Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Feb 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2132965)   #351
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
And the Dome S102 is a stunning coupe with a nice non-F1 nose
I cannot comment as there is no completed car as yet. The drawings look smart I grant you.

It is a shame that Dome has not committed to any other races. It would be nice to see them elsewhere. Why did they not support the JLMC?
Old 19 Feb 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2132967)   #352
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the question is, what team is going to be the first to withdraw? Terramas?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 00:41 (Ref:2132977)   #353
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the vitaphone aston- can i put a bet on it being a joint with racealliance? Though the Phoenix car is lilely more feasible, it is very much "spare".
It'd seem the sensible way, to me.

Could be wrong (I generally am) but we all like a nice theory.

Last edited by minimangler; 20 Feb 2008 at 00:46.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 01:52 (Ref:2132991)   #354
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wishin' there was a little more Porsche love, but 3 cars I guess will have to live with the fact that 3 is better than none. I can only imagine the number of "works" drivers that are gonna be bored on this weekend. The Porsche party would be something else I can imagine, guess the enjoy the "whooply pops" a little too much in June.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 02:09 (Ref:2132997)   #355
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you think that Creation will try and break a deal with Autocon? Didn't creation have a deal with AIM that would produce a team of 3 Japanese Drivers. Surely Creation already has a Campbell-Walter, Ortiz (???) or Gabbaini (sp?) and Stuart Hall. However, they also have lots of sponsorship committments to make and it can't be forgotton Creation is still a privateer who depends on as much money as they can get. Now granted Autocon will be fulfilling a dream, but if Creation throws money at them, will it be too good for Autocon to resist, as an injection of funds would benefit their program, as well.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 02:36 (Ref:2133012)   #356
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
It's odd, Vitaphone actually turned down their GT1 auto entry. So why did they now show up with a GT1 Aston?

I assume the DBR9 is the Phoenix Racing car.
Pure speculation, they have their sights on an Aston engined LMP1 in 2009, to replace the Maserati MC12?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 02:40 (Ref:2133016)   #357
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I feel absolutely gutted for Creation, their second entry should have been a given, it's the one 'stand out' glaring omission from the list in light of several who are (inexplicably) there. Shafted!
They've yet to win a single race, and dropped further behind the pace last year.

They can also support the customer Autocon Team.

Supporting Asian manufactuers/teams and the new, big budget, Epsilon program has to be a higher priority than giving Creation chassis three entries.

The second Charouz Lola was the quickest petrol entry for much of the 2007 LMS season, while Chamberlain have supported Le Mans through the up's and downs since the Group C era.

Last edited by JAG; 20 Feb 2008 at 02:49.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2133023)   #358
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
They've yet to win a single race, and dropped further behind the pace last year.

They can also support the customer Autocon Team.

Supporting Asian manufactuers/teams and the new, big budget, Epsilon program has to be a higher priority than giving Creation chassis three entries.

The second Charouz Lola was the quickest petrol entry for much of the 2007 LMS season, while Chamberlain have supported Le Mans through the up's and downs since the Group C era.
If winning is the basis of entry, there are many on the list that don't meet that requirement. In terms of privateers, Creation have collected more podiums than anyone outside of the number one Pescarolo...and by the end of the season, the Creation had the edge over the Pesca at Interlagos even with a pro-am line-up.

This list is not supporting Asian 'manufacturers'. One car uses a Courage tub with an ancient engine and the other car is also a courage that has been unable to finish sprint races.

The Charouz Lola was quick...even without the illegal restrictor it ran for the early part of the season. It also had problems a lot of the time. It won't be the same with the Cytosport line-up.

Creation always said that 2007 was a development year and the improvement was there to see. To have a second entry that ranks behind teams that are either: 1) unknown, 2) have no experience in the class in which the will be running, 3) have yet to turn a wheel with an unknown/untried car, 4) have yet to race a car or 5) all four above, must be galling . I only hope they get through this disappointment and not decide to do something drastic as I would imagine both the team's owners and their Japanese sponsor/engine development partner must be absolutely livid.

Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2133025)   #359
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I disagree about Cytosport. With the exception of Greg Pickett, Jan Lammers and Klaus Graf are extremely capable. Jan pulled magic out of the Dome (especially in the exciting early Sprint phase of the race), weaving in and out of the dominant Audis. Coupled with the fact that the Lola-Judd package is stronger than the Dome, I see this team as a threat, one that Charouz could count on should the Lola-Aston experience trouble.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:46 (Ref:2133026)   #360
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
I disagree about Cytosport. With the exception of Greg Pickett, Jan Lammers and Klaus Graf are extremely capable. Jan pulled magic out of the Dome (especially in the exciting early Sprint phase of the race), weaving in and out of the dominant Audis. Coupled with the fact that the Lola-Judd package is stronger than the Dome, I see this team as a threat, one that Charouz could count on should the Lola-Aston experience trouble.
The Charouz Aston will be run by Prodrive and the Charouz Lola will be run by Jota. There is no such thing as a Charouz team. He is the man that pays the bills and get his son in a car.

I agree about Lammers and Graff but things have moved on since this car was quick. It will have had no development while the others are pushing forward.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 03:50 (Ref:2133028)   #361
supermario21
Racer

Quick question with Cytosport (outsourced Charouz entry) not being on the LMS season entry, will they be getting any experience with the car? Just as canam said with little driver development the entry would be all for nothing basically, but Jota is a capable team. I hope the team represents America well, because I certainly don't see Autocon doing great.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2133035)   #362
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Do you think that Creation will try and break a deal with Autocon? Didn't creation have a deal with AIM that would produce a team of 3 Japanese Drivers. Surely Creation already has a Campbell-Walter, Ortiz (???) or Gabbaini (sp?) and Stuart Hall. However, they also have lots of sponsorship committments to make and it can't be forgotton Creation is still a privateer who depends on as much money as they can get. Now granted Autocon will be fulfilling a dream, but if Creation throws money at them, will it be too good for Autocon to resist, as an injection of funds would benefit their program, as well.
Sorry I do not see Autocon giving up their ride at Le Mans. The proverbial pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow for the team. This is the reason that this team races and they can afford it!! Maybe some associate sponsorship on the car as it does not have an AIM in it.

L.P.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 04:34 (Ref:2133036)   #363
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quick question with Cytosport (outsourced Charouz entry) not being on the LMS season entry, will they be getting any experience with the car? Just as canam said with little driver development the entry would be all for nothing basically, but Jota is a capable team. I hope the team represents America well, because I certainly don't see Autocon doing great.
They plan to try and do Monza and Spa.

L.P.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 05:39 (Ref:2133051)   #364
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Sorry I do not see Autocon giving up their ride at Le Mans. The proverbial pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow for the team. This is the reason that this team races and they can afford it!! Maybe some associate sponsorship on the car as it does not have an AIM in it.

L.P.
Hey man, we can but dream. Creation deserved better, and Autocon did not get there on sheer pace or performance. If they were graded against the ALMS P field as a whole, they would never end up there. I am glad for them that they have realized their dream, but I'd be happier if they'd earned it and not taken it at the expense of a better entry.

That said, I thought that the lowly reserve places for Creation and especially Larbre made no sense. Placing a Saulnier entry that would have been crewed entirely by gentlemen (I bet) above those cars?!

Cytosport got their entry on the back of Charouz/Jota's performance, not their own, and that in and of itself is just. The latter organizations showed incredible strength last year with the Lola-Judd and they put in a gutsy showing at the big one (Mucke getting doused with repellent anyone?!), so regardless of Cytosport not deserving anything on their own merit, that spot on the entry list is just in my opinion. Are there enough grid spaces at Monza for extra cars?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2133062)   #365
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Hey man, we can but dream. Creation deserved better, and Autocon did not get there on sheer pace or performance. If they were graded against the ALMS P field as a whole, they would never end up there. I am glad for them that they have realized their dream, but I'd be happier if they'd earned it and not taken it at the expense of a better entry.

That said, I thought that the lowly reserve places for Creation and especially Larbre made no sense. Placing a Saulnier entry that would have been crewed entirely by gentlemen (I bet) above those cars?!

Cytosport got their entry on the back of Charouz/Jota's performance, not their own, and that in and of itself is just. The latter organizations showed incredible strength last year with the Lola-Judd and they put in a gutsy showing at the big one (Mucke getting doused with repellent anyone?!), so regardless of Cytosport not deserving anything on their own merit, that spot on the entry list is just in my opinion. Are there enough grid spaces at Monza for extra cars?
Huh? Dude whether you agree or not with the performance/pace of the team they earned their entry to Le Mans just like anyone else could of, period. They did not get the spot at anyones expense as any other team could of met the criteria needed to be in that spot and didn't. And while I like Creation they only raced 4 races in the LMS last year with 1 car. I would like to have seen them get the first reserve spot over the other cars ahead of them though.

L.P.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2133065)   #366
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Mugen's pretty much break within 12 hours of the drivers crash
Well , that sounds brilliant ..... everybody wants one then !!!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:34 (Ref:2133066)   #367
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
Grat points! I agree on the Dome. Hopefully they will find someone other than Alex Yoong to wreck, err... drive it.
I reckon Ralph Firman is somewhere involved .
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:37 (Ref:2133067)   #368
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I feel absolutely gutted for Creation, their second entry should have been a given, it's the one 'stand out' glaring omission from the list in light of several who are (inexplicably) there. Shafted!
Ah Bentley03 ..... as much as I also would have liked to have seem their 2nd chassis , on what merrit do they deserve it ?

Certainly not on past results ?

Im gutted for WR though !!!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:40 (Ref:2133069)   #369
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Vitaphone DBR9 has to be a leased car.
They definitely wouldn't buy one because they would probably lose Maserati factory support...
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2133070)   #370
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
It will have had no development while the others are pushing forward.

Where did you get that from ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:46 (Ref:2133071)   #371
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
The Vitaphone DBR9 has to be a leased car.
They definitely wouldn't buy one because they would probably lose Maserati factory support...
I reckon its going to be a works supported car , no lack of wedge and guys who know what their doing .
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2133074)   #372
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I reckon its going to be a works supported car , no lack of wedge and guys who know what their doing .
Probably going to be a works car (ran by AMR themselves), just entered as Vitaphone.

@ prototype:
Why are you ripping on Alex Yoong? The RfH Dome was already trashed before he crashed it in 2007.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2133108)   #373
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking over the list again, there seems to be a huge number of teams running Michelins. 44 out of 55 entries, by my count, are Michelins. 9 Dunlops, 1 Yokohama, 1 Pirelli. No returning Kumho teams.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2133111)   #374
The Badger
Veteran

I really surprised that there is no Scuderia Ecosse or CR Scuderia ?

Did they even request an entry ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2133116)   #375
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I really surprised that there is no Scuderia Ecosse or CR Scuderia ?

Did they even request an entry ?
As far as I know CR Scuderia didn't put an entry in. As for Scuderia Ecosse haven't they got in on the back of on FIA GT entires for the last few years?