Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Whose fault in the incident between Anthony Davidson and Piergiuseppe Perazzini?
Anthony Davidson's fault 6 4.41%
Piergiuseppe Perazzini's fault 108 79.41%
Both 22 16.18%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Jun 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3095212)   #51
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sorry I don't agree. Having just watched it again - several times - Davidson was already committed before Perazzini turned in - and actually, turned in quite sharply. 'already turned in the corner' - no, I'm not seeing that.
I think so. Perazzini wasn't in any direct dogfight with a third party that may have lured his attention away. Just Perazzini and Davidson. Perazzini would've been at leisure to see the Toyota arrive behind him. Yet Perazzini managed to miss Davidson alongside him and executed a turn oblivious to the Toyota. Tight as the views out of those Ferraris certainly are I'm not sure how you'd miss the Toyota.

Now maybe the Toyota was a bit too lively to get by. I'm less certain of that. But the mind boggles at what was going through the mind of Perazinni.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3095295)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I agree that in this incident Antony was not really at fault but but I go back to our discussions with Mr Piro in the fan lounge, and again it comes down to giving a little thought to overtaking slower cars in corners and risking the chance of a collision, perhaps like Alan M a little caution rather than constant aggression would help both drivers finish the race rather than always be involved in these discussions
Old 20 Jun 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3095348)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you're suggesting that racing drivers use some common sense then it may well fall on deaf ears
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3095361)   #54
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me, Davidson did use common sense though. Allan you could say was diving into a gap that was disappearing (but a wandering GT car with very little concept of racing lines didn't help), but Davidson would have made it more danagerous should he have stayed behind. Is he meant to slam on the brakes because a GT car is moving across the track? Or does he take advantage of the GT car leaving the entire right hand lane open?

Ant was already committed to the inside before the GT driver even turned in. The closing speed was high enough that had he braked then he'd have gone into the back of the Ferrari anyway. He did what every other LMP Driver would have done, he was just the unlucky one who got tagged by a GT driver not paying attention. Exactly the same as Rockys accident last year.

I really dislike Davidson, as a driver and the person he comes across when commentating and on TV, but I'm 100% behind him here - he did nothing wrong at all.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3095366)   #55
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Exactly the same as Rockys accident last year.
Similar, perhaps, in that it involved a factory LMP and a Ferrari.....

Kauffman was unfairly chastised last year because he wouldn't have had a clue about Rocky's distance or intended direction due to thier ludicrous space-station lights.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3095368)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
From Davidson's POV he arrived behind the Ferrari, scouted for the space in which to pass him and then held that space before the Ferrari turned in on him. It's not as if Davidson dived for a space that wasn't there and tipped the Ferrari's rear under such a scenario it would be Davidson's fault.

Davidson discharged his duty as the overtaking driver. It was then that Perazzani failed to observe the Toyota alongside him and therefore failed to relent the space as is customary in multiclass racing when being passed by a functional car in a faster class.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3095394)   #57
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Similar, perhaps, in that it involved a factory LMP and a Ferrari.....

Kauffman was unfairly chastised last year because he wouldn't have had a clue about Rocky's distance or intended direction due to thier ludicrous space-station lights.
Well Rocky was flashing the lights, so it's not like he was miles behind. There is also a flag light box on the left hand side before it, which lights up blue when an LMP is behind. Not sure what else Rocky is meant to do. His intended direction was clear, he was on the right hand side long before they made contact.

Davidsons wasn't much different. Perazzini supposedly said he seen Davidson, but didn't know how far back he was and turned in anyway? That's just stupidity IMO.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3095416)   #58
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In an interview on Eurosport about 45 minutes after the incident Perazzini did say he saw the Toyota coming...
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3095425)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And some comment about it not being an overtaking place - I thought someone said. Which just about says it all....

I'm done on this one. No real need for it to run and run as far as I'm concerned. Case should be closed.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3095441)   #60
AMICALEMANS2
Rookie

AMICALEMANS2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On this case, who is in fault ?

see the 19 Juin 2012 13:19 message and picture !!!!!

http://www.autodiva.fr/forum/viewtop...2252&start=360
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3095447)   #61
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS2 View Post
On this case, who is in fault ?

see the 19 Juin 2012 13:19 message and picture !!!!!

http://www.autodiva.fr/forum/viewtop...2252&start=360
link not working - I think you need to be registered to even read anything.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3095448)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry - those links are useless to us - we're not registered there - and are unlikely ever to be. What's your point?
Old 20 Jun 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3095473)   #63
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I spent around an hour down at Mulsanne. 20 minutes after we left, the crash happened. I saw all kinds of overtakes, waits, shuffling, etc down there. But there is no doubt in my mind that an LMP and a GT can run safely together into Mulsanne corner itself after the first right hander. It happened many, many, many times. In fact any car running solo would naturally be on the left, to make a 'racing line' approach to a right hand turn?
Add to this a clear move to the right by Perrazini when Davidson is already well alongside....
Old 20 Jun 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3095486)   #64
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is also a flag light box on the left hand side before it, which lights up blue when an LMP is behind.
There may well be a Light Box there, but if it is the same as the one on our post at the weekend, then *no* blue lights exist as part of that box. All that exists is a Flashing Yellow Light for use with Safety Car only.

No Blue warnings were issued from our post once it became too dark to see the flags properly. The only warnings were "Change of Surface" (Red / Yellow) and "Warning" (Yellow) via the means of a large square board.

I believe this year though, that some FIA style light panels were in various places around the track - Pit Entrance being one of them.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3095498)   #65
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
Blue lights were part of that box, and they flashed them quite early as the cars exited Mulsanne corner. The box is visible from the moment they exit the corner until they pass it.

That is the case this year anyway.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3095535)   #66
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I race in series with lot faster cars and once you are in the lapping stage extreme care must be taken its as simple as that but you do need equal care to be taken by both parties.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3095823)   #67
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sorry - those links are useless to us - we're not registered there - and are unlikely ever to be. What's your point?
Ahem -
I've been a member of Autodiva for years. Admittedly you have to be able to speak French, but "useless to us - we're not registered there - and are unlikely ever to be" I don't think so
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3095828)   #68
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
It is useless to us, we can't read it. So what does it say?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3095850)   #69
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It is useless to us, we can't read it. So what does it say?
Who is us? Do you mean no one on ten tenths speaks French?

The post Amicalemans2 refers to says:

Yes you can criticise the Ferraris but in this case:

where has the GT driver to go?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3095854)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Ahem -
I've been a member of Autodiva for years. Admittedly you have to be able to speak French, but "useless to us - we're not registered there - and are unlikely ever to be" I don't think so

Well, OK Chris, it's useless to us if we don't speak very good French and aren't registered there.......

It's an interesting pic though!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3095861)   #71
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Well, OK Chris, it's useless to us if we don't speak very good French and aren't registered there.......

It's an interesting pic though!
Fair comment Ayse. I was winding you up just a little
Old 21 Jun 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3095878)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll let you off Chris.......
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3095962)   #73
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Who is us? Do you mean no one on ten tenths speaks French?

The post Amicalemans2 refers to says:

Yes you can criticise the Ferraris but in this case:

where has the GT driver to go?
That is quite a spin, to cut the Krohne ferrari up in Indy/Arnage, and then end up in the barriers at Porsche Curves!! ;-)
Old 21 Jun 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3096039)   #74
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
time yet for N24 style blue flashing lights for P1 cars?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3096126)   #75
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
time yet for N24 style blue flashing lights for P1 cars?
Does it say 'Police' down the side of the cars as well? ;-)

Not sure blue flashing lights on the cars would make any difference. If you can't see the bright headlights on the current P1 cars, how is a blue flashing light going to make any difference.

But as we do seem to be looking for solutions how about the Sentinel system used by Dakar Rally vehicles - can be triggered by the following vehicle, and becomes an audible signal for the vehicle in front. Mostly useful for Trucks coming up behind Motorbikes, but no reason why it couldn't be adapted for P1 cars to trigger something inside a GT car?