Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Dec 2001, 23:47 (Ref:189232)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans videos

How many Le Mans review videos are there and for which years are they available? Is there a video with a history of Le Mans?
Old 24 Dec 2001, 14:37 (Ref:189396)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Basically one each year, Paul, but I can only speak for '86 on. I've got two for 87 (Duke and Sportseen) and one for each subsequent year. There are history vids available, I've got:-

The History of Le Mans (Britannica Sport). This takes the story up to 1991. I think it was subsequenbtly re-released 2 or 3 years ago.

Also, one of my favourites is

A Fast Drive In the Country (Virgin Video). Narrated by James Coburn. Which goes up to the Group C era and has footage of the Jag win in '88 added on. Its now 13 years old, and I haven't seen it in the shops for a long time.
Old 24 Dec 2001, 14:40 (Ref:189398)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh and if you can find it, there's also this little gem:-

The Bentley Drviers Club Le Mans 70th Anniversary Tour. The story of the visit of 128 vintage Bentleys to Le Mans in 1997, when they were allowed to do 3 laps of the track a few hours before the start of that year's race. It's smashing stuff. And I picked it up for £2.99 in a bargain bin!!

Old 24 Dec 2001, 14:48 (Ref:189401)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now I'm off and running......

Another goodie to look out for is

The Gulf/Wyer GT40s & 917s in Action. Two films in one. The second being the story of the 1970 season with John Wyer's fabulous 917's and some vintage interviews with the likes of Siffert and Rodriguez.

The first is the story of the Gulf GT40s at Le Mans in 1968. Which includes an in-car lap of the circuit with commentary by Stirling Moss. Great stuff.

It was released by Terrific Stuff Videos. I bought it about 6-7 years ago and have no idea if it's still available.
Old 24 Dec 2001, 19:23 (Ref:189438)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info there!

Seems like a matter of looking around and seeing what I can find.
Old 24 Dec 2001, 22:22 (Ref:189484)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. But your best bet is to have a good close look at the Duke site.

(And if I can drag myself away from here in the next few days, I will sort out those two tapes I promised you yonks ago!!).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Dec 2001 at 22:23.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 15:43 (Ref:194913)   #7
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great tape to get hold of is 'La Ronde Infernale' it covers Le Mans 1969 it has some great driver interviews and also some superb track action.

Definatley one not to be missed if like me you didn't have a chance of seeing these cars in their true enviroment.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 20:24 (Ref:195717)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Abs
Another great tape to get hold of is 'La Ronde Infernale' it covers Le Mans 1969 it has some great driver interviews and also some superb track action.
Yep, I've been meaning to pick that one up for quite a while. Just right for watching with a beer and some steak and kidney, eh?

(Sorry Abs, I've only just realised you're a "pie eater" - welcome!).
Old 8 Jan 2002, 20:29 (Ref:195721)   #9
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for the kind welcome, it seems I am the only Pie Eater on here at the moment, I have told the others about the forum and they have all said they will be passing by from time to time.