Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2008, 01:20 (Ref:2220929)   #1001
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simonsen has never driven a prototype, but as has been said already, he is the kind of guy who is fast in anything. I expect him to get up to pace right quick.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2220999)   #1002
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont in that car !!!
Old 6 Jun 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2221199)   #1003
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simonsen will be on the pace but i am afraid the car wont.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2221377)   #1004
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Just as well......
yeah , I guess ..... I seem to get most of the flak thats flying about these days !!!

Ah well , ducks back as they say .
Old 6 Jun 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2221384)   #1005
The Badger
Veteran

New livery being suggested at Endurance -info for the WF-01 ..... at least thats what I think it is ?

Needs it for such a smart looking car , imo . Best of luck to them .
Old 7 Jun 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2221788)   #1006
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
New livery being suggested at Endurance -info for the WF-01 ..... at least thats what I think it is ?

Needs it for such a smart looking car , imo . Best of luck to them .
Link from the Embassy thread.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5747

Gotta wait 'til 3:00pm.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2221882)   #1007
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its black with abit of yellow and a union jack on the rear deck and wing.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2221884)   #1008
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
updated image on EI with new bits shown.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 05:52 (Ref:2222302)   #1009
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yojiro Terada's 29th Le Mans?

Will the 76th 24 Hours of Le Mans be Yojiro's 29th Le Mans?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2222321)   #1010
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Does Simonsen have any prototype experience? I can only remember him in GT cars.
Allan Simonsen is one of the guys to watch this year, he has raced everything; British GT, LMS, Australian GT (Champion), Australian V8´s, Historic..

I am really looking forward to see Allan in a prototype. Lars Erik Nielsen introduced Allan to Le Mans, and he really showed of that trust - nearly landing a Porsche factory driver position after the race. Allan is a talent, watch him in this prototype. If everything goes well, he will race a serious prototype next year
Old 8 Jun 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2222323)   #1011
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
French Favoritism???
Maybe.

However, the ee1 does sadly not stand a chance as well. The car is underdeveloped, and underfunded - a statement confirmed by Epsilon themselves. So disregarding the impressive tintop crew aboard that car, it will not make it to the finish.

Please dont get me wrong, I love that stunning looking coupe. But I find it strange that Epsilon will sign that kind of drivers to a car, which have had a chance to get of the reservelist?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2222325)   #1012
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop Corner
Elgaard and Nielsen are certainly better than Merksteijn and probably on pace with Bleekemolen. They have not quite matched Verstappen so far, but Maasen should be able to do that. It will be down to tires i think, the Dunlops have not quite been able to take on the Michelins.

I am sure Verstappen will take pole, but the race will be very tight. I don't think it will be won on pace, but on which Porsche has the most trouble free run. And of course should they get a sudden terminal failure like one of the Penske's got at Sebring, the class is wide open.
Absolutely, and Mr. Merksteijn himself does not really help the laptimes in that car. No matter him paying the bills, he will cost the team several seconds per lap. How much 24 hour testing has Porsche done with the RS Spyder?
Old 8 Jun 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2222360)   #1013
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Absolutely, and Mr. Merksteijn himself does not really help the laptimes in that car. No matter him paying the bills, he will cost the team several seconds per lap.
I think you forgot that team van Merksteijn has won two out of three races this year and that would have easily been three if Verstappen would not have hit the Spyker in Monza.
All races were run without Jeroen Bleekemolen who is as fast as Jos Verstappen, in fact a lot of people rate him higher then Jos for these kind of endurance races.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2222374)   #1014
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Went yesterday on the circuit :
New Welcome inside :http://lmp2.noosblog.fr/.shared/imag...7/dscn0007.jpg

diesel or essence, filling up is on : http://lmp2.noosblog.fr/.shared/imag...8/dscn0008.jpg

ready to spend your money? they are ready to distribute /http://lmp2.noosblog.fr/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/07/dscn0004.jpg

Quiet in the Embassy pit, discussed with them , cool!! they are in confidence and rebuild the car :http://lmp2.noosblog.fr/.shared/imag...8/dscn0020.jpg
Old 8 Jun 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2222424)   #1015
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems strange seeing the cars in the pits already..........
Old 8 Jun 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2222551)   #1016
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
it's strange to see all the structures on plce with nobody in the lanes. A lot of cars stayed in the box expect pugs, I was said they all returned in the base, and the Lola Charouz returned to England for some tests. Lot of work for Risi rebuilding the car and Spyker . Audi , Pescarolo, closed.All for yesterday.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2222966)   #1017
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Yojiro Terada's 29th Le Mans?

Will the 76th 24 Hours of Le Mans be Yojiro's 29th Le Mans?
Yes. 1974 plus 1981-2008 straight.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2223247)   #1018
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Absolutely, and Mr. Merksteijn himself does not really help the laptimes in that car. No matter him paying the bills, he will cost the team several seconds per lap. How much 24 hour testing has Porsche done with the RS Spyder?
He hasn't done badly. Two victories, hasn't really put a wheel wrong. I am impressed.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2223899)   #1019
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcel Fassler replaces Lapierre in ORECA #6.

http://www.eurosport.fr/auto/forfait...lashnews.shtml
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2223907)   #1020
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmm .. a bit late . but fassler is fast and has LM experience

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2223925)   #1021
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
hmm .. a bit late . but fassler is fast and has LM experience
Given the nature of the medical situation, I don't think the timing was particularly flexible. It's a good thing they already had tested Fassler in the car at Magny-Cours - combined that with his talent and LM experience and he'll be fine.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2223928)   #1022
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He's been surprisingly competitive in FIA GT and running up front with the big boys, so he's definitely a great addition to the lineup.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2223943)   #1023
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
He's been surprisingly competitive in FIA GT and running up front with the big boys, so he's definitely a great addition to the lineup.
Agreed, though I don't know where the surprise comes from. He was very strong right from his LMS debut - remember his cracking qualifying performance at Spa in the Swiss Spirit Courage LC70-Judd...
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2223949)   #1024
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Given the nature of the medical situation, I don't think the timing was particularly flexible. It's a good thing they already had tested Fassler in the car at Magny-Cours - combined that with his talent and LM experience and he'll be fine.

I wasn't aware of any medical condition .. but it makes sense if that's the case

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2223961)   #1025
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me neither, what's wrong with Lapierre?