Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 May 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3411410)   #126
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree with bernard about Arnage. Amazing place for seeing the cars up close and really drinking in the atmosphere. But the cars aren't going quick enough to eliminate the fence.

There is (I think) one section which you can point the camera through near the apex but there are a lot more people at that point. Normally also no way to get your camera over the catch fence unless you can levitate.
Old 27 May 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3411431)   #127
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Mmmh I have a 300mm lens. I'll give it a try
this one is at 300mm
http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php/pho...tin_Vantage_V8
Old 27 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3411433)   #128
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Nothing wrong with that one Bernard
Old 28 May 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3411606)   #129
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will there be any streaming of the test day? I seem to remember one last year. Or maybe not.
Old 28 May 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3411622)   #130
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes the was a limited amount of pictures and obviously RLM last year
Old 28 May 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3411632)   #131
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone!

This will be my first and probably last trip to LM, at least in the following 20+ years, due to budget and distance and I want it to be the “most perfect” that I can achieve. This trip has been my biggest dream since 2007 so I have several questions I would like to ask you, after reading the whole thread and several others:

- We have booked Parking Vert and T34. I’ve read that I must follow the green arrows to P Vert, it’s just as easy as that? On Friday we will be driving from Paris-Beauvais airport to the new ticket collection place, then parking there to collect the tickets and then to Parking Vert and pit walk. The way would be the one I draw? http://es.tinypic.com/r/az6pz8/8

- Any advice regarding Parking Vert? We won’t camp on LM on Friday (booked an little hotel at Morannes)

- By 5 am I want to drive to Indianapolis/Arnage (and Mulsannes corner it is reasonable). Since we will have our car inside the track in Parking Vert, we will be able to drive to Arnage / Mulsanne using the inner track roads? It’s hard to park the car once you get there? If it is possible, could you give me some advice (roads or signals, viewpoints) please?

- There are “mobile device” or something to hire in order to follow the official live timing? We may not have internet connection there. Anyway, I’ll listen to RLM but livetiming is a must for me.

Thanks a lot, I’ve been following this forum since I discovered it last LM, and it has helped me A LOT in almost every aspect of preparing this trip. Thanks again.
Old 28 May 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3411688)   #132
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
Hi everyone!

This will be my first and probably last trip to LM, at least in the following 20+ years, due to budget and distance and I want it to be the “most perfect” that I can achieve. This trip has been my biggest dream since 2007 so I have several questions I would like to ask you, after reading the whole thread and several others:

- We have booked Parking Vert and T34. I’ve read that I must follow the green arrows to P Vert, it’s just as easy as that? On Friday we will be driving from Paris-Beauvais airport to the new ticket collection place, then parking there to collect the tickets and then to Parking Vert and pit walk. The way would be the one I draw? http://es.tinypic.com/r/az6pz8/8

- Any advice regarding Parking Vert? We won’t camp on LM on Friday (booked an little hotel at Morannes)

- By 5 am I want to drive to Indianapolis/Arnage (and Mulsannes corner it is reasonable). Since we will have our car inside the track in Parking Vert, we will be able to drive to Arnage / Mulsanne using the inner track roads? It’s hard to park the car once you get there? If it is possible, could you give me some advice (roads or signals, viewpoints) please?

- There are “mobile device” or something to hire in order to follow the official live timing? We may not have internet connection there. Anyway, I’ll listen to RLM but livetiming is a must for me.

Thanks a lot, I’ve been following this forum since I discovered it last LM, and it has helped me A LOT in almost every aspect of preparing this trip. Thanks again.
Welcome on the forum kaseo88.

- Access to parking vert : according to the official map, you cannot take this way. You will have to take the famous chemin aux boeufs and find this green arrow. So, try this way and/or follow the green arrows

If you want to go to Arnage or Mulsanne (at 5am you will find place in the car parks) you cannot take inner roads.

Because of one way roads during the 24H week, it's better for you to go from parking vert to Arnage then from Arnage to Mulsanne. Sometimes, the gendarmes make people pass through Mulsanne. I know, it's not always easy .5 am is a good time and you will find place.
From Mulsanne back to parking vert.
The parking vert is not the best place to get to the others areas, but you can also try the navettes transportation.

- There is no specific mobile device for the live timing ; you can hear RLM or watch the screen. The 3G reception is impossible because of the high number of connections.

Last edited by PascaLM; 28 May 2014 at 09:19.
Old 28 May 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3411791)   #133
Jules Mini
Rookie

United Kingdom
Radstock
Jules Mini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can its worth getting to mulsanne a bit earlier to catch the transition from darkness to light which i think is earlier than 5am its a magical time
Old 28 May 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3411848)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can someone please confirm for me what time the roads close on race day morning?
Old 28 May 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3411852)   #135
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can someone please confirm for me what time the roads close on race day morning?
I think that Eric can give us the answer.
To be clear, the roads are closed for the practices and race ; not the entire week, of course.
Old 28 May 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3411858)   #136
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Must be quiet early as the support races start soon after 9.00am
Old 28 May 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3411859)   #137
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I can't find any info yet for 14 June, but on 1 June (test day) the roads will be closed at 04.00.
Old 28 May 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3411863)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had an enquiry via my website from a first-timer who isn't arriving until Sat morning.....
Old 28 May 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3411864)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Coming from Tours.....
Old 28 May 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3411893)   #140
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Coming from Tours.....
I have just sent you a PM.
Old 28 May 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3411950)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The question I have is the best route into the circuit from Tours on Saturday morning. The lady says:-

We are planning on driving to the circuit June 14th and we have a parking permit for the Heronniere Parking area and tickets for the T19 Lagache grandstands. Do you know if there is any other means of finding out when the road from Tours will be closing?

Where is Heronniere Parking?
Old 28 May 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3411959)   #142
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Because of one way roads during the 24H week, it's better for you to go from parking vert to Arnage
not completely sure they'll let you drive through, but this route seems shorter
Old 28 May 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3411964)   #143
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Where is Heronniere Parking?
bleu area
Old 28 May 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3411967)   #144
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent - thanks Bernard.

What would be the best route in from Tours to get there on Saturday morning?
Old 28 May 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3411971)   #145
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Excellent - thanks Bernard.

What would be the best route in from Tours to get there on Saturday morning?
I'd say motorway A28, then follow "Circuit des 24 Heures" signs (easier way)

Ecommoy, Moncé en Belin, Arnage (shorter, but smaller roads)
Old 28 May 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3411979)   #146
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I can't find any info yet for 14 June, but on 1 June (test day) the roads will be closed at 04.00.
Andrew, Christopher, here is the best way :http://www.sarthe.gouv.fr/dimanche-1...des-a2626.html
On june 1st roads will be closed from 3h30am . "La circulation sera interdite notamment sur la RD 338 (axe Le Mans/Tour) et sur certaines routes départementales de 3h30 du matin * 20h00 le dimanche 1er juin 2014."
You can find the traffic plans here : http://www.sarthe.com/itineraireEvenement.aspx
http://www.sarthe.com/fiche_itinerai...spx?card=41770 oups the link seems not to work?
I think it's too early for june 14th but it would have to be the same time.
Old 28 May 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3411981)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Eric
Old 28 May 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3411989)   #148
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
I'd say motorway A28, then follow "Circuit des 24 Heures" signs (easier way)

Ecommoy, Moncé en Belin, Arnage (shorter, but smaller roads)
There are traffic jams in Arnage on the Saturday morning. So for me it's Ecommoy, Yvré-le-Polin, Guécélard and D326. It's longer than by Moncé but not busy.
Whatever the road you take, it's better to arrive before 9am.
Old 28 May 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3412011)   #149
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Pascal, Eric and Bernard - I've passed the info on
Old 28 May 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3412019)   #150
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm attending for the first time. Does anyone know if the race scanners I used to listen to RLM/team transmissions will work at Le Mans? I'm going for the first time and I'd love to be able to listen to RLM.

Or would an FM radio work just fine?
Closed Thread