Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3096545)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Chef Le Mans Classic 2012

i know there will be plenty of threads to this on the classic forums, but who of the usual sportscar people will be there in 2 weeks, we arrive thursday afternoon so will meet up with people on saturday if anyone fancies a meet
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3096547)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not me sadly, I only ever made the first one 10 years ago when it was (IMO) sensibly arranged for September!
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3096553)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not me sadly, I only ever made the first one 10 years ago when it was (IMO) sensibly arranged for September!
How much I do love Le Mans, being there twice only a few weeks apart does seem to stretch it a little bit, yes!
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3096555)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
How much I do love Le Mans, being there twice only a few weeks apart does seem to stretch it a little bit, yes!
yes but it is only every other year for the classic and you can always do spa in the other years or both in my case
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3096561)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I could get divorced every other year too...........
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3096564)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, I could get divorced every other year too...........
you only do that once, you can't afford to do it again, or so several of my friends tell me, while claiming they can't afford to do le mans again
Old 22 Jun 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3096588)   #7
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's quite an interesting thread in the Historic Racing Today section describing the trials and tribulations of people trying to get their cars onto the entry list. Seems quite a kerfuffle with lots of tension spread over many months, often ending in disappointment.

From a punter's point of view, ten T70s, 14 GT40s and a couple of 917s? Can't wait.
Also, a couple of 512BBs, which was my childhood poster-on-the-wall car.
Really can't wait.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3096685)   #8
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be there with several cars entered. Please come and say hi if you are there.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3096715)   #9
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How could I miss it? Shall we have a "mini" meeting? Dry or sweet white wine ?
Old 23 Jun 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3096728)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now you're making me jealous, Eric..........

Sweet please.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3096731)   #11
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Wish I could be there for the Classic ....
Old 23 Jun 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3096859)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
How could I miss it? Shall we have a "mini" meeting? Dry or sweet white wine ?
Yes we will certainly see you there, shall we say 12.00 on Saturday at the usual meeting place, will prefer dry but might try to bring something myself this year, see you in 2 weeks then Eric.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3096887)   #13
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Classic 2012

Yes I will be there as well from friday.
Any good tips for parking? How is the museum ?
I'm looking forward to see another great event like Monaco Historique.
Cheers
Old 24 Jun 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3097062)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimao View Post
Yes I will be there as well from friday.
Any good tips for parking? How is the museum ?
I'm looking forward to see another great event like Monaco Historique.
Cheers
The rouge car park is probably better as it has easy access to everything and easier to get in and out of.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3097894)   #15
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I will be there with several cars entered. Please come and say hi if you are there.
Lotus 15, Lotus Elite, Deep Sanderson and GT40, is that right?
And a certain Mr Pirro in 2 of them.
Where are we likely to find you, Roger?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3097910)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Lotus 15, Lotus Elite, Deep Sanderson and GT40, is that right?
And a certain Mr Pirro in 2 of them.
Where are we likely to find you, Roger?
Are you sure you have enough drivers Roger? Will look out for you in the paddocks, and will say hello will be there from thursday.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3100003)   #17
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, going back again!! I only went to the first Classic.

Going with Truckosaurus and a few others (non-tententhers).

Plus taking our eldest, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on with La Sarthe. He's been to the Britcar 24hrs, but that's only down the road for us...

Old 1 Jul 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3100362)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Yep, going back again!! I only went to the first Classic.

Going with Truckosaurus and a few others (non-tententhers).

Plus taking our eldest, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on with La Sarthe. He's been to the Britcar 24hrs, but that's only down the road for us...

We should be in MB just after lunch on Thursday, might see you there or perhaps at the smaller ten=tenths meet on saturday at 12.00, truckosaurus knows the place and both Eric (batmobile) and me so if you can make it see you there
Old 3 Jul 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3101211)   #19
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone here happen to have an extra paddock pass they'd like to sell?

Already pestered the racers on Historic forum but no luck!

I'm attending on Friday.

Thanks! - Earl
Old 3 Jul 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3101226)   #20
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMC tickets for paddock

Earl,

I get them from tickets-2-u.com
Give them a call 0844.8730204 attn Andrew they are helpful.

See you friday
Old 3 Jul 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3101246)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove View Post
Does anyone here happen to have an extra paddock pass they'd like to sell?

Already pestered the racers on Historic forum but no luck!

I'm attending on Friday.

Thanks! - Earl
I think we have a full set spare, race, paddock and ACO grandstand, we will be in MB on thursday afternoon if you are interested
Old 3 Jul 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3101297)   #22
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think we have a full set spare, race, paddock and ACO grandstand, we will be in MB on thursday afternoon if you are interested
Sending you a PM now, thank you.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3102001)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well sorted all the camping gear out again, only been in the loft 2 weeks and sorted out enough cloths for the dubious weather they are predicting for the classic, it will be a squeeze getting everything in the stag but as there are only two of us we can put heavy stuff on the back seat (roof will be down unless it rains hard) will arrive tomorrow afternoon and hope to see a few familiar faces down there, meeting Eric and who ever else turns up on saturday at the usual meeting place in the village at 12.00 so anyone else who fancies a chat and a glass or two please come along.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3102358)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly, I just cannot be there this year.
Should you see a lady 'of a certain age' with a Maserati Merak, with the reg no. MER4K, say "Hi Ange!" for me please!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3102388)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would appear as if Motors TV is gonna provide some live coverage of each day's running! They've really upped their game this year, haven't they. See the listings:
Friday 10PM (95 min)
Saturday 10PM (95min)
Sunday 4PM (95min)

Also highlights show later

However, unlike in 2010, Radio Le Mans won't be covering this year's event

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Jul 2012 at 12:37.