Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

View Poll Results: Will you still race at Lydden, bearing in mind entry fees will be higher in 2009?
Yes 24 40.68%
No 23 38.98%
Once only 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Nov 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2343457)   #126
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It doesn't matter how much we all whinge, prices will keep going up and we will keep paying them. Even if those of us who race now decide to vote with our wallets there will always be the new racers who will accept it as the norm.
The only way to force prices down will be to vote with your feet, or wheels, and not race and then we can look forward to more housing estates where we used to race.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2343468)   #127
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Big Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unfortunately your right but Brands and Lydden are my closest tracks (30 Min's most to either) but by the time you add the extra fuel cost to going to Silverstone say, it makes lydden look appealing to a very skint (budding) racer that lives in the middle of Kent

J J J Jemma
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2343480)   #128
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why are you all so sure prices will go up I would have thought that very unlikely in the current climate as I believe there will be a lot less people willing to spend their hard earned on this sport next season.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2343489)   #129
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Al, I'm not so sure about that as I believe that if you still have a job then nothing has changed. The biggest problem we have at the moment is the media playing everything up and creating a financial frenzy.
I admit to falling into the trap myself as I seriously look at what I am spending my money on at the moment even though I have a job, my salary hasn't changed and apart from £69 on my credit card I have no debts. The biggest headache I have is that I need anew bed but don't want to go and pay for one in case the store goes bust before it is delivered.

Maybe by the beginning of next season when everything has settled down and we all know what's happening then things may be a little less uncertain and we'll be a tad more free with our spending.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2343502)   #130
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
The biggest headache I have is that I need anew bed but don't want to go and pay for one in case the store goes bust before it is delivered.
Buy secondhand then

J J J Jemma
Old 28 Nov 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2343513)   #131
phansa88
Racer

England
gravesend
phansa88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
your lucky i spend half my time sleeping on the couch as the wife snoresssssss
Old 28 Nov 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2343554)   #132
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansa88
Old 28 Nov 2008, 23:21 (Ref:2343603)   #133
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansa88
That's why I need a new bed.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2343607)   #134
Copperbottom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
That's why I need a new bed.
When my wife snores I find that a pillow or two over her face helps
Old 29 Nov 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2343721)   #135
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
should we keep to the thread?
Old 29 Nov 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2343733)   #136
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave
well I'm scraping the barrel real hard so I will be racing where ever its cheapest and if that means short track no showers etc thats where you will still find me (I hope)
I know how you feel Dave but you dont know how I feel this morning,i feel I have been in a barrel and scraped its bottom.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 29 Nov 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2343736)   #137
Copperbottom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris
should we keep to the thread?
Oops
Old 29 Nov 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2343856)   #138
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just voted.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2343865)   #139
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
I know how you feel Dave but you dont know how I feel this morning,i feel I have been in a barrel and scraped its bottom.
After you were dancing and doing a striptease in front of all those nice men last night I wonder who's bottom was scraped

Pictures will follow
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2343911)   #140
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
someone else needs to vote look at the results its a draw at the mo

J J J Jemma
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2343918)   #141
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The biggest headache I have is that I need anew bed but don't want to go and pay for one in case the store goes bust before it is delivered.
Err you mean like what has just happened to me, gave some arses £3380 for a big printing machine they said they had in stock now they tell me they never had it and they are going into liquidation but won't tell me the name of the liguidator.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2343927)   #142
Big Dave
Racer

England
Gillingham
what a bummer!!

J J J Jemma
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2343929)   #143
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
You should be able to find that easily enough Al, I'd start at companies house or their bank. You didn't give them cash did you? Say you didn't please.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2343930)   #144
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave
someone else needs to vote look at the results its a draw at the mo
It will only let me vote NO once
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2343938)   #145
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have done all that Tim and have also downloaded the full company details and the same directors are directors of at least 4 other companies running from the same premises I also have an alert in place that will tell me the moment they liquidate but I don't think they intend to. I believe they will wind the company down and simply transfer my money to another company.

I have also reported them to the Cannock Police, the DTI and the trading standards office who are of the opinion they have broken company laws and have definitely acted fraudulently and they are currently investigating them with a view to prosecution especially as the law was changed earlier in the year to stop just this sort of thing. I am hoping they will lose their limited liablity protection then I can sue the husband and wife directors.

I paid by BACS and before anyone says as many have 'Oh you should have paid by credit card you would have been protected by the consumer credit act', not so as it was a business to business transaction and I got this from the horses mouth without any prompting, i.e. the trading standards officier. BTW sorry to hijack I needed to get it off my chest!
Old 29 Nov 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2343957)   #146
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Sorry to hear all that Al and agreed that your credit card wouldn't be protected in a business transaction. I think this is half the problem with consumer confidence, people wont spend money in this way as they are **** scared of losing it this way. This is probably why MFI has failed, I for one need a couple of cupboards to match my kitchen but wouldn't put any large deposit down-so they wont supply, Catch 22 and all that.

Now back to topic please if we can. Let's not get like them historic racer types constantly hijacking threads
Old 29 Nov 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2344042)   #147
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ain't that a fact!
Old 30 Nov 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2344152)   #148
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now back to topic please if we can. Let's not get like them historic racer types constantly hijacking threads [/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Al or his car Tim.

Back on thread,it wasnt me who did the stripteas,honest,but yes all things being equal as long as Lydden still offers value for money I will race there,I hope(havent taken my medical yet).It all depends on whether the organising clubs can make a go of it,no one is going to make a loss,in this day and age you cannot expect one meeting to offset another,Lydden has always been a clubie circuit and no matter how much you spend on it it will always be that.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 30 Nov 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2344213)   #149
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is another thing: how many marshals will go there next year, as there are "problems" for them as well. Nothing to do with increased entryfees but with owner behaviour. Semsec will hardly feel it, but other clubs?
I, for one, will be scaling back at Lydden.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2344261)   #150
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one am looking at my options for 2009.