Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Aug 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3127124)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, not sure I recognise that model of Porsche.....
Old 3 Sep 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3130024)   #102
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, not sure I recognise that model of Porsche.....
The picture of the 512S explains the title : bad luck on Ferrari.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3133390)   #103
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about this, it would like nice in my living room, not sure if the wife would agree - http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=221120882607
Old 9 Sep 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3133443)   #104
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
How about this, it would like nice in my living room, not sure if the wife would agree - http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=221120882607
That's just awesome!
Old 9 Sep 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3133487)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is the world's most famous clock in the world?
Old 9 Sep 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3133489)   #106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The previous one?
Old 9 Sep 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3133491)   #107
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

or the following one?
Old 10 Sep 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3133570)   #108
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:

or the following one?
It's a Rolex, which certainly adds to the value
Old 10 Sep 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3133583)   #109
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think that it the sporting time piece category it is one of the most important but compared to icons like the clock in the tower of westminster (big ben) or others in major historic buildings it may have to accept a lower position. but I think it is a major item of motor racing history
Old 10 Sep 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3133644)   #110
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but I think it is a major item of motor racing history
Agreed, but not 250.000$ major.
Old 10 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3133656)   #111
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
agreed a quarter of a million is a heavy price for it
Old 10 Sep 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3133665)   #112
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Agreed, but not 250.000$ major.
Quote:
agreed a quarter of a million is a heavy price for it
Not for an Le Mans enthusiast with a huge load of cash
Old 10 Sep 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3133713)   #113
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well he/she would have a rapidly decreasing pile of cash if they spent it so easily, perhaps the money would be better spent running a team
Old 10 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3133717)   #114
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
well he/she would have a rapidly decreasing pile of cash if they spent it so easily, perhaps the money would be better spent running a team
Can't disagree with that .
But if one had 2-3 Le Mans cars already, what better theme piece than the clock itself
Old 10 Sep 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3133864)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The old Dutray clock, presumably?

Old 10 Sep 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3133868)   #116
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That would look great in my garage.
Old 10 Sep 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3133876)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It would make sure you leave for work on time in the morning........
Old 10 Sep 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3133906)   #118
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It would make sure you leave for work on time in the morning........
And a lovely pair of "11's" in the drive way
Old 11 Sep 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3134071)   #119
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
ACO themselves posted this on Facebook:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1558.l2649
Interesting flag on the front.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3134357)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very interesting indeed.

I was pleased with myself over the last few days, I've picked up three more Informations Presse (or Info Presse) - the Le Mans media guides for 1986 (my first Le Mans), 1996 and 1998.

So I now have them for

and

2001 - 2010

I stand to be corrected, but according to my Radio Le Mans 'source', 2010 was the last book issue as they started using electronic media sticks in 2011.....
Old 11 Sep 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3134393)   #121
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice collection Ayse.

I just calmed my itchy Le Mans purchase finger by picking up one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-93...ht_2474wt_1271

Might just be the best thing I've ever bought!

Still looking for an elusive English language '93 annual at a semi-reasonable price.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3134409)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3135004)   #123
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spark is my favorite when it comes to quality at a reasonable price. I hope you don't have the sickness? Before you know it you have more than you have space for.

I try to stick with 1/43rd scale but 1/18th is great too. Lovely choice!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3135037)   #124
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Spark is my favorite when it comes to quality at a reasonable price. I hope you don't have the sickness? Before you know it you have more than you have space for.

I try to stick with 1/43rd scale but 1/18th is great too. Lovely choice!
Got a few 1/43s but when I saw this I had to snap it up. I stop every time I walk past it!

I'm going to try and limit myself a bit. Plan to snap up Spark versions of the winning cars for each year I was there. So right now it's a collection of one. Will pick up my second in the village next year.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3135206)   #125
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
...Still looking for an elusive English language '93 annual at a semi-reasonable price.
The best place to get the Le Mans yearbooks is in the boutique next to the museum in Le Mans! Not very useful if you live in England but they stock everything and the prices are cheaper than anyone online. If you are an ACO member you even get another discount. I can't remember if their stock goes back as far as 1993 but it wouldn't surprise me, they had loads in both French and English versions when I went in this June to pick up last years annual. If your French is up to it, you could always give them a ring as their online shop doesn't reflect their stock at all.

If you can't wait until next year to have a look, this bloke on EBay sells all of the yearbooks. Strangely, he doesn't seem to have many English versions at the moment, he had all of them when I looked earlier this year. You could always contact him.