Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jun 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3097867)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drink Le Mans Beer Tumblers

You know, the reusable plastic ones that have been in use at the circuit for the last 2 years.

Does anyone know how many different ones there are?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3097909)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i have 2010 and 2011 ones and this year in our group we had 4 different 2012 ones, plus they had ones at the classic in 2010
Old 25 Jun 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3097937)   #3
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 10,11 and 12, + Auto24 and some undated Kronenbourg tumblers
Old 25 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3097942)   #4
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have three different ones - the LMP1 and LMP2 winners from 2011 and a random Saleen S7R. From 2010, I had an Audi R8 but left it on the French countryside.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3097954)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the website of "la sarthe district", I've found some informations about the recycling policy and it seems that each year they would have printed 10 different models since 2010.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3098036)   #6
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come I only noticed them last year?? hmm....!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3098081)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just when you think you've seen them all new ones kept popping up this year.

All the class winners from the previous year among others. The real prize one was the 787B last year!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3098312)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have a 787B and an R15 from last year. This year I got an R18.
I did SEE a 2010 dated one, but I left it lying on the floor...

Is it just me, or had catering prices ROCKETED this year? I remember 5 Euro including the glass for 500ml last year... This year SEVEN!?!?!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3098451)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
How come I only noticed them last year?? hmm....!
You obviously dont drink enough beer
Old 26 Jun 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3098529)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You obviously dont drink enough beer

Yeah, Mal's got SIX full sets!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3098566)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
did they do one with the deltawing, would have been a real collectors version if they had
Old 27 Jun 2012, 01:44 (Ref:3098764)   #12
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't get any becuase for the last 7 years we have always drank real ale from Pewter tankards
That said I do have about 20 Steins from the days when the Beer Keller was there.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3098797)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, Mal's got SIX full sets!

The reality is that I have very few as we now have draught beer at the campsite - the only time I buy beer at the circuit is on race night..... and contrary to popular belief, I don't drink much on race night.

Andrew - this year I was out at Arnage and Mulsanne for a few hours at sunrise for a coffee and Merguez - I thought I might have spotted you and James there??
Old 28 Jun 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3099327)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a half-pint "Classic British Welcome 2012" cup.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3099338)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I got a Pug 908 and Corvette C6R GT1 set , not sure how many differant ones there are ..... my daughter loves them , but we hand wash them as opposed to machine wash'em , just in case the art fades .
Old 28 Jun 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3099523)   #16
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got an Essex Porsche Spyder and a Peugeot one, both cars no longer exist, so theres two keepers!
Old 28 Jun 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3099526)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Andrew - this year I was out at Arnage and Mulsanne for a few hours at sunrise for a coffee and Merguez - I thought I might have spotted you and James there??

Oh we were out there alright Mal. According to the times recorded on my photos (far more reliable than my memory), I took my first shot at Arnage just before 3 am. We were certainly still there around 5 am as that's where we heard Trussers kind mention for AllonFS (and Sam talking about Tenths). My first shot at Mulsanne was just after 6 am, and the last around 7 am. You couldn't have missed me in my bright yellow coat!!
Old 28 Jun 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3099635)   #18
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The reality is that I have very few as we now have draught beer at the campsite - the only time I buy beer at the circuit is on race night..... and contrary to popular belief, I don't drink much on race night.
And the occasional bottle of vin rouge!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Jun 2012 at 18:23.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3099736)   #19
Mal
Veteran

England
London
[QUOTE=Mike007;3099635]
Quote:
:
And the occasional bottle of vin rouge!
More like box of vin rouge this year (thank you Ian)
Old 29 Jun 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3099938)   #20
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Collected P1, P2, GTE Pro and the 80th edition poster one this year. Last year I think I have a Saleen and another one.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3100504)   #21
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moran View Post
I got an Essex Porsche Spyder and a Peugeot one, both cars no longer exist, so theres two keepers!
Two cups i would treasure too!
(Essex is danish, and Peugeot i am an old fan of)
Old 16 Jul 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3107391)   #22
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So I am a collector and a non alcohol drinker (Thanks again for the childrenchampagne at the meeting) and asked every bar what kind of tumblers they had and bought them (1 euro each). So far I have 3 different ones of 2010 and 4 of 2011 and 2012 with the date and year printed on it and 4 non dated ones including one small cup, it is likely I miss one of 2010, each year seems to have 4 with date and 1 without . (I also have seen some with motorbikes) I looked every day in the bars I passed and looked on the tables. People must have thought I was a little crazy (wich is true...Le Mans crazy).
these ones I have:
2010: essex, peugeot, corvette, ...........?
2011: mazda 787B, porsche, audi R8 winner, a LMP2 car
2012: corvette winner LMGTEpro, LMP2winner, audi LMP1 winner, picture of trophy and planes.
The non dated ones: trophy, driver and pit vieuw, 80th edition old / new look with driver, and a small one in fullcolor.
I am hoping the ACO starts selling the tumblers in a package for collectors like me.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3108122)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I'd rather like a set too!
Old 18 Jul 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3108143)   #24
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, I'd rather like a set too!
Me too! (although i'm getting big warnings from the GF that no more enters the apartment)
Old 18 Jul 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3108231)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's still room for a rear bodywork section from an 80's Group C, surely?