Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1593359)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...Video of the Porsche incident at Pukekohe...

...and a bonus .... footage of the Bowe crash and the injury to Mark Wensley.

click on the links..........

***linky***

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1593364)   #2
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just adding watch both video's.

How come that NZ tv station's can put up video and our mighty tv stations have nothing that I can find (stand to be corrected). ****** **** poor.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 03:06 (Ref:1593370)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
retro its probably because its in NZ. its is the same in most sports, you promote what is local. unless it is an international sport like cricket
Old 24 Apr 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1593564)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice on the second video the reporters say the Porsche "flew" over the safety fence - a bit of an exaggeration. Of course if the fence was a bit higher or had an angled top section it may not have gone over.

I bet a few more photographers jump out the way of an out of control car rather than staying to get the photos now too!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 06:11 (Ref:1594311)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
...and a bonus .... footage of the Bowe crash and the injury to Mark Wensley.
That would be Scott Wensley....
Old 25 Apr 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1594316)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
That would be Scott Wensley....
It was a secret test and your the only one that passed.

Old 25 Apr 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1594319)   #7
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
It was a secret test and your the only one that passed.
What do I win????!!!!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 06:55 (Ref:1594325)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pook-a-ko-hey...

..a bit different to Aussies saying Puke-a-kowie..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Apr 2006, 07:08 (Ref:1594331)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
What do I win????!!!!
I will post you a link tomorrow for the Panelbeaters episode that is on Wed night.

Old 25 Apr 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1594473)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How come that NZ tv station's can put up video and our mighty tv stations have nothing that I can find
TVNZ would have been doing all the coverage for the meeting,they showed most of the other races on Sunday here too.
They also led the news that night with the shock, horror, some guy broke his leg lets ban racing crap journalism they usually do too.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1594513)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Pook-a-ko-hey...

..a bit different to Aussies saying Puke-a-kowie..
or as 888 said last year on their t shirt poke a kiwi
Old 26 Apr 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1595325)   #12
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's just a dangerous track that needs its Armco fencing replaced by concrete.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 05:43 (Ref:1595937)   #13
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re the "Ban Pukekohe" wave of histeria out there at present. I have just read some opinionated journalism by a Brett Murray in the Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday calling for the circuit to be stripped from the V8 calendar due to it being unsafe - what crap. It is funny how everyone becomes an armchair expert after a major accident though....

I am told (by people who should know) that most of the armco posts along the pit straight were checked and replaced where necessary when the new 2nd tier catch fencing was installed (thankfully) so the timber posts behind the armco barrier should have been OK, not "affected by the elements" as Brett suggested.

Now, lets look at the facts :

Firstly, Pukekohe passed an International track inspection, it is deemed safe by those who should know what they are talking about but motor racing will never be 100% predictably safe will it ? If Dean Fulford's Porsche accident had happened on say the front straight of Queensland raceway Dean would have either harmlessly cartwheeled across the infield (and possibly into the path of cars coming down the infield straight) OR flown directly over the concrete wall and straight into the V8 pits as there is no catch fencing at all ! Now THAT is a scary thought !!!!!!!!!!

It is virtually the same at every track in Australia so I think Pukekohe should score some points with the installed catch fencing - dont you ?

Secondly, heaven forbid what would have happened if the poor photographer had been close enough to be hit by a concrete barrier instead of a piece of timber from a 200mm tanalised post breaking under the sheer ferocity of a 1300kg V8 race car hitting it hard..... I also understand the photographer did have a sprained ankle at the time and 'may' have not been able to move as quickly as he had wanted when he saw the accident happening.....

Either way, despite Pukekohe not looking as new as some circuits it is a high speed challenging circuit that has good points and bad, like any other circuit, and the organisers try hard to predict where the next accident may happen and plan for it with increased safety features in that area......

By the way I am told by eye witnesses at the scene of J Bowe's accident that cars dont turn sharp left when the throttle jams open which makes one think there was more to it than just a stuck throttle.....
Old 27 Apr 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1596083)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
speedygirl.....Skaife and co spoke about the track at the Sunday press conference which you can view at the link and they don't have a problem with it.

http://bigpondguide.com/V001_3

Old 28 Apr 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1596671)   #15
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon (the VESA Parrot) Lomas in the Courier Mail yesterday;

Quote:
So how is it that Pukekohe, an extremely fast 2.8km seven-turn circuit, which is a few decades old, can pass FIA safety inspections?

There is the possibility that it is a compromise in order for New Zealand to continue to have a round of the Australian V8 Championship Series.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1596855)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl
Re the "Ban Pukekohe" wave of histeria out there at present. I have just read some opinionated journalism by a Brett Murray in the Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday calling for the circuit to be stripped from the V8 calendar due to it being unsafe - what crap. It is funny how everyone becomes an armchair expert after a major accident though....

I am told (by people who should know) that most of the armco posts along the pit straight were checked and replaced where necessary when the new 2nd tier catch fencing was installed (thankfully) so the timber posts behind the armco barrier should have been OK, not "affected by the elements" as Brett suggested.

Now, lets look at the facts :

Firstly, Pukekohe passed an International track inspection, it is deemed safe by those who should know what they are talking about but motor racing will never be 100% predictably safe will it ? If Dean Fulford's Porsche accident had happened on say the front straight of Queensland raceway Dean would have either harmlessly cartwheeled across the infield (and possibly into the path of cars coming down the infield straight) OR flown directly over the concrete wall and straight into the V8 pits as there is no catch fencing at all ! Now THAT is a scary thought !!!!!!!!!!

It is virtually the same at every track in Australia so I think Pukekohe should score some points with the installed catch fencing - dont you ?

Secondly, heaven forbid what would have happened if the poor photographer had been close enough to be hit by a concrete barrier instead of a piece of timber from a 200mm tanalised post breaking under the sheer ferocity of a 1300kg V8 race car hitting it hard..... I also understand the photographer did have a sprained ankle at the time and 'may' have not been able to move as quickly as he had wanted when he saw the accident happening.....

Either way, despite Pukekohe not looking as new as some circuits it is a high speed challenging circuit that has good points and bad, like any other circuit, and the organisers try hard to predict where the next accident may happen and plan for it with increased safety features in that area......

By the way I am told by eye witnesses at the scene of J Bowe's accident that cars dont turn sharp left when the throttle jams open which makes one think there was more to it than just a stuck throttle.....
I presume you know who the writer actually is?? And how many years he has been following the series in his role as communications manager as a member of the strongest Ford team in recent years.

I somehow think Mr Murray would have outstanding access to the right types of people, whose opinions might be similar to those in the newspaper... interesting types like V8Supercar series champions, young up and comers with racing experience all round the world, some older dudes with racing experience in many other countries... and so on....
Old 28 Apr 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1596945)   #17
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So would Mr Murray be trying to protect the Qld Raceway round by bagging NZ? Worried that the Townsville Street Race will replace this one instead of that?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1597236)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not when there will be 14 genuine rounds in 2007, and no AGP support...
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1597242)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that a fact yet though??
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1597256)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It was reported in the motorsport press this week... as almost a 'given' not something new and exciting, so it must be close to it..
Old 29 Apr 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1597261)   #21
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
umm is this considered another nz motorsport or not?

just wondering
Old 29 Apr 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1597265)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax
umm is this considered another nz motorsport or not?

just wondering
It is V8Supercar running in NZ... not the NZ series
Old 29 Apr 2006, 00:40 (Ref:1597271)   #23
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
gt3 supercars?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1597283)   #24
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Is that a fact yet though??
There was a press release of some sort the other day..can't remember where it is now??

Old 1 May 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1598623)   #25
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with regard to Mr Wensleys fractured leg via the John Bowe accident; that section was sealed off to the public. Scott Wensley is a professional photographer, and he knows the risks involved in shooting motorsport. Thats why he was standing there, basically looking down the front straight. It's got nothing to do with any safety issues at the track, beocz the organisers were not allowing the public into that area. So please don't go blaming the ancient venue of Pukekohe for his damaged shin bone.