Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2003, 20:26 (Ref:678933)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plato

I was at Rockingham today and Jason Plato was interview by Alan Hyde and he said that the winner of the Seat Coupra Championship would be his team mate next year - now does that mean what I think it means - Seat to the BTCC?

Now the way I understand the prize of the said championship is the the winner gets a work' ride in the ETCC or have Seat changed there mine and are going to run in the BTCC instead............
Old 3 Aug 2003, 20:49 (Ref:678945)   #2
joey1
Racer

joey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if so, surely the winner could make quite a case in court undersome sort of descriptions act???
Old 3 Aug 2003, 21:17 (Ref:678968)   #3
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its Plato and the Winner to SEAT in ETCC so I understand.
Old 3 Aug 2003, 21:47 (Ref:678987)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit silly to win a flat in Monaco and race in the BTCC
Old 3 Aug 2003, 23:38 (Ref:679090)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless I've missed something it hasn't been confirmed until now that Plato would be a Seat work's driver in 2004.

Remember next years prize of an ETCC drive was with Seat UK - I wouldn't say it'd be too difficult to place the winner in the fully works Seat team from Spain.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 16:14 (Ref:679735)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
yes hadnt been confirmed, at least up until yesterday but pretty much taken as read since the first test at Rockingham back in April.

My understanding is that in 04 there will be two Seat Sport UK( Northern South) cars (possibly this years cars updated?) and two Seat Sport Spain cars
Old 4 Aug 2003, 19:15 (Ref:679864)   #7
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by andy_b
My understanding is that in 04 there will be two Seat Sport UK( Northern South) cars (possibly this years cars updated?) and two Seat Sport Spain cars
And maybe one Toledo more for Spanish privateer team. They wanted to run ETCC this season but finally they didn´t get the budget.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 21:01 (Ref:679933)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
thanks E46, wasnt aware of that. Am I correct in saying there are already four chassis, or were the devlopemnt cars at the start of the season different chassis?
Old 4 Aug 2003, 22:16 (Ref:679990)   #9
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you have reason, there are four Seat Toledo. But I have my doubts on a possible fifth car, possible one for Team Elias and would be Seat Sport test-car . But really I am not sure on this last one.