Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 18 Sep 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2017389)   #76
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
It's hard to tell the direction:

Laguna Seca to San Jose and back to Laguna Seca
Montreal to Mont Tremblant
LVMS to downtown Las Vegas (and I might add, a big ? for '08)
Denver to history
Phoenix stillborn
Road America on and off and on
China, well, who knows...or cares?
Ansan, stillborn
Street race discussions for Manchester, England and Hannover, Germany to 2 European permanent circuits and trying to be four European permanent circuits.
Houston ??????????????
Portland ??????????????? (only if needed to fill out the schedule...but it's been continuously needed.)
And now you are going to ask us what is the 'purpose of CC?'
Old 19 Sep 2007, 01:41 (Ref:2017539)   #77
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone think that with the need for stable north american venues there could be motivation to return to a couple of ovals.

Maybe Milwaulkee, Iowa, Michigan now that they have lost the 500/400 ? I understand that the CC and ISC arent really best of friends the return of the 500 would be awesome.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 03:30 (Ref:2017565)   #78
Tony Clifton
Racer

Tony Clifton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michigan the last 5 years or so CCWS ran there did not have very good attendance. IRL did nit have great attendance either.
Milwaukee did the same. Had great attendance prior to the split, after the split did ok for a couple of years then it REALLY died attendance wise after CART went BK.

Iowa, who knows. If it is an ISC track NO GO for CCWS.

The other problem is the Panoz chassis is not rated for oval track use.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 03:52 (Ref:2017568)   #79
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was the Panoz for or not for ovals ever confirmed definitely, as I remember alot of noise going both ways on the argument.

Time to mend some bridges with the ISC
Old 19 Sep 2007, 05:08 (Ref:2017585)   #80
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right, D.R.T. There were a lot of statements made about the DP-01 and ovals. CC said they could be adapted -- although there was no kit to do so because there are no ovals on the CC schedule. The IRL has looked at it and the stuff that kinda comes out is they're not interested. For one thing, the FIA is either mandating or recommending a 21-inch cockpit opening for open-wheel cars by 2009 for easier extraction in case of accident. Both the DP-01 and the IRL cars are 19 inches and the IRL intends to go to the 21 inches with its next gen car.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 08:59 (Ref:2017686)   #81
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So IC further problems for CC with the FIA in the future?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2017748)   #82
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really know, luke, because I don't know how this rule or recommendation works. It's probably for the next generation of cars for everybody and may not apply to the DP-01, but to the next one. Then it may involve insurance or certification. Hard to tell. If CC is going to run afoul of the FIA again, I'd guess it'd have to do with some international events as they develop. (We all know what Bernie is capable of.)
Old 19 Sep 2007, 14:33 (Ref:2017972)   #83
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Maybe I was unclear in my previous post about Mosport. I concur that CC could run there as the track is. F1 no.
The only thing is, as long as the Toronto race is on, I doubt they would also run at Mosport as it is less than 20 miles from the eastern edge of the GTA and only about 70 miles from downtown. You would be drawing from the same fan base and I doubt you could draw well to two stand alone races. There is also a weather problem fitting 2 dates in. TO runs in early July for a reason. Even late May can be nasty and this last weekend the high was about 15C. The low was 5C. ( todays high 28C!) The ALMS runs Mosport in mid to late Aug.
I have seen snow at Mosport in late May and early Oct. It also can be beautiful from early May to late Oct!
That said a co-date with ALMS in Aug. might work as they are already drawing 30 to 40 thousand.
I believe Steelback Breweries are already involved with Mosport as well as the Toronto race.