Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3102610)   #26
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
However, unlike in 2010, Radio Le Mans won't be covering this year's event
No nissans on the starting grid?

Will any other TV station show the event?
Old 5 Jul 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3102612)   #27
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
No nissans on the starting grid?

Will any other TV station show the event?
Hehe

Seriously speaking, regarding to the absence of RLM, here are some direct quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve Hewitt
-- despite being invited by the Patrick Peter organisation to reprise our coverage from two years ago, the lack of support from within the classic community means we won't be covering Le Mans Classic. There is no time now to get an FM licence for the event and someone would need to come on board pretty quickly for us to be able to put together an online service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
-- we reach a massive audience away from the track as well - indeed many more time that at the event.... sadly a fact that seems to have passed those likely to fund the event by... We took a chance on this two years ago and financed the whole broadcast ourselves - we would have loved to have been there.
Also, there will be no other TV coverage [that I know of], but then again this is Le Mans Classic, a historic event for enthuastics and thus it is not too suprising that it never gets any proper coverage or attention. That's why this sudden burst of some (allegedly) live broadcasting on Motors is fantastic!

I guess there might or might not also be a highlight package of some sort on Skysport or something later on but people on the other side of the pond shouldn't be too hopeful
Old 7 Jul 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3103497)   #28
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV coverage of the LM Classic is dire, absolutely appalling. Interview after interview with no reporting of what is happening on the track. Alain De Cadenent doesn't even know who he's interviewing and looks like a rabbit caught in headlights.

It was bad two years ago but this is even worse. Talk about amateur night....
and now, as I type, picture and sound have been lost.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3103558)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
From what I gather the coverage was a talk-show or a round table discussion with a few, brief shots of the action as an afterthought. Whatever it was it wasn't coverage of a race meeting more of a fan-forum done on a shoe string.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3104159)   #30
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now then. Apologies for not making the Saturday lunchtime meetup, we took one look at the RobDog prices in the circuit food concession stands on Friday that we all went into the city for Saturday lunch at the Legends Café.

Otherwise it was a great event. I'm done my back in since returning from the 24hrs, so walking about hurts like hell, so I didn't get to wander about as much as I would have liked.

It was remarked within our group that the campsite was how we remembered the 24hrs camping was like back in the '90s when we first attended, loads of sportscars and classics.

Also, we left around 1pm yesterday (after the final Grid-6 race) so got home at a decent hour which makes today a viable workday without being over-tired.

Definitely want to go back in 2014.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3104559)   #31
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
A big thanks to Simon GT6 for suggesting the lunchtime meeting and to Eric Batmobile for making it a threesome.
Even bigger thanks to Eric for all the companionship over the weekend.

Other notable moments over the weekend:
1. Bumping into Derek Bell at Hotel de France in la Chartre sur Loir and having a chat.
2. Finding Emanuele Pirro stranded in the paddock with a stalled GT40 and no team support. He asked me to find the team and ask for help, so the "chat" was short.
Interesting to note that few if any of the crowd passing by seemed to realize that the worried looking guy by the GT40 was a five times Le Mans 24 Hours winner.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3104629)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Back home and missing Le mans already, great to meet Christopher and Eric on the saturday and earl (smokeystove) several times. The event was as expected a little wet but the cars and people were brilliant, for all those that regret the changes over the last years at the main event then they should sample the classic they will not regret it.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3104636)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
sorry forgot to add

Congratulations to Roger Wills and his team a fine effort will all 4 cars and a result you can be proud of
Old 11 Jul 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3105172)   #34
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It indeed sounds like an event that we've dearly missed. The two times I've attended, I'll never forget for it being the Goodwood festival of Speed at Le Mans (speakin' of the FoS 10 to 15 years ago...).

Great atmosphere, fantastic array of marvelous cars and the genuine feeling of living the Le Mans legend.

Hope to be there sometime over the next few years.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3105308)   #35
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it was a great moment of historic races and lot of pleasure to walk among all theese clubs showing their treasures.
We had a very small meeting Christopher, Simon and I but a long discussion around a drink.
waiting for next edition now.