Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4136782)   #3051
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Eric.
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4136784)   #3052
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, a marshal's guest ticket. The marshals ticket would say 'Commissaire de piste'. The 'chef de poste' would determine where the guest could go and where to spectate from.
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4136785)   #3053
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Yes, a marshal's guest ticket. The marshals ticket would say 'Commissaire de piste'. The 'chef de poste' would determine where the guest could go and where to spectate from.
Cool score!
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4136786)   #3054
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Cool score!
Yeah, I thought so. I'm surprised I've not seen one before.
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4136788)   #3055
Coach Ep
Veteran

There's probably not a lot of those floating around, compared to GA ones. Most will end up in shoe boxes anyway I guess.
Old 11 Dec 2022, 13:59 (Ref:4136789)   #3056
Coach Ep
Veteran

I'm pretty sure I still have the letter + envelop from '98, my first time I was invited to marshal the event. Question is which storage box...
Old 11 Dec 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4136791)   #3057
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah well, if you ever clear out your shoe box and find anything interesting, let me know!
Old 11 Dec 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4136812)   #3058
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Equally if anyone has any old boxes full of autograph cards, promo stuff, stickers and such like they're trying to get rid of (especially if it's from 2011 onwards) hit me up and might be able to work something out.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 15:13 (Ref:4137171)   #3059
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, I thought so. I'm surprised I've not seen one before.
The design you've posted was replaced by a plastic pass that could be attached to a lanyard more than 20 years ago.
You've have had one in your line of sight round my neck each year for most of that time, up until 2019. Sorry I seem to have thrown them all away, so can't post a sample
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4143358)   #3060
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting that the 2024 event will have a new auto invite from GTWCE. It will be a Bronze Cup team - can't see all the info due to paywall but the first GT3-based invite and stretching across to a different series is notable. Good to see the SRO relationships strengthening.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...h-du-mans-2024
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4143444)   #3061
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see teams from there rewarded for their hard work and success
Old 21 Feb 2023, 12:45 (Ref:4144348)   #3062
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I always felt that the Le Mans safety cars worked quite well. So why the need to overhaul them?
I'm guessing it's with a view to trying to 'tweak' the product for TV. The ACO talked about this a bit about trying to increase entertainment value without sacrificing the core product. So we get this kind of IMSA-lite style solution.

I'm not intelligent enough to work through all the scenarios here as to how it will play out. The position of class leaders is going to be really key I think. While they aren't giving free laps back IMSA-style - there certainly will be instances where cars about to go a lap down will essentially get their whole lap back, due to the wave-by and then the merge.

Also think there's large potential for things to go wrong initially. And clearly it's going to add a fair chunk of time on to safety cars.
Old 21 Feb 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4144359)   #3063
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Welcome to the dark(er) side of convergence.

At a circuit as long as la Sarthe, every procedure's flaws are magnified. Therefore, it's baffling that the proposed solution will take the longest to implement, to the point that it won't happen in the last hour.

If this is the ACO's way of keeping balance between entertainment and sporting integrity, they need a new set of scales.
Old 21 Feb 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4144361)   #3064
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
NB The safety car 'overhaul' now has a dedicated thread.

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157748
Old 1 Apr 2023, 14:35 (Ref:4149909)   #3065
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't know where to put this so I will leave it here

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=214780661144821

Sean
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4150476)   #3066
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does the Archimede car art site sell at any physical shops in Le Mans? - normally has a stall at St Saturnin and got the licensed 24 hour mugs with all the winning cars last year.

I was also thinking of getting a Spurring book for the early races - are these books worthwhile?
Old 5 Apr 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4150525)   #3067
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was also thinking of getting a Spurring book for the early races - are these books worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

Very worthwhile, brilliant photos, the conditions they raced in during the 1920s make you wonder how they suevived
Old 6 Apr 2023, 00:53 (Ref:4150567)   #3068
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. I’ve got the set. Only bought it relatively recently, within the last three years or so. Hunted round and got them one by one when bargains came up. Was a little hobby for a bit.

Anyway. The 1923-29 one is a good one. I think that is the one I’ve read the most of. I can be guilty of not reading all of a book like these, but this is very interesting and worth it.
Old 6 Apr 2023, 07:48 (Ref:4150587)   #3069
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've heard good things about those books. Obviously it seems to be a must for LM fans. Although you really have to hunt to find them

Any interesting features from the early days? Or any of the other books for that matter? I'm not sure I would have the time to read them, a flick through if I'm lucky
Old 6 Apr 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4150596)   #3070
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have the 80's and 90's Spurring books. Very good quality. Nice photographs and very readable race summaries etc.
Old 6 Apr 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4150650)   #3071
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Speaking of books, does anyone have experience with Porter Press? They've published a book on the Audi R8 and I'm leaning towards purchasing it. I've never bought from them or read anything from the author (Ian Wagstaff) before, so opinions are appreciated.
Old 7 Apr 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4150769)   #3072
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just found this on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ross-...member_android
Old 8 Apr 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4150829)   #3073
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I've heard good things about those books. Obviously it seems to be a must for LM fans. Although you really have to hunt to find them

Any interesting features from the early days? Or any of the other books for that matter? I'm not sure I would have the time to read them, a flick through if I'm lucky
Evro Publishing still has them all in stock.
They are in my opinion the best historical motor racing books ever published.
Absolutely worthwhile.Actually absolutely essential.
The 2 21st century volumes are in the pipeline although delayed.After Quentin retired from writing them they have had troubles getting them completed to the standard he set.
Old 8 Apr 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4150840)   #3074
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Evro Publishing still has them all in stock.
They are in my opinion the best historical motor racing books ever published.
Absolutely worthwhile.Actually absolutely essential.
The 2 21st century volumes are in the pipeline although delayed.After Quentin retired from writing them they have had troubles getting them completed to the standard he set.
My understanding is that the first volume (2000-2009) will be published towards the end of the year to avoid any clash with the centenary and the second volume is scheduled for next year.
Old 9 Apr 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4150851)   #3075
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.intensemans.fr/2023/04/0...-les-sarthois/

After 100 years, ticketsales is still a work in progress.