Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Apr 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4044403)   #126
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
69 year old Mark Patterson in the Algarve Pro reserve. I'm going to ask if I can be the third driver - to add some youth to the line-up.....
Blimey he is old enough to get the astra zeneca jab in France, well this week anyway, next week it could be back to being only the under 65's they way macron keeps changing his mind.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4044415)   #127
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
4 car reserve list

No Dragonspeed LMP1

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-24-hours.html
No 3rd Glickenhaus either.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4044449)   #128
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How likely was the 3rd Glickenhaus though?
Old 3 Apr 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4044454)   #129
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
How likely was the 3rd Glickenhaus though?
No idea ...

Old 3 Apr 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4044464)   #130
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the Le Mans entry so far is down yes as far as Pro classes go. I guess its easier to focus on the players who are there. By my count its essentially 14 cars..... 5 cars in LMH, the LMP2 class leader, whomever that is throughout the race to track overall position vs LMH), 7 GTE Pro cars, the GTE Am leader, to track overall position vs GTEPro.

I think Weathertech Porsche winning Sebring made things more interesting now. Clearly Matt Campbell and Mathiew Jaminet can compete with the best GTE Pro drivers. Cooper was good enough to keep it on the lead lap during his stints and benefit from safety cars. Le Mans safety car system I don't believe is as generous as IMSA's is. If I am not mistaken if you fall more than a 1/3 of a lap behind the class leader you won't be able to close the gaps anymore?
Old 3 Apr 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4044480)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I think Weathertech Porsche winning Sebring made things more interesting now. Clearly Matt Campbell and Mathiew Jaminet can compete with the best GTE Pro drivers. Cooper was good enough to keep it on the lead lap during his stints and benefit from safety cars. Le Mans safety car system I don't believe is as generous as IMSA's is. If I am not mistaken if you fall more than a 1/3 of a lap behind the class leader you won't be able to close the gaps anymore?
I think Jaminet will be a good bet for a LM drive with Weathertech but Campbell has a full-season WEC ride already with Proton-Dempsey.

Cooper's drive-time will have to be increased at Le Mans vs the Sebring bare minimum and as you say, the safety cars won't be handing out as many gifts.

I have to say I'm not usually among the forum members complaining about the 'specness' of it all. But after having my first serious look at the entry the other day it's just getting increasingly disappointing. I think there's enough driving talent in P2 to get excited about who is first Oreca, but new P2 regs can't come soon enough at this point.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4044486)   #132
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think Jaminet will be a good bet for a LM drive with Weathertech but Campbell has a full-season WEC ride already with Proton-Dempsey.

Cooper's drive-time will have to be increased at Le Mans vs the Sebring bare minimum and as you say, the safety cars won't be handing out as many gifts.

I have to say I'm not usually among the forum members complaining about the 'specness' of it all. But after having my first serious look at the entry the other day it's just getting increasingly disappointing. I think there's enough driving talent in P2 to get excited about who is first Oreca, but new P2 regs can't come soon enough at this point.
Driving talent yes since traditional GT drivers are going to protos this year for the first time for many of them. I have never been interested in LMP2 at all though. The specness and the size of it makes it even worse. All that interests me is how the LMP2 class leader is in the overall standings compared to the LMH cars. Only in 2017 did P2 ever got my attention for obvious reasons to those who knows what happened at Le Mans that year.

GTE Am has not been interesting since the Keating Ford GT was there to win it. I consider them the real winners still by the way! Fleet of AFP's only? (aston, fer, por)...will pass on that. GTE Pro despite it's small size is enough to sustain my interest. You can get lots of good diverse GT3 grids throughout the year that has Aston, Ferrari, and Porsches already and much much more. So yeah GTE Am has no interest to me this year.
Old 3 Apr 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4044508)   #133
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
I thought the rumours were putting Vanthoor and Bamber in the Weathertech Porsche.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4044538)   #134
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I thought the rumours were putting Vanthoor and Bamber in the Weathertech Porsche.
That does sound familiar.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 07:31 (Ref:4044539)   #135
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
...new P2 regs can't come soon enough at this point.
What are the chances of BoP arriving in LMP2? With a development freeze we will just end up with everyone in the same car again, new regs or not.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4044555)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully we don't get BoP in LMP2. Although the class might need a few tweaks to keep it going
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4044559)   #137
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
What are the chances of BoP arriving in LMP2? With a development freeze we will just end up with everyone in the same car again, new regs or not.
I don't see what's stopping it at this point - especially with the cars getting neutered vs the new top class. Might as well level them out. Having a cycle like we've just had surely isn't tenable for the chassis manufacturers that aren't called Oreca.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4044560)   #138
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see what's stopping it at this point - especially with the cars getting neutered vs the new top class. Might as well level them out. Having a cycle like we've just had surely isn't tenable for the chassis manufacturers that aren't called Oreca.

The irony being that the current system was meant to protect the chosen few in a cartel. So much for that.
Same goes for LMP3.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4044980)   #139
Mike E
Veteran

Alex Lynn joins di Resta at United. That should be a quick car with the right Silver.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-24-hours.html

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...th-united.html
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4045180)   #140
Mike E
Veteran

Christensen and Makowiecki added to Porsche line ups for Portimao and Le Mans

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-portimao.html
Old 12 Apr 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4045659)   #141
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...f-le-mans.html

Good news as HubAuto step up to GTE Pro. Wonder who the drivers will be.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4045803)   #142
Mike E
Veteran

Ollie Webb joins ARC Bratislava

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le...slava-devoile/
Old 22 Apr 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4047295)   #143
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BigMag and K-Mag in the same High Class LMP2 at LeMans 2021! I know who I'll be cheering for this summer - from home or from the grandstand - yet to be decided.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4047367)   #144
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brilliant news! A real win-win for everyone.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4047427)   #145
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is fun
Old 23 Apr 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4047469)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

Nice to see father and son competing together at Le Mans. I know there has been talk of that for quite a while
Old 29 Apr 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4048545)   #147
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jenson is now looking for a seat!

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/sta...881904641?s=20
Old 30 Apr 2021, 00:45 (Ref:4048587)   #148
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ha ha. Brilliant
Old 30 Apr 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4048692)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

Le Mans 2021 Entry List News

It would mean that’s two of motorsport’s triple crown he’s won....
Old 19 May 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4052301)   #150
Mike E
Veteran

In a shocking development, Risi's LMP2 entry will be red.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...p2-effort.html

Jarvis/Nasr/Cullen is a handy line up.