Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Sep 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3134453)   #1
ibbylemans
Rookie

ibbylemans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hotels and transport to/from circuit

Hi, can anyone give me some advice please on hotels and transport to/from circuit? Thanks, ibby.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3134781)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Hotels I know nothing about, only a remark posted here somewhere that a few hours after the change of dates was announced, all rooms were taken already!
So best of luck with that.

Transport on the other hand I know something about: the tramway is excellent!
Homepage of tramway:
http://www.setram.fr

Map of tramway (click on it to zoom in):
http://www.setram.fr/carte/index.php?verif=1

Take the tram to Antares and get off at Antares or the stop just before that.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3135497)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Hotels I know nothing about, only a remark posted here somewhere that a few hours after the change of dates was announced, all rooms were taken already!
So best of luck with that.

Transport on the other hand I know something about: the tramway is excellent!
Homepage of tramway:
http://www.setram.fr

Map of tramway (click on it to zoom in):
http://www.setram.fr/carte/index.php?verif=1

Take the tram to Antares and get off at Antares or the stop just before that.
Tip: when going back into town go to Antares where the trams start as they are often full by the time they get to the 2nd stop (guetteloup)
Old 13 Sep 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3135501)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbylemans View Post
Hi, can anyone give me some advice please on hotels and transport to/from circuit? Thanks, ibby.
The best hotels are called campsites - not 5 star but there are bars is every room and racing cars in the garden; no-ensuite facilities though and the roof leaks if it rains
Old 13 Sep 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3135592)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Plus the added advantage of some campsites is that during saturday night if you wake up with a full bladder you can have a P while watching the cars go round.
Oh yes the gentle sound of rain falling on the tent roof usually helps me sleep as well
Old 13 Sep 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3135593)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Plus the added advantage of some campsites is that during saturday night if you wake up with a full bladder you can have a P while watching the cars go round.
Oh yes the gentle sound of rain falling on the tent roof usually helps me sleep as well
You sure you didn't get those two things mixed up there Simon......?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3138264)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You sure you didn't get those two things mixed up there Simon......?
Simon, when we have a dry race next year (which we of course do, right Ayse?) just call, and i'll help make the rain effect! (which will prevent that i get my chair stolen again, when at Tetre Rouge )
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3138463)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Something stolen in TR campsite? not heard of any things being stolen for years, mostly due to the age of campers there, they are either asleep in their chairs or to drunk to move far. Seriously the campsite is usually totally safe, we leave our camping area with all the chairs,tables cooking stuff and supples and have never lost anything in the past 15 years
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3138469)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Something stolen in TR campsite? not heard of any things being stolen for years, mostly due to the age of campers there, they are either asleep in their chairs or to drunk to move far. Seriously the campsite is usually totally safe, we leave our camping area with all the chairs,tables cooking stuff and supples and have never lost anything in the past 15 years
Well, it wasn't at the campsite itself, but at the Toilets at the gate.
I was set up at Tetre Rouge (the corner, not camp) at around 3 in the night, when i needed to pee badly, so i went to the Toilet at the gate close to TR corner and camp. I placed my Chair at the outside as i went in, but when i came out, it was gone. I asked the security at the gate (very close to the toilet) if they had seen it, but didn't understand anything, not even when i played charades with them
Old 19 Sep 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3138579)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Something stolen in TR campsite? not heard of any things being stolen for years, mostly due to the age of campers there, they are either asleep in their chairs or to drunk to move far.
Or if you're Simon - both!
Old 19 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3138631)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
know that is not fair, I spend a lot of time in the campsite walking around talking to people and accepting their hospitality I don't just sit there getting drunk I spread myself around the campsite with the same result