Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jul 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3105420)   #1
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Friday Pit Visit Report

Gentleman-

May I present to you - my Friday report:

http://robertblanshard.wordpress.com...day-pit-visit/

James, please feel free to pass onto your Toyota contact - Alastair or otherwise - and share with them.

To all of you, James, Walter, Pascal, Eric, Christopher, and everyone else, thank you again for everything you did for me getting me to and from the track on Friday.

Ayse has said it before, but the post-Le Mans malaise is in full effect. I'll get my race report online in due time. I don't know when, but I promise it'll be online before Ayse's.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3105451)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Great read thank you.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3105483)   #3
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I second @Mal. Indeed a great read. So good to read written reports of a passionate Tenther.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3105679)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
enjoyed that as well
Old 12 Jul 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3105686)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good indeed - and yes, your report will be posted long before mine.....
Old 12 Jul 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3105706)   #6
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys. This one's been fun and tough. There were just a ton of tiny details that were swimming around in my head. I actually communicated with JWM's PR director on some of those little details Roger spoke about. All in all, it was just an incredible experience seeing "behind the curtain", so to speak.

I really wish I had some pics from inside Toyota. I understand the reason they didn't want taking pictures, but there was just so much to digest from our short time with Alastair.

Again, the whole day was just a great experience.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3105710)   #7
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent report of an excellent day in Le Mans.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3106449)   #8
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job Rob, was an excellent day and good to get an insight into how pragmatically the Toyota team were treating a race which was clearly too soon for them. Their hybrid system though certainly looks like it could makes things very interesting if they were allowed to wind it up.

Thanks for your company during the race too
Old 15 Jul 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3106526)   #9
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
nice reading
already looking forward for your raceday report
Old 15 Jul 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3106706)   #10
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great read.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3109408)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had a shock this morning, was watching Mobil 1 the grid and yet another feature on Le mans this time about rookie drivers, and Helen suddenly noticed me sitting on the wall outside Roger Wills pit, having missed the original pit visit, it was over so quick i was not sure so waited 1 hour for the repeat on channel 4 plus one and it was me.
Fame at last.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3110542)   #12
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Had a shock this morning, was watching Mobil 1 the grid and yet another feature on Le mans this time about rookie drivers, and Helen suddenly noticed me sitting on the wall outside Roger Wills pit, having missed the original pit visit, it was over so quick i was not sure so waited 1 hour for the repeat on channel 4 plus one and it was me.
Fame at last.
Haha! - Did you remember to tape it!?
Old 24 Jul 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3110589)   #13
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Haha! - Did you remember to tape it!?
Oddly enough I did. I taped it this weekend, and I think I've got him spotted

Old 24 Jul 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3110655)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thanks for that Robert, that stupid hat makes me stick out so perhaps it has it's uses.
Old 24 Jul 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3110675)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice on Robert
Old 24 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3110708)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
it is good to know that i am not the only one that watches for reports on le mans on the motoring programs, this weeks mobile one has a feature on the
hyrib cars racing for the first time so keep an eye out for more glimpses of ten-tenthers
Old 24 Jul 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3110962)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Oddly enough I did. I taped it this weekend, and I think I've got him spotted

No, it can't be Robert.......

.....that chap's quite good looking.......
Old 25 Jul 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3111124)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well you only have to look at the meeting photo to know that
Old 25 Jul 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3111441)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, it can't be Robert.......

.....that chap's quite good looking.......
You brits...
Old 26 Jul 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3111568)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
You brits...
Ayse has always been a little bit jealous of Simon's exemplary fashion sense and dashing good looks.

Old 26 Jul 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3111571)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Gentleman-

May I present to you - my Friday report:

http://robertblanshard.wordpress.com...day-pit-visit/

James, please feel free to pass onto your Toyota contact - Alastair or otherwise - and share with them.

To all of you, James, Walter, Pascal, Eric, Christopher, and everyone else, thank you again for everything you did for me getting me to and from the track on Friday.

Ayse has said it before, but the post-Le Mans malaise is in full effect. I'll get my race report online in due time. I don't know when, but I promise it'll be online before Ayse's.
Thoroughly enjoyed your report Robert, thanks for sharing. It was a particularly good Friday, wasn't it......great memories!

(For the sake of good order, it was Alastair Moffitt who hosted the Toyota visit for us. )
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3111670)   #22
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed your report Robert, thanks for sharing. It was a particularly good Friday, wasn't it......great memories!

(For the sake of good order, it was Alastair Moffitt who hosted the Toyota visit for us. )
Alastair Moffitt...duly noted and updated.

It was an incredible experience and I can't tell you how grateful I am to you and the rest of the guys here for helping me out so much that day. Personal tour with Walter, your efforts organizing the pit visit and Pascal's personal chauffeur services. It was a great day that provided even greater memories.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3111805)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Ayse has always been a little bit jealous of Simon's exemplary fashion sense and dashing good looks.

Damn, my secret is out.........
Old 27 Jul 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3111941)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
now that I have taken early retirement from the bank i am available for fashion consultation tips for a moderate fee
Old 27 Jul 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3112019)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
now that I have taken early retirement from the bank i am available for fashion consultation tips for a moderate fee
........that's fine, just so long as we don't see you draped across the bonnet of a prototype in your mankini.