Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3519928)   #376
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Actually i might not be doing much driving this year if at all, taking Kevin's day to day runabout a new A8 down this year so unless he decides to let me drive i will be a passenger, he once let me drive his daimler into the bank car park, but then again i am still the only person he has ever let drive his pride and joy.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 16:45 (Ref:3519931)   #377
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
can anyone tell me if the pit walk abouts/autograph sessions are free entry with a normal admission ticket or do you need a pit pass?
Old 26 Mar 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3519951)   #378
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
You do not need a pit pass. General entry ticket is good enough.
thanks muchly! cant wait for it now!!! finally get to pop my cherry :-D
Old 26 Mar 2015, 18:37 (Ref:3519970)   #379
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The autograph session is free, as is the pit walk on Friday only
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3519977)   #380
tdm74
Rookie

United States
wherever I lay my phone is my home
tdm74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How bad can mosquitos get at the track?
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3519980)   #381
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm74 View Post
How bad can mosquitos get at the track?
Do you mean at the campsites, at the track or at the track itself.
At the track it self I have never experienced any.
Neither at Maison Blanche, but seem to remember one from my campsite getting bitten at Karting Nord in 2012.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3519982)   #382
tdm74
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Do you mean at the campsites, at the track or at the track itself.
At the track it self I have never experienced any.
Neither at Maison Blanche, but seem to remember one from my campsite getting bitten at Karting Nord in 2012.
Yeah I was wondering about at the campsite and track. Thanks

Last edited by tdm74; 26 Mar 2015 at 19:44.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3519988)   #383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In 30 years i have never had a problem with them, but i suspect that at lower lying area;s near standing water they may be a problem, but to be honest i have never heard people complaining about then
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:44 (Ref:3519995)   #384
tdm74
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In 30 years i have never had a problem with them, but i suspect that at lower lying area;s near standing water they may be a problem, but to be honest i have never heard people complaining about then
Thanks!
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3519999)   #385
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you do find they are a pest drink more beer, the alcohol in your blood stream will stop them dead,
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3520001)   #386
tdm74
Rookie

United States
Quote:
If you do find they are a pest drink more beer, the alcohol in your blood stream will stop them dead,
Now that is probably the best recommendation yet.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3520063)   #387
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't say I've ever noticed mosquitos at Le Mans in 29 years......
Old 26 Mar 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3520091)   #388
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the Fuel, Tire and Barbecue smoke might also make it quite uninviting for them
Old 27 Mar 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3520196)   #389
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I think the Fuel, Tire and Barbecue smoke might also make it quite uninviting for them
Strange creatures! the very things we like keep them away
Old 27 Mar 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3520537)   #390
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Strange creatures! the very things we like keep them away

We do ofcourse have these big fat yellow orange beetles who start bumping in your head at a certain hour just before sun down, but they appear to be around for just about fifteen minutes every sunny evening. Apart from that, nope, I've hardly seen any mosquitos on the camp sites. I do recall though, a friend of mine once bringing a tent with a very light yellow inner tent. This really seemed very inviting to loads of flying creepy crawlies.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3520552)   #391
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure i have ever seen those beetles, we have had bats around the campsite and a bunny rabbit a few years ago but luckily they do not bite
Old 31 Mar 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3522109)   #392
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
... I do recall though, a friend of mine once bringing a tent with a very light yellow inner tent. This really seemed very inviting to loads of flying creepy crawlies.
One year I purchased the annual Pistonheads.com LM t-shirt which was bright yellow, I was followed by a cloud of bugs whenever I wore it.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3522113)   #393
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So avoid bright yellow then.
I had always assumed the darkish area behind the corvettes was smoke now i know it is actually bettles trying to catch up
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3522175)   #394
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never thought about Mozzies being a problem at LM. Thinking about it now, it's weird!

The only place where they might be a problem is the inside of Tetre Rouge, where there is a marshy bit behind the spectator banking. Even when cars are on track at night, you can hear the crickets and frogs chirping when you walk past. But I've never been bitten.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3522196)   #395
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I would have thought the old lakes near houx annex would be more the place they would hang out, but as you say i have never had any problem with them
Old 2 Apr 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3523024)   #396
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Have the Test day tickets gone on sale yet? Thanks!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3523100)   #397
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The race tickets also allow you to go to the test day, but if you are only going to the test day you can get the test day only tickets when you arrive, no need to pre book
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3523149)   #398
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks! only able to attend test day this year
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3523160)   #399
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It was good last year and we meet up with a small group of continental tenthers there above the pits, might even be there this year
Old 3 Apr 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3523288)   #400
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just another two months to go and we will be setting off from Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland. I'm currently doing my Itinerary. And I'm really struggling on what to do during the evenings on Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays. As I'm not one who would stay around the camp. I want to be doing stuff.

Does anyone know what the best way of watching the Canadian Grand Prix is? As that happens on the Sunday before. And it's usually a really good race. Don't want to miss it. My Dad doesn't want to go into the town to a pub so that isn't a option.
Closed Thread