Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:39 (Ref:2110970)   #151
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
But when the ACO announces 3 weeks before the running of Sebring who the final 55 are and the reserves then how can it influence their decision as to who gets an invite??

L.P.
I was going to mention that , this was not the case before horny . But its already been mentioned .
Old 22 Jan 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2111267)   #152
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Ok ok ..... i see your point .
I kinda disagree, Arena had a destroyed car...that's not like dropping the invitation...Anyway, I still see them on my list.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2111336)   #153
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Anyway, I still see them on my list.
Im surprised that there is a place left on your list ..... with 51 F430 !!!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2111359)   #154
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regard to Arena it will all come down to whether there is a BTCC race scheduled for either the test day or the actual race.

If there is then it is very unlikely that they will be there as the money is largely supplied by Tom Chilton i think......

Arena are one of the quicker teams - they should be there, arguably in front of the possibles like epsilon, tokai etc......they did race the majority of the season last year, missed 2 rounds because car was not ready and they supported the ALMS end of season races!!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2111470)   #155
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I am aware Arena are not running any cars in the BTCC this year, there was a rummour about some Ford Focus's for the Chilton brothers, but Tom has signed for Team Halfords in the BTCC and Max is doing British F3 with Hi-Tech so that was the end of that one.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2111472)   #156
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Im surprised that there is a place left on your list ..... with 51 F430 !!!
yes, I have an overbooked GT2 list....
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2111805)   #157
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup but if Tom is at a BTCC race then Arena will not be at LM !! Unless they do a deal with Fernandez for a rent-a-Zytek
Old 23 Jan 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2111828)   #158
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Croft BTCC round clashes with the Le Mans test day.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2112211)   #159
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
I think the Croft BTCC round clashes with the Le Mans test day.
That's correct, it was the same last year.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2112291)   #160
The Badger
Veteran

Ei are reporting that Pescarolo wants 2 LMP1 entries for LM and LMS and that Saulnier Racing wants 2 entries for LM and LMS !!!

Saulnier will use the new Judd DB powerplant .

I really cat see Saulnier getting their 2 entries !!!
Old 23 Jan 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2112323)   #161
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ei are reporting that Pescarolo wants 2 LMP1 entries for LM and LMS and that Saulnier Racing wants 2 entries for LM and LMS !!!

Saulnier will use the new Judd DB powerplant .

I really cat see Saulnier getting their 2 entries !!!
Yes, I to find it hard to believe that Pescarolo/Saulnier would get 4 entries.

L.P.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 05:56 (Ref:2112423)   #162
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
When the entries used to be announced after Sebring, I seem to recall there were many complaints that teams needed to know earlier in order to finalise their plans and court sponsors.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 06:23 (Ref:2112430)   #163
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I to find it hard to believe that Pescarolo/Saulnier would get 4 entries.
Yeah...particularly if three of those entries are in P1 - that would make 4 Pescarolos in P1 and while I could see three, four is a stretch IMO...
Old 24 Jan 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2112596)   #164
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
Yeah...particularly if three of those entries are in P1 - that would make 4 Pescarolos in P1 and while I could see three, four is a stretch IMO...
Plus Rollcenter.....
Old 24 Jan 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2112718)   #165
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
I think we should not forget ALL protos got entries in 2007, even the T2M Dome which ...well... was a dismal presence. My bet is that the GTs will get lower priority and if Henri is able to get those 4 cars ready he will get the 4 entries.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2112743)   #166
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Plus Rollcenter.....
No the four P1s include Rollcentre plus the Saulnier P2 car
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2112750)   #167
The Badger
Veteran

Well then ..... I can see all 4 getting entries . Pescarolo have 1 already and a 2nd for them is a given . Rollcentre should get an entry and Saulnier too then .
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2112758)   #168
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well then ..... I can see all 4 getting entries . Pescarolo have 1 already and a 2nd for them is a given . Rollcentre should get an entry and Saulnier too then .
Surely you're not suggesting the ACO give precidence to French built vehicles?????
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2112766)   #169
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
and the LMP2 so a total of 5 Pescas.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2112767)   #170
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
No the four P1s include Rollcentre plus the Saulnier P2 car
The references prior to my post, had suggested two Saulnier cars, two Pescarolo cars... Rollcentre had not come up. So, it is likely to actually be one Saulnier car, two Pesca's and Rollcentre... I see no reason not to award that many entries to one make, certainly you would expect Lola to have the same or more on the grid.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2112794)   #171
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
The references prior to my post, had suggested two Saulnier cars, two Pescarolo cars... Rollcentre had not come up. So, it is likely to actually be one Saulnier car, two Pesca's and Rollcentre... I see no reason not to award that many entries to one make, certainly you would expect Lola to have the same or more on the grid.
Maybe I am missing something here;
Quote:
To summarize, four cars are expected for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Idem en Le Mans Series, où Pescarolo Sport engagera deux LMP1 : une pour le duo Boullion/Collard, qui a de « fortes probabilités d’être rejoint par Romain Dumas dans la Sarthe » , et une pour Harold Primat.
Ditto in Le Mans Series, which will launch two Pescarolo Sport LMP1: one for the duo Boullion / Collard, who has "high probability of being joined by Romain Dumas in the Sarthe department, and one for Harold Primat.
Saulnier Racing alignera donc une LMP1, avec Jacques Nicolet au volant, et une LMP2. « Pour l’instant une seule LMP2 va être assemblée.
Saulnier Racing LMP1 therefore align with Jacques Nicolet driving, and LMP2. "So far only one LMP2 will be assembled.
Nous voulons dans un premier temps démontrer son potentiel » conclut Henri Pescarolo.
We want as a first step to demonstrate its potential, "concludes Henri Pescarolo.
but I count 4 Pescarolo(2 P-1's)/Saulnier(P-1 & P-2) factory entries here!? And I see no mention of the Rollcentre entry. ??

L.P.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2112797)   #172
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The EI article seemed to cover the 2008 activities of Pescarolo Automobiles - so, if you like, the works outfit encompassing Pescarolo Sport and Saulnier Racing, so it wouldn't necessarily cover Rollcentre's activities.

I'd be (how should I put it?) a touch surprised if Rollcentre don't apply for a 2008 Le Mans slot.

So - I think we're looking at 4 Pescarolo entries for LMP1 (2 Pescarolo, 1 Saulnier, 1 Rollcentre) and 1 for LMP2 (Saulnier).

The most likely 'casualty' of this, to my eye, is the Saulnier LMP1, but we shall see...
Old 25 Jan 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2113557)   #173
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm certain that we will see the Dome and at least one Spyder, I think also that if the Tokai gets finished we will see that too.

Also be amazed if an Embassy didn't get in.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2113629)   #174
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Also be amazed if an Embassy didn't get in.
One car I can see. Two cars....unlikely in my view.
Old 26 Jan 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2113781)   #175
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Two cars....unlikely in my view.
Even less likely than that, since just one invite has been requested.