .
Old 13 Sep 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1709789)   #99
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
frankly, an audi r10 would be a pile of s**t for the series if the regs weren't equalised- i have to say i'm a big opposer of the way ACO seem to love diesel- the diesel engines are developing 100 bhp more, and if that were two petrol engines, there would be restrictors by now.
porsches would be cool
i can't see works spykers being back, no.
dont worry i absolutely detest the audi R10 and everything diesel im very anti diesel and personally i feel diesel is for the road not for the race track but a audi R10 would be quite good for the series would add a bit more variety and next year there will be the new KWM built creation CA07H coupe's which should be pretty damn good and pescarolo may have a new car or unfortunetly they may not be back at all, (this better not happen lol)

maybe we can see some more familiar faces from other forms of racing like tom chilton from the BTCC in 2005 that was a face anyone could recognise or rather hair anyone could recognise lol

and maybe next year sebastien loeb might do a few races in the lemans series instead of just doing lemans 24 hours we can all dream and i could also hope allan mcnish makes a return to europe and the lemans series
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1709820)   #100
The Badger
Veteran

I thought the Creation Coupe wasnt until 2008 ?

Diesel is for field work .

I thought it was certain that Henri will be back again next year ?